Chapter One

It's about twelve A.M. I didn't feel very tired so I figured why not drain some energy, I continued to walk as my phone buzzed in my pocket, pulling it out I saw a text from my roommate Tyler:

"Hey Y/n, be careful being
Out this late!"

It read, I smiled at the message knowing it was just cause he cared, he was always like an older brother for me, I walked through the streets of Cincinnati Ohio.

"Okay, thanks Tyler :)"

I replied nonchalantly, I wandered around mindlessly for about thirty minutes before deciding to head back home, I took a right turn and walked down the dim, empty road, knowing this would be shorter then just turning around and walking back, I walked quickly but felt the weird feeling I was being watched,
I trembled as the cold, winter breeze blew on me.

"Cold my love?" A deep voice said from behind me, I jumped at the sudden brake of silence, before I could react I felt a small pinch on my neck, I began to feel dizzy as I fell back, strong arms caught me and pulled me close, my vision blurred, head throbbing, darkness taking over.

I wake up tied to a chair, tape placed tightly over my mouth, pulling my skin a little, I struggle and pull at the ropes around me, feeling cold air blow across me, I look around to realize I'm in a dimly lit basement; Whips, knives, lighters, handcuffs, and ropes lined a small table to my right, to my left I saw a queen sized bed pushed up against the wall, I panicked, letting muffled pants come from beneath the tape, I looked to the blank wall in front of me to see a shadow of a man.

Warm hands fell upon my shoulders, cool breath tickles my neck, sending shivers down my spine, my breathing quickened as the man kissed my shoulder gently, I felt tears prick my eyes, my body Beginning to tremble in fear, "Shh, don't fret my love" The man whispered, his deep voice oddly calming my nerves, he slowly came in front of me and stood on his knees, matching my height, "I've been watching you for quite some time now" He smiled softly; Fluffy black hair peeked out from his black and blue hoodie, chocolate brown eyes gazed lovingly at me behind his rounded, red and black glasses, his blue jeans scraped against the floor as he came closer, caressing my face with his hand, I muffled some undetectable words and he frowned, pulling the tape from my mouth carefully, "What was that?" He asked calmly.

I opened my mouth and let out a soft sob,
The man gasped
"No, no, shh, It's okay" He panicked wrapping his strong arms around me, "P-please, d-don't hurt me" I cried onto his muscular shoulder, "I won't, I love you" He assured me, pulling away, "You don't know me! I want to go home, Tyler will find me eventually!" I snapped, I watched his face drop as he looked down, I almost felt kinda.... Bad? "Look, I know you're afraid, I understand, but... I've been watching you for awhile and I love you, I know you would never love me so I brought you here, and now I have you" He sighed softly, wiping away my tears gently.

"So-" I was cut off by Mark softly pressing his lips on mine, "S-stop" I cried, pulling away, he pulled away and gave me big puppy eyes, "I-I'm sorry, I couldn't help it" He said looking down, I sighed, "Who are you?" I finally asked, "Oh, I'm Mark" He said smoothly.
"About that Tyler guy..." He started, I looked at him with worry, "What did you do to him?!" I yelled in panic, "Nothing, he's fine, it's just that.... You can't really... You can't see him anymore" He sighed and looked down, "Oh and why not?" I asked with some sass lacing my voice, "Because you belong to me now" He said innocently, I decided it wasn't best to argue with the one who had weapons, although he seems harmless, he's kinda sweet, not to mention he doesn't look half bad.

I looked down silently, he shifted so he was sitting cross-legged, he looked over my sad, tear stained face and had a look of shame, "Please don't be upset" He said softly, I just cried silently, "Y/n" He said softly, "Why do you have those there?" I asked glancing at the weapons, he looked over at them and smiled, coming closer to me, he climbed onto my lap so he was straddling me, bringing his lips close to my ear,
"So I can get my way" He purred leaving a trail of kisses down my jaw line, he traced his index and middle fingers around my cheek bone, "How could someone so perfect exist?" He whispered, rubbing my outer thigh, I squeezed my eyes shut hoping it was a dream, I felt his cool breath on me, he smelled of cologne and mint as he breathed his soft breath on my face. I held my breath, "What are you doing?" He stared at me in confusion, "Trying to make myself wake up from this nightmare" My voice barley audible from my lack of air, his eyes widened and he jumped off of me standing in front of me with a panicked expression.

*Clock ticking*

"Y/n BREATH" He yelled shaking my shoulders, tears pricking his eyes slightly, *Gasp* "God, Mark why couldn't you have just let me pass out?" I complained, "Because why would I?" He replied, I ignored his response and looked away, "Untie me" , "What?" , "Un. Tie. Me!" I said aggravated, he stared at me in shock but nodded, he slowly untied me and watched my every move, looking over him I hesitantly stood as he watched me cautiously, I looked over the table then to the door, running up the steps to it, Mark didn't try and stop me, I pulled on the door and realized it was locked, "Of course" I sighed quietly, leaning my forehead against the door as warm tears slipped down my face.

I was startled by a pair of muscular arms around my waist, I pulled my head away from the door and Mark put his face near mine, resting his cheek softly next to mine, his stubble tickled my face lightly, "Why can't you just stay with me? Why must you be so stubborn, I'm really not that bad of a guy" He softly said, "Not that bad? You kidnapped me you psycho!" I snapped, "Hey!" He yelled sternly, spinning me around and pinning me against the door, "You won't take that tone with me!" He said through gritted teeth, I trembled slightly and looked over him, "Oh really? And what are you gonna do?" I bravely asked, this was a mistake.

~Kawaii Unicorn