Chapter Two

-- previously; "Oh really? And what are you gonna do?" I bravely asked, this was a mistake. --

I watched as Mark pulled out a knife and sliced my cheek in one quick motion, I whimpered and he looked over me, his expression becoming soft again.

I brought a hand up to my cheek and examined the blood that ran down my fingertips, "Y-you cut me... I thought you said you wouldn't hurt me" I whispered in shock, "I know" He sighed still pinning me to the door, I let more tears slip down my face as the pain set in, I held my hand over it and cried harder, "I- Y/n... Don't cry" He said softly attempting to move my hand, I kept it firmly on my face, "Please Y/n, calm down, let me see" He said calmly, "No" I cried trying to get away from him, his grip got tighter and he let out an annoyed sigh, "Why are you so stubborn all the time?" He asked, "You should know stalker!" I snapped finally pushing him off me, I ran for the table and grabbed a knife, "Y/n" He said calmly, "I wouldn't do that if I were you" He warned, coming closer to me, "Stay back!" I yelled pointing the knife at him, "Alright, alright" He said causally, putting his hands up in defeat, why was he so calm?

I stared at him in shock as he kept staring at me, "Why a-" I started but stopped as Mark threw his knife, knocking mine onto the floor, I began to panic, I breathed heavily worried of what he would do to me now, I broke down onto the floor becoming a sobbing mess, I just sat there crying loudly not caring that Mark was watching, I felt warmth as I was lifted up to Marks chest, I was carried bridal style, sitting on the bed with me in his lap, "Shh" He said softly stroking my hair.

"W-why are you doing this to m-me?" I sobbed hard, "Y/n if you would just cooperate-" I cut him off, "Cooperate? You cut me and threw a knife at me!" I cried out, "No I threw the knife at your knife, not at you" He replied simply, "And what if you missed and hit me?" I asked as he lightly rocked me back in fourth, "Then I would apologize and fix it" He replied, I could hear his sadness in his voice, I continued to cry as he just rocked me, "C'mon let's go to bed sweetie" He said softly.

I tried to get up but he pulled me back down into his lap, "Oh? And where are you going young lady?" He asked holding me firmly to him, "T-to bed?" I said quietly, "Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, you think I'm gonna let you sleep alone in that cold chair? Or the cold hard floor?" He asked, I nodded and he rolled his eyes, "Nope! You're sleeping right here with me" He responded, I stared at him and shook my head, "Don't resist me..." He warned, I touched my cheek lightly and whimpered, he nodded his head sadly, "I don't wish to hurt you but if I have to I will" He threatened, I stared at him, paralyzed in fear, "Let me fix that up for you" He said motioning his hand to my cheek, "Okay" I replied softly.

Mark got up and went up the stairs, opening the door and going into his house, I heard a lock click and didn't bother to try the door, I quietly ran to the table and grabbed a switch blade,  I slipped it into my sneaker and sat back on the bed quickly, I watched as he came back in holding a few things, he sat down and looked at me, gently putting a hand under my chin and moving my face, "This may burn a little" He said softly as he brought up a hand with a small pad in it up to my cheek, I winced as he put the cold alcohol covered cloth to my face,
"Shh, it'll feel better in a second, okay?" He assured me softly, I stayed silent as my wound was being cleaned up, he pulled out a bandage, carefully placing it over the cut, "There all better" He smiled kissing my cheek, I pulled away from him and he looked down.

"Here" He said handing me a bottle of water, "You're probably thirsty" He said with a caring look, "Huh, who knew such a heartless bastard could actually try and care" I said snatching the water bottle from his hand, I took a small sip before placing the cap back on and placing the bottle on the floor, "I wish you didn't hate me so much" He sighed, standing and grabbing a pair of handcuffs, I stared at him in fear, "W-what are those for?" I stuttered, "Sleeping, I don't want you to try anything stupid" He responded as he clasped a cuff to my wrist and a cuff to his wrist.

I just stared at the cuffs blankly, I'm going to be forced to sleep with this man aren't I, "I- Y-you..." I had no words, "Look I know you don't want to wear them but it's safer this way" He assured me, getting into bed. He laid against the wall, slipping his arms through mine and wrapping them up to my shoulders, he snuggled his face into me and I could feel him grinning into me, he kept a tight grip on me as he held me close to him, not letting me fall of the edge of the bed, although I'd rather sleep on the floor.

I felt him slowly try to grind against me, oh hell no, I lifted my cuffed wrist and pulled it forward as hard as I could, "Ow! Why'd you do that?" He asked, his wrist red from the metal harshly digging into his skin, "For trying to turn me on Perv" I replied with a frustrated sigh, "Well I couldn't h-" I cut him off, "Don't! We both know you can help it, we both know you're choosing these things, don't play so innocent" I snapped. Silence. I turned to see Mark looking down to the bed with a guilty look, "Yeah, I'm right aren't I!?" I snapped again, "Let's just sleep already" He sighed and wrapped his arms back around me, "I'm sorry for making you hate me" He whispered softly into my shoulder.

After awhile of laying there with Mark holding me tightly his grip started to loosen, soft breathing and very small snores could be heard from behind me, I shifted slowly to get out of his grasp, I looked over him as I sat on my knees, careful not to move the cuffed wrist, I slowly pulled my switch blade from my sneaker which I refused to take off: Can I do this? I can't... I have to. I stared at Mark blankly as I argued with my mind, I raised the knife, I can't do it! I can't kill him! My mind screamed, I began to panic still holding the knife.

I squeezed my eyes shut and brought down the knife. no! What have I done!

~Kawaii Unicorn