Chapter Nine

--Previously: "You're a child running with scissors". --

I woke up to Mark kneeling beside the bed with his chin rested in his hands, "Morning" He said with a smile, I jumped, "Were you watching me sleep?!?" I panicked, "Uh huh, why wouldn't I?" He asked, furrowing his brow, "Cause that's creepy!" I shrieked, "Well, I wanna savor every moment we have together, I want to see your beautiful face as I much as I can, I wanna be with you as much as possible" He said, I could hear a hint of worry in his voice, "Is something wrong?" I asked confused, "You're acting... Different" I said cautiously, "I'm going to lose you Y/n, I watched the news, Matt called me in as a suspect of your disappearance" He said sadly.

I stared at him in shock, I never thought I'd feel sad about this, I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder, "How long?" I asked, "What?" He seemed confused and nervous, "How long are they going to take you away for?" I felt sad as I asked, "probably a few years if I had to guess" He responded, I pulled away and looked at him deep in the eyes, "I can't believe I'm going to say this but.... I'm going to miss you a lot Mark" I whispered, placing a hand on his face and kissing him gently, his eyes lit up and he kissed me back softly.

"I love you" He whispered, placing his forehead to mine, I twisted his soft fluffy hair through my fingers as I kept my hand placed behind his head, "I hate you Mark" I teased, "I know" He replied with a chuckle, "Please try to stay safe while you're there" I said, "I've been in prison before, I'll live but it's not easy-" He trailed off as if he was remembering something, I felt tears sting my eyes, Was I really going to see Tyler again, "You're excited aren't you?" He sighed, "I want to see Tyler" I shrugged, "He's like my family you know that" I said simply, "I know, just remember me, please?" He said desperately, "How could I forget you?" I sighed, "Yeah good point" He said.

Mark pulled a small box from his jeans pocket, "This is for you, it's just something I got you just in case, just a reminder that I love you, you don't have to wear it but you know just keep it please" He said calmly handing me the box, I hesitantly opened the box; a small silver, chain bracelet with a silver 'M' charm on it. I examined the sleek bracelet,
"Thanks Mark" I said softly giving him a hug, "Of course, here you can keep it in the box just in case" He said, I placed it in the small box and slipped the box into my pocket, I heard a siren in the distance and began to feel anxious, "Shh it's alright" He said softly, I got onto the floor in front of him and held him tightly, I placed a hand on the back of his head and held him close to me, keeping me in a protective embrace he sighed.

"I'm not letting go until they pull you out of my arms" He said determined, I just held him tightly, "I know you still don't like me but at least.... At least tell me the truth, do you still hate me?" He asked, "No, I don't hate you" I replied, "But you don't like me?" He asked, "I'm not fond of you" I replied, "So we're on an okay level?" He asked, "Sure" I laughed, "Good" He smiled, "I love you ,I can't stress that enough" He said softly.

*Crack*

The door flung open and we tightened around each other, "I love you" He whispered, "ALRIGHT GET OFF HER AND PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" A cop yelled, pointing a gun at him, Mark slowly let me go and raised his hands up, slowly standing up, two cops came over and grabbed his arms, another cop walked over to me, I felt tears sting my eyes, "WAIT!!!" I yelled causing everyone to pause, I ran to Mark and hugged him tightly, Mark already had cuffs on so he just rested his head on my shoulder, "Goodbye Mark" I kissed his shoulder lightly, "I'll see you again" He whispered softly, I felt chills go down my spine, what does that mean, a cop pulled me back and checked me over, "Is everything alright? Are you ok Ma'am?" The cop asked looking over me, "I'm okay, thank you" I breathed, they pulled Mark away and he walked silently, "There's a man waiting for you outside, would you kindly follow me?" He asked, I nodded and we exited his fancy looking house.

I walked outside and was pulled into a tight hug, "Oh my god, Y/n? Are you okay? What happened? Did he hurt you? I was so worried" Tyler panicked holding onto me tightly, I hugged him tightly, "I'm fine Tyler, I missed you" I let out a sigh of relief as I pulled away and he smiled at me, "You're never going outside again!" He teased, "Y/N!" Mark called, We all looked towards him as a cop put a hand over his mouth, he started to fight against them, I caught a muffled 'look out' and I turned around, my sister, Matt, and Ryan stood there all pointing guns at me, Matt pulled the trigger, time slowed as I heard the gun shot, Tyler was over talking to a cop, I was standing alone,

*Chains rattling*.

~Kawaii Unicorn