Chapter Seventeen

--previously: I walked into his closet and went into shock at what I saw.--

Pictures of me all over the walls, one of my sweaters that I 'lost' on a bus, a small journal placed on a rack with hoodies on it, I grabbed the journal and hesitantly opened it:

Day 1

I saw her today at the store, she didn't see me but I was there, she bought a bottle of her favorite perfume and I did as well, I then had lunch with her at her favorite restaurant, we didn't sit together but I got to sit behind her, we ordered the same thing as each other like we normally did.

Day 2

I saw Y/n on the bus today, she left her sweater behind, I decided I'd take it, might as well not let some stranger get ahold of it, I curled up in bed with it, it's like sleeping with her in my arms, it smells so sweet and feels so soft, one day I'll get to hold her in my arms at night.

I skipped through to some of the days to see what more he had done.

Day 789

I grabbed Y/n under a street lamp, she's in my basement now, I love her so much I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her, I just hope I don't disappoint her, if she ever loved me I'd be ecstatic but... If she loves me and I do something wrong and lose her, I don't know what I'd do with myself.

I felt terrible as I flipped to the book marked page in the book.

Y/n hates me, all I want to do is protect her and it's over for me now.

The page had some blood on it, I placed the book aside and ran into the rest of the house, I opened the front door, "What took you so long?" Tyler asked, "N-nothing just let's look around" I sighed, we searched the whole house but found nothing, "No-no-no!" I shouted concerned, "Y/n" , "No Tyler! Don't 'Y/n' Me! We'll find him I know we will!" I shouted with worry running back to the car, "Let's go come on!" I said pulling on the door, "I don't think we'll find him..." Tyler said awkwardly, "Why not?" I asked, "Cause he could be anywhere, we don't know anything about him, he could be dead by now" He replied, "I don't wanna think about that" I sighed, he nodded, "Fine we'll drive around a little longer" He finally agreed, "Good!" I said getting in the car.

I tapped my finger on the car door anxiously, I just sat there tapping, "Could you not?" Tyler asked sounding a bit irritated, "Sorry" I timidly replied, I stared out the window, "You don't really think he'll do it... Do you?" I asked, "I don't know depends on how serious this guy is about protecting you" He glanced at me briefly as I gulped hard, "O-oh" I knew now we needed to find him more then anything, we kept driving and I saw a figure wearing my flannel that I gave to Mark and wearing a black beanie, "Stop!" I panicked making Tyler stop the car, jumping out I ran to the man, "Mark!" I yelled as I got closer to him, "Oh I'm not Mark" The man said grabbing my wrists as he turned around, "R-Ryan?" I panicked slightly, "Let's go" He pushed me forwards.

"Who is that?" Ryan asked pointing a gun towards Tyler, "That's my roommate" I replied quietly, I heard a gun shot and glass shatter, "NO!" I yelled trying to run to the car, "Shut up!" He said as he slammed against his car, "Time for you to take a short little nap" He grinned wickedly as he turned me to face him, putting a damp cloth over my face, I quickly passed out and was thrown into the van.

*Tick*

*Tick*

*Tick*

I woke up in a bright, white room tied to a chair, I could hear a faint echoing tick in the back of my mind, "H-Hello?" I called, instantly regretting it as the door flung open, "Well, well, well" A tall grungy looking man said; brown, fluffy hair that looked like he was from a early nineties rock band, scruffy stubble a bit shorter then Marks, he was suited in a leather jacket and ripped jeans, his black shirt had a pair off blue eyes as if it was a person in a ninja mask.

"Who are you?" I asked confused, "The names Dan" He said twirling a dagger around his fingers, "Okay..." I said nervously, "We have somethings to talk about Y/n" He smiled calmly, "Okay and those things are?" I asked nervous of why he had a dagger, "Don't worry I just wanna talk to you about Mark" He said calmly, "Look I don't know where he is" I said letting a tear slip down my face, Dan wiped it away and smiled, "Oh you're soft for him?" He laughed, "I want to know why you were at his house earlier today?" He continued tilting his head to the side slightly and ran his hand over his scruff, I just stayed silent.

After a few moments of intense silence he looked down and sighed, "Listen you have to trust me okay? I'm the only one you've got right now okay, so let's just be calm and talk like friends" He smiled at me, "No!" I replied stubbornly, Dan raised his dagger and my eyes widened.

~Kawaii Unicorn