Chapter 6 - Bloodlust

WARNING: This chapter may be triggering. It contains a scene/memory involving rape and pedophilia. You have been warned.
_____________________________________

Sally froze once that question was asked. Her gaze swiftly averted from Jack's as her expression hardened. Her mouth opened, then closed again. His question was a nightmarish reminder, clawing into her mind like a ravenous animal, hungry for Sally's walls to give in and make her remember. Her body began trembling out of her control and she closed her eyes to force the feeling, the memory, away. No, she couldn't think about it. She couldn't, it was too much. Too much.

Why did this man want to know? Why must he remind her? She didn't know him, nor did he know her. What was the reason behind his questioning?

"She was raped and killed by some guy at the park about two months or so ago."

Sally jumped at the unfamiliar voice, then quickly regained her composure and control of her body. She whirled around to see two yopung men emerge from the trees. They were both about the same height, and they wore similar deep brown hoodies.

One of them wore his hood over his head, so its shadow concealed his facial features. Sally could see the remaining light in the sky reflect from his eyes, making them appear as though they're glowing red. The second one had his hood down, revealimg wavy brown hair that flowed over the white, artless mask he wore.

"How do you know about that?" The blue-masked man asked, straightening up and looking over at them. Sally stared at the two men with narrowed eyes. How do they know about that? Who are they? Why are they here?

"I saw it happen."

Sally couldn't really tell whose voice it belonged to, since neither of their mouths were seen, but the voice seemed to have came from the guy with the hood over his head.

"It should be pretty obvious what happened. I mean, look at her," said the guy with the white mask, pointing at Sally. She, in response, stiffened and slightly raised her knife in defense. The three immediately noticed the action.

"Hey now, we're not here to cause you trouble." The guy in the white mask reassured gently, lifting his hands to show he meant no harm.

"I guess it would make sense," the man in the blue mask murmured under his breath, finally taking notice of Sally's appearance. The way she had trouble walking and keeping balance, the blood running down her legs. The tears, scrapes, and dirt on her nightgown, arms, and legs; obvious signs of struggle. Not to mention the way she reacted to his question. The man pieced it together and assumed that the man in the white mask was correct about the little girl's death.

"It wasn't a nice sight. Trust me when I say I wanted to jump in and stop him, but I was taught to be patient with my prey. But then he jumped into his truck and drove off," the guy with the hood explained, ending his sentence in a disappointed tone. "I think I'm lacking in skill."

"I wasn't there with 'im, so I didn't see what happened," the masked guy standing next to the hooded one said, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "I could've tracked him if I were there."

"What's her name?" The hooded guy asked the man in the blue mask, who then looked down at Sally.

"I don't know yet."

"Her name's Sally."

They looked over to see Jeff striding over to them, twirling the bloody blade in his hand with fresh droplets of blood flying off as he did.

"That was quick," the man in the blue mask murmured, but then spoke up as he looked at the young girl before him. "Sally?"

"That's what the kid told me." Jeff stated, waving his knife around nonchalantly.