Chapter Four

--Previoulsy: he put his finger on the trigger, squeezing my eyes shut.
*Bang* --

I heard a loud gunshot but I didn't feel pain, "GET AWAY FROM HER NOW!" I hear an all to familiar voice boom, I opened my eyes to see Matt and Ryan pointing guns at him, "It's two against one Mark give up" Ryan said, "Give up? Give up! You just tried to shoot her for no reason, you're lucky that I don't blow your head off right now!" He scowled, "But no, that'd be to easy, if she wasn't here I'd torture you until you were begging on your knees for death" Mark spat, he grabbed the hilt of his knife and stabbed Matt in the side, quickly pulling back his knife, Matt screamed in pain and Mark kicked him in the stomach, "Get out of here before I beat the shit out of you both" He said quietly, they ran up the stairs and Mark followed, I heard a door slam and saw Mark run back down to the basement.

I was a sobbing mess as he shut and locked the door, he untied me and pulled me into a hug, surprisingly I hugged back, I still hated him but he did just save my life, "I never thought I'd say this but I'm glad to see you here" I cried, I felt his grip tighten, "So you don't hate me?" He sounded happy as he asked, "No I still hate you, but I'm terrified and need something to cling to so you're my only option sadly" I replied crying hard, I heard a sigh but he still savored the moment, "I told you I would protect you" He said, "If it wasn't for you kidnapping me you wouldn't need to protect me!" Realization hit me and I pulled away roughly.

Mark never responded to me, it's been an hour and he hasn't spoken a word, the only thing I hear is the occasional sigh, I don't feel bad for him but he did only mean the best, I fiddled with a small necklace that I had around my neck, I kept it tucked in my shirt at all times: A small silver locket with a picture of Tyler and I making peace sings and sticking our tongues out was placed inside it, it was a gift he had given me for my birthday two years ago.
"What is that?" Mark asked watching me, "It's a locket" I replied vaguely clicking it shut again, Mark marched over and clicked it open looking at the picture.

"No" He said simply ripping it off my neck, "Mark please, it's not what you think, he's taken care of me since I was sixteen, he's like my brother please let me keep it" I begged, tears forming as I remembered why he took me in, Mark looked down at the locket and clicked it shut, he gently slipped it around my neck and clasped it back together, "Sorry, I forgot that happened" He said softly, putting a hand on my shoulder, I nodded and twisted the locket around my fingers, I tucked it back into my shirt, "It's alright, what's done is done, besides I had Tyler there with me" I sighed, "Yeah but at sixteen it had to be tough" He said quietly, I looked down and locked my gaze on the floor.
"You need to eat" He said standing up from his crouched position, "Wait!" I called out, "Hmm?" He looked puzzled, "I found this pocket watch and it's got something weird engraved on it..." I said shyly, he grabbed the pocket watch and examined it "Thanks" He said walking up the stairs and entering his home.

After about forty minutes Mark walked back in with two pizza boxes in his hand, the smell hit me and my stomach growled, "Someone's hungry" He teased, I nodded and he sat on the floor placing the boxes down, I got down and sat across from him taking some pizza, "For a kidnapper you're being really calm right now and acting like I'm just a normal person" I said feeling suspicious, "Even though you're kidnapped you should still be taken care of and have some freedom, it's not comfortable to be tied to a chair all the time, only sometimes" He shrugged taking a bite of pizza, "So this is it then..." I said feeling sick all of a sudden, "What?" He asked.

I didn't want to answer, I threw my pizza crust in the lid of the box, walking over and laying one the bed turned to the wall, I heard Mark finish his pizza and come up behind me, "Y/n, talk to me" He said, "Go away" I cried softly into a pillow, Mark laid down behind me and curled up around me, "If you're trying to comfort me it isn't working" I said, my voice being muffled by the pillow, "Then talk about it" He replied refusing to let me go, "No!" I responded, "Pleeeeeeaaaassseeee?" He dramatically begged, making his voice go a bit higher then usual.

I flipped around and pushed him back, earning a smile, "Dominant" He teased, getting close to my ear, "But we both know that when I comes down to it I'd be the dominant one to make you scream" He whispered in my ear, "Good to know you're a serial killer too" I smirked while standing up, "We both know that's not what I meant" He said getting close behind me, I ignored him until he grabbed my butt, I turned around to see a devious grin on his face and I slapped him hard across the face, "Ow" He complained, "That's for grabbing my butt" I said, I slapped him again, "That's for kidnapping me!" I half yelled, I raised my hand and he grabbed it, "Feisty" He smirked, "I like it" He licked his lips seductively and came closer, I backed away nervously until I was flat against a wall.

"Nowhere to run babe" He growled into my ear, "These walls are sound proofed you know" He smirked.

~Kawaii Unicorn