Chapter Twenty Three

--Previously: "We need some help..." .--

"Fine what?" Mark sighed still holding me tightly behind him, "Matt and Ryan have Bob..." Wade said, I could tell this was getting to Mark slightly but he tried to ignore it, "And why should I help you guys after what you did to us?" He asked, Suzy seemed slightly nervous, "Because we didn't know that Vernon was one of your guys" The blue haired man jumped in, "Ethan's right, we were both keeping peace with each other but we didn't know he was with you guys" Sean said, "So you're telling me that I should help you guys get Bob back cause we're friends?" He crossed his arms letting me free, "Yeah..." Ethan said.

"Just one slight issue..." Wade chimed in, "And that is?" Mark asked, Sean shot Wade a death glare, "We have to use Y/n as bait... They said it would be a trade...." Wade stated, "Nope, no way, you can go now buh-bye" He said pushing them towards the door more, "Mark" Suzy said, "Suzy we can't" He said, "Think about it Bob keeps the peace between us all" Suzy said, "Think about all the other gangs" She said, "Do you promise we'll get her back and she'll be safe?" Mark sighed, "One hundred percent!" Sean said, Mark turned and looked at me, "And you, how do you feel about this?" He asked, "Um.. Yeah sure, I'll help... I guess" I whispered nervously as my stomach tied it's self in knots.

"Alright let's talk over the plan" Ethan said, "So Mark you and I will go and wait around the side entrance while Sean hands over Y/n and gets Bob, then Wade will go with Bob and get the car ready to escape, you and I will hold off the guards while Sean sneaks through the air ducts to Y/n and gets her out, then you can have her back and peace will be made again" Ethan explained, "Why does it have to be Sean that she goes with?" Mark asked, "I'm small enough to slide through the vents" He shrugged, "Fine" He sighed, "When does this take place?" He asked, "Tomorrow at noon" Wade said, "Fine tomorrow at noon we'll be at your guy's place" Mark said, "Good" Sean said as they left.

"Y/n I'm not sure I-" , "Shh it'll be okay" I cut him off and held his face in my hands, "Are you sure?" He asked quietly, "I'm sure" I whispered.

We spent most of the day just lounging around the house, I laid my head in his lap and smiled up at him, "Are you comfortable?" He laughed, "Yes very, thank you" I smiled, Mark playfully rolled his eyes, "You know it's getting dark out would you like to go on our date now?" Mark smirked, "Why are you smirking like that? Mark don't tell me are date is sex" I looked away, "It isn't" He chuckled, "I can be a gentleman you know" He smiled down at me, adjusting his glasses so they wouldn't fall off his nose, "Alright let's go" I giggled.

Mark grabbed my hand and walked me to the back door, "Why are we going out the back?" I asked, "You'll see" He said with a toothy grin, Mark kept my hand in his as he led me through the woods to a new place, "Ready?" He asked, "Yeah?" I asked confused, Mark moved some branches and revealed a beautiful picnic with candles and rose petals lighting up the dark forest, "Oh my God, Mark that's beautiful when did you do all this?" I asked, "Oh well I-" Mark paused at the fact that Ross fell out of a tree and into some bushes, "Oh okay" I laughed, "Ross God damn it" He joked, "You can't see me" Ross yelled and ran off.

Mark cleared his throat and motioned towards the picnic, "Shall we my dear?" He asked, I nodded and sat down on the blanket with Mark across from me, I examined his cute outfit of a purple V-neck and blue jeans with his fluffy hair rested to the side as usual, we sat with our legs crossed on the blanket, "So if you didn't know I'm an amazing cook!" Mark bragged, "Really?" I asked, "Yup so I decided to make you an amazing dinner" He said, "But when? you were with me all day!" I asked staring at him in shock, "No... You go to the bathroom a lot, every time you'd walk away I'd work on our dinner" He smiled, I looked over all the food; steak, bread rolls, mashed potatoes, green beans, Pasta salad and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and strawberries on it.

"You made so much" I stared in awe, "Well Suzy helped a bit with the cake... I'm not to good at baking" He chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck, Mark made me a plate of food and handed it to me, he then made himself some, "Enjoy" He smiled as he cut a piece of steak, "Thank you" I smiled at him, "Of course" He gave me that loving gaze that he had the very first day I met him.
"Wow Mark this is amazing!" I exclaimed after trying some of his food, "Thanks, my mom taught me how to cook when I was younger" He smiled widely as if it brought back a train of memories.

We finished eating our dinner and Mark cut me a piece of cake, "Here you are my dear!" He exclaimed happily giving me some cake,
"Thank you!" I said taking the cake from him, we sat and ate our cake together listening to the soft wind blow through the trees.

~Kawaii Unicorn