Chapter Eighteen

--Previously: Dan raised his dagger and my eyes widened.--

He threw the knife at the wall and smiled, "Scream" He whispered, "What?" I whispered back, "Scream in pain like I threw it at you, trust me it's for your own good" He winked, I cried out in pain the best I could and he nodded in approval, "Alright, if you wanna be like that, we'll do this the hard way" He said loudly with a smile, "What?" I looked at him confused, he put a finger up to his lips, "Play along" He whispered.

"N-no, please don't!" I whimpered, I watched as Dan walked over and grabbed the dagger, he smiled "Don't worry I'm gonna get you out of here" He whispered, "What?" I was so confused by all his strange actions, he rolled his eyes and put a protective piece of plastic on his dagger, slipping it in his pocket he laughed softly, "Listen I'm their 'New recruit' " He laughed while making air quotes, "But I'm actually from a different group, it's me, Mark, and our friends; Arin, Barry, Ross, Brian, and the leader Suzy" He explained, "I'm gonna get you out of here, Mark does a lot of weird stuff in his free time but I've heard a lot about you, I volunteered to integrate you, they said use pain" He said.

"You're with Mark is he okay?" I panicked, "I haven't seen him since he said he was going to your house to try and win you back last night" He shrugged, "He seemed pretty tore up about losing you" I felt guilty as he spoke, "Why?" He asked, I shifted uncomfortably but explained anyways.
"I see..." He replied, "I don't really know if he'll do it or not but... But we should try and find him" He nodded, "Let's make this quicker then it should be, sound good?" He asked, I nodded and he untied me, "Stay close don't get more then three feet away from me okay?" He instructed, I nodded and he untied me.

Pulling a gun from the back of his jeans he grabbed my hand and pulled me through the door, he kept a firm grip holding me close to his back, he pointed his gun forward and pulled me down the hall, "Hey you aren't supposed t-" The random guard was cut off by Dan shooting him, "Dan what the hell!" I yelled in a whisper, "There's a lot more where that came from" He said pulling me along and stepping over the guy, I slightly panicked seeing a guy die, we heard gunshots and Dan pulled me along almost dragging me as we ran, "Stay close" Dan whispered as we heard gunshots around the corner, he took a deep breath and pushed his back flat against the wall, I copied and waited.

"W-who Evers there, h-he wants you to come out" I heard Ryan yell nervously, "Shh" Dan said quietly, I nodded and he held his gun at the ready, "He said show yourself!" Ryan called out, Dan just shook his head and waited, "Get the fuck out here before I blow his brains out!" I heard an angered Mark yell, "Mark!" I breathed quietly, "Y/n no wait!" Dan called as I went to run out, he grabbed my shirt and pulled me back, "You don't know who's holding who" He said softly, "B-but-" He cut me off, "I know you want to see him and apologize but he isn't stable, it's best we go out another way" He said grabbing my hand and pulling me the other way, "M-" Dan covered my mouth before I could yell, "Y/n, I know you want him, I do but... You just can't right now, the important thing is that he's okay" He pulled me I front of him and kept a hand over my mouth, the other on his gun, he kept me close to him and pushed me along.

We got outside and he pushed me into his car, he jumped in and locked it, "You're going to leave him?" I panicked, "Yup" He replied starting the car, "DAN!" I yelled, "Listen, if you think anything you've seen him do was bad trust me he'd do worse if he knew I let you get hurt or die" He said, "I don't think he'd care, I hurt him badly" I said softly, letting tears roll down my cheeks.

~Kawaii Unicorn