Chapter Seven

--Previously: "Why is abuse the thing you turn to? Was somebody hurting you? Is that why it makes you feel dominant?" I asked trembling, Mark sighed. --

"Look Y/n I..." Tears pricked his eyes and he looked away "Hey it's alright" I said calmly, he looked back at me and smiled, he placed a hand on my head forcefully making me rest it on his shoulder, he leaned his head onto mine as he began, "I had a fiancé, she was so sweet and nice and caring, funny, beautiful, but one day she changed, she started getting drunk and sleeping with some guy from her work, I tried making her dinner to show she was forgiven, I bought her flowers and told her I loved her but instead she would yell at me telling me how I would be alone and how no one would wanted to be with me cause I'm a screw up, she started hitting me all the time but I never did anything, eventually she grabbed a kitchen knife and-" Mark stopped, I pulled away and looked up at him.

He stayed silent staring off for a few minutes "She stuck it into my chest, I almost died, she told me it would be easier so she could go off with her manager, she left me on the floor bleeding out until one of my friends knocked and just came in, he took me to the hospital. Ever since that day I've made sure no one would ever hurt me again" He replied, hurt lacing his voice, "Is that all?" I asked feeling like there was a small part he didn't mention, "Uh... It was.... Your sister..." My eyes widened in shock, "MY SISTER!" I yelled, "Y/n please, I know" He sighed extending his arms out to me, I gladly fell into his hug and cried.

My sister always used to terrorize me after my parents car accident, they both died and I was forced to live alone with her, she started abusing me and letting her friends use me as a slave, that's when Tyler stepped in, he was about five years older then me and he had me come live with him at his place that he was renting, I refused, not wanting to cause him any trouble but he insisted. "You were one of them weren't you?" I cried, "N-no! I didn't know her back when you were younger, I met her three years after you were moved out with Tyler!" He panicked, not wanting me to hate him more.

"Why me?" I asked softly as I cried onto his shoulder, "It was always you, I couldn't have you though..." He trailed off, "I thought you were with Tyler so I figured you and your sister were alike, I guess I was wrong, Y/n I'm so sorry" He kissed the top of my head softly, "Oh god" I said feeling sick, "What?" He asked, "You slept with my sister didn't you?" I sighed, "No, she didn't want to, she wanted me for my money" He sighed, I hugged him tighter and cried harder, "Please I... She's looking for you and if you see her please, please Y/n I'm begging you if you ever see her run" He begged, keeping his embrace firmly around me, "Wait, why?" I asked, "Remember Matt and Ryan" He asked, I nodded lightly, "Matt is her husband" He scoffed, "Is that why he hates you?" I asked, "No, I may or may not have stolen something valuable to him..." He trailed off, "It was the pocket watch wasn't it" I pulled away and looked at him, he nodded and I sighed.

"Why is she looking for me?" I asked, "She knows that I've liked you for awhile now.... She... She wants to use you against me to make me weak" He sighed, "She found out when Matt and Ryan came here, now she wants you" He continued, I stared at him in fear, I thought he was treating me bad but my sister... She's ten times worse. I shivered as a chill went down my spine, "Hey, are you cold?" Mark asked, I nodded slightly, Mark unbuttoned the flannel he was in and took it off, wrapping it around me, I stared at his muscular torso, "Awe you're so cute when your drooling over my hot body" He teased, flexing his arms, I blushed like crazy and looked away, No, Y/n stop he kidnapped you! But I mean it was just cause he was lonely... I know how it feels to be alone and heart broken.

I started to feel sick as I sat there next to him, she stabbed him in the chest, she tried to kill him just because she didn't want a break up, I was going to do the same, no! I can't be like her, I'm an awful person.
I began to shake more as I glanced over and saw Marks scar on his chest, "Hey are you okay? You don't look so good" Mark said worried, "I think I'm gonna be sick" I chocked out, Marks eyes widened and he rubbed my back soothingly, "Try and calm down baby" He said calmly, I pulled off Marks flannel and handed it back to him, "Put it on" I commanded, "What? No you're cold!" He protested, "Please" I begged, He gave me a strange look but put it back on and buttoned it up.

I couldn't bare to look at him, I don't want to be like her, I got up and walked away, "Y/n?" He asked concerned, "Mark, I'm sorry" I cried, "You're sorry? Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything" He said shocked, "I was gonna stab you though, I'm like her aren't I?" , "No! Not at all, Y/n you didn't do it and to be honest... I did try and hurt you a lot at the beginning of all this and I would've done the same" He sat down next to me on the floor, "Does this mean you don't hate me?" He asked in a hopeful tone, "Mark I don't know anymore, I want to say no but I do cause you kidnapped me and I don't cause I want to be near you but I just wanna go home and you're so sweet but-but I don't know, I feel confused!" I rambled and buried my face into my hands, "I don't blame you" He said putting an arm around me, I leaned into him and cried softly into his flannel.

"Am I even helpful? Is this comforting and helping you at all?" He asked sadly, still holding me tightly as I held onto his shirt, "Yeah, shockingly it's nice to be in your arms right now" I replied, "Good, I love you Y/n, I know you don't like me but I love you and that won't change" He said softly, kissing my head, "I need you to do something for me though" He said.

~Kawaii Unicorn