Chapter Twenty One

--Previously: "But if Ross would just get up I wouldn't" He teased. --

"I know I'm late I'm here now though" An average looking man with short grey and black hair said as he burst through the door, "No worries Brian" Dan smiled while fist bumping him, "Is that Y/n?" He asked pointing at me, I felt awkward that they all new me and I had just them, "Yeah" Mark replied putting an arm around my shoulders, Brain stared in concern at the two of us, "She wants to be here" Mark laughed, Brain looked over at me and I smiled, "He's right I do" I assured him, "I'll fill you in, let's go do our morning rounds" Dan said as they pulled out guns and went outside, "You and I will go pick up some of our stuff" Mark said with a smile, "Why?" I asked, "You'll be staying here with us for awhile and Mark goes were you go" Suzy replied, "Again why?" I asked still confused, "Because you're in danger and all of us are trained, we can protect you if we have to, that's why it's best that you don't go out without one of us just in case" Barry replied for her as she drank some coffee, "Okay..." I looked over at Mark, "So you and I will be staying here together for awhile if that's okay with you?" He asked, "Yeah that's fine" I smiled.

We all finished our coffees, Mark and I left, "We'll head to your place first" He smiled, "Alright, what about Tyler" I asked, "He'll be fine" Mark assured me, "Why do you guys keep saying that?" I asked, "Because we know Tyler and he'll be fine" He responded, "How do you know him?" I asked, "Did I say you could ask so many questions?" He looked over at me, "No but you don't have to" I sighed, "I know" He replied, "Just ask less" He chuckled.

We pulled up to my house and Mark got out of the car, running over to the passenger seat he opened my door for me and helped me out of the car, "Alright let's go" He said pulling out his gun and standing behind me, "You brought a gun to go get our stuff?" I laughed, "I bring a gun everywhere" He shrugged, "Even if we were to go out on a date?" I asked raising an eyebrow, "Yes why?" He creased his eyebrows, "Just curious" I answered walking up to my house and unlocking the door, we stepped in and Mark raised the gun, looking around a few corners.

"You done?" I laughed as he put his arms back down to his sides, "You can never be to careful" He replied with a small smile, "Let's go" He said motioning to the stairs, I went up and he followed closely, "Here use this" Mark said throwing a duffle bag from my closet at me, I nodded and threw in my; clothes, shoes, accessories, toiletries, and my gameboy. "Do you really need that?" He laughed as I threw it in, "If I'm gonna be there I might get bored" I shrugged, "Might as well take this too I guess" Mark laughed holding up my bear, "I don't need it, I have you" I laughed, "Good I was always jealous of this thing" He teased throwing it on my bed.

He grabbed his clothes from the other night and took them along with us, I threw in a few extra things and we exited my home, Mark threw my bag into his car and opened the door for me again and I jumped in, "Thanks" I smiled, "No need to thank me" He nodded while flashing a bright smile.

"So... How much did you find when you went to my house?" He asked awkwardly, "The journal, my sweater, your shrine.." I replied, "Anything else?" He asked, "No what else is there?" I looked him over, "Nothing... Just you didn't mess with your sweater at all right?" His face seemed to get redder as he spoke, "No why?" I asked awkwardly, "I uh... I was gonna do a thing but I didn't..." He said uncomfortably, "What? were you going to kidnap me and propose and if I said no you'd just keep me locked there forever till I said yes or something?" I asked, "Maybe..." He said quietly, "Mark!" I whined, "What I'm sorry, I didn't though" He laughed, "You're insane" I said, "Then why do you love me?" He asked, "Crazy people need love too" I replied.

Mark and I entered his house and went up the stairs to his room, "Just wait right here and don't move" He said sitting me down on his bed, "But why?" I asked, "Just stay" He commanded going into the closet for a few minutes, "You know I've already been in there right?" I called out, "I know" Mark said exiting the closet with a duffle bag of his own and an empty backpack, "Cmon we gotta go to the basement" He sighed, I shuttered remembering being down there, "I know, I'm sorry" He said as we ran downstairs, he grabbed his weapons and threw them into the backpack, adding in some rope and cuffs too.

"Let's go" He said pulling me up the stairs and locking everything up.

We got into his car and started driving, "So that date comment earlier" He started, "Yeah-?" I asked hesitantly, "Was that a hint or something?" He asked, "I don't know... I mean I wanna go on dates and stuff but I know it's kinda hard to do that with being chased and stuff" I answered.

~Kawaii Unicorn