Chapter Twenty Four

--Previously: we sat and ate our cake together listening to the soft wind blow through the trees. --

"Tonight has been amazing thank you" I said curling up next to him on the grass as we laid and looked at the stars, Dan and Arin said they'd clean up and let us hang out, "Aren't they just beautiful" He smiled looking over at me, "Yeah I love stars they're so pretty" I smiled turning to look at him, "I wasn't talking about the stars, I was talking about your eyes" He said quietly making me blush,
I laid there next to him thinking about tomorrow, what if something were to go wrong and he didn't save me? What if he couldn't find me? Or I lost Mark?

"Hey is something wrong?" Mark asked sitting up, "No!" I responded way to quickly, Mark jumped a bit in shock and looked at me, "O-oh okay" He said looking away, "Mark I didn't mean it like that" I said placing a hand on his shoulder, "Do you wanna talk about it?" He hesitantly asked wrapping his arms around me and leaning up against a tree.

"What if it doesn't go as planned tomorrow?" I asked looking up at him, "Then I'll beat the shit out of whoever screws it up" He said clenching his fists, "I don't understand any of this" I sighed, "What do you mean?" He asked, "The groups or gangs or guilds whatever you wanna call it" I sighed, "Oh see there are four gangs, Suzy's, Bob's, Your sisters, and then.. Uh... One other.." He shifted awkwardly, "One other?" I asked, "Yeah, I'm not really supposed to talk about that one" He said looking away, "Why not?" I asked, "Did you ever think there was a reason of Tyler hating me? Why he has a night job? Why he goes out so much?" He asked, "Oh my god Tyler's apart of this" I whispered.

"He doesn't hate our gang just me I... I may or may not have accidentally attempted to kill him... Three times.." He said, "How does one accidentally attempt something?" I asked raising an eyebrow, "Well I wanted to make it sound better" He replied, "You didn't do a very good job" I stated with a small laugh, "Why would you try to kill Tyler?" I asked, "He was there when we lost Vernon... He could've stopped it" Mark looked hurt as he spoke, "He could've told them he knew, he just watched" Marks arms and hands got veiny as he got upset, clenching his fists tightly.

"Shh babe calm down" I said softly, his expression got softer as he looked at me, "Did you just call me babe?" He asked with a smile, "Yeah why?" I asked, "You've never done that" He chuckled, "I know" I smiled, he lifted my chin so I was gazing into his eyes. "We should head home and sleep, we've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow" I sighed, "I guess you're right" He said dimly, still gazing lovingly into my eyes.

We walked back together, Mark kept his arm around my waist as we walked through the dark woods, the only light being the full moon, we headed to our room and changed into our pajamas, lying down on the bed, "No matter what happens tomorrow remember that I love you" He said quietly into my ear, "I love you too" I whispered back as I buried my face into his shoulder, "Goodnight my queen" He whispered, "Goodnight" I replied drifting off to sleep in his comforting, protective embrace.

"Why does it have to end? It always has to end" I complained, "Y/n we gotta get up its already nine" Mark said trying to get me up out of bed, "Markimoo no!" I whined as he pulled off the blankets and picked me up, "Let me go back to sleep" I laughed, "No you gotta get dressed" He chuckled placing me on the floor and throwing clothes at me, "But I just want to lay in bed and snuggle all day" I laughed pulling at his shirt, "I want that too but we can't" He sighed crouching down, "Get dressed and I'll make some coffee for you" He kissed my nose and left the room.

I walked out to the kitchen fully dressed and wrapped my arms around Mark, "Hi" I said, resting my face on his back, "You're very clingy this morning" He laughed as he turned around, he looked me over and pulled me close, "Don't be so nervous, I'll call it off if you want" He said calmly realizing why I was so attached all of a sudden.

~Kawaii Unicorn