Epilogue - For All of Eternity

Millions of voices rushed through Sally's ears, but it's all just sound. Images flickered in and out of her mind, but none of them made sense. It's as if she's experiencing her whole life all over again in fast-forward.
Once it was over, ending where she had left off, she found herself in an empty void, and she herself felt empty.
She'd try and think about those images and voices, but they never came back to her. She had no care for those memories.
She no longer knows Sally Williams. She's just Sally. Nothing more, nothing less. A young girl who was murdered and became immortal. She withholds a bloodlust that only gets stronger. Like a beast that, no matter how much it was fed, is always hungry. Like a thirst that could never be sated.
As she floated through the endless abyss of never-ending time, there's nothing and everything, all at once.
She could feel everything, yet she's completely numb. She can see all, but she's also blind. She could move anywhere as fast as she wants with nothing to stop her, and yet she's paralyzed, isolated, trapped.
There's a sense of longing, but then it faded as fast as it came. Anger, happiness, sadness, pain, hope, it all came and went at the speed of light. She feels empty, yet complete. As if a hole within her is filled with an artificial substance.
Sally has no desire to recognize those emotions, nor to recall what had happened. Right now, she's just flying through galaxies of nothingness, free, and she doesn't want that to change a bit.
And yet, Sally was forced to awaken.
Once she opened her eyes, everything seemed to be somehow different from how it was before, and yet, it's all the same.
She's collapsed on the cold grass beneath her, and she can hear a muffled voice, getting louder, clearer as she became more aware.
"Sally? How are you feeling? Look at me."
Her eyes shifted to the boy kneeling beside her, his eyeless gaze looking down at her. The sky above them is glimmering with stars and his pale face is illuminated by the distant flames of her home.
"You awake?" Ben asked her.
Her head throbbed a bit as she tried to understand the words, but then she realized what he said.
"Yeah," she mumbled her reply, her hand grabbing at her head. She sat up and looked around herself, finding that she's laying in the front yard of the cottage. On the street only a few feet away, a lone, semi-smashed truck sat inhabited. Slender Man is gone, and so is Johnny.
Sally stood and she noticed that she feels different, lighter.
Then she realized that it's because she doesn't feel any more pain.
She looked down at her legs, then took a step forward without feeling any agony at all.
An excitement enveloped her. She can walk! She can run! She can move around without any pain whatsoever!
A smile formed on Sally's face and her hand lifted to the wound on her head. It's still there, but she no longer feels the pain.
It no longer bothers her. It no longer matters.
In fact, nothing seemed to matter to her at all.
Sally knows that should bother her, but instead, she feels ecstatic.
"How...do you feel?" Ben asked hesitantly, studying Sally with a strange look that she can recognize as confusion. He's curious as to why Sally suddenly looks so happy.
She met his gaze. "I feel wonderful."
Ben kept on staring at her, as if he's expecting something; he's cautious about her.
But she ignored him, gazing up at the smokey sky. She wants to fly through that sky, to let this new freedom rush through her, to envelope her and take control of her.
"Define wonderful," Ben spoke up after a quiet moment and Sally met his gaze again. He's surprised to see that new look from her gaze. He's so used to seeing her innocent and lost expression, but now, this new change in her makes him feel slightly uncomfortable.
"I'm free," she whispered in awe, as if the words themselves are majestic, magical. She's like a child who had witnessed something beautiful.
"Free? Free of what?"
"Everything," Sally replied.
Ben tilted his head at her, but then she turned and faced the burning town. The fire seemed to have died down some, now that there are less things to burn, but it's still a mountain of flames.
Before, she has thought of the flames as intimidating and deadly. Now she sees them as beautiful, something to be inspired by.
Then she began wondering. What should she do now? What is her next goal?
Johnny is dead, or at least she hopes he is. She's lost her humanity, and if there really is a way to keep it, it's too late now. Besides, why was it so troubling for Sally to accept losing her humanity before? This is amazing! No worries, no pain, no regrets. Who wouldn't want to feel this kind of freedom? She's no longer trapped in the bonds of memories, emotions, civilization, and humanity.
Sally closed her eyes as she embraced this feeling, this joy she hasn't felt in forever. Now she gets to spend for all of eternity with it.
She thought of Malcolm, but she no longer felt remorse and pain. Now, it's just a nuisance to her. Why does she need to be so upset about it? He was mortal. He would've died anyway.
"Sally," Ben sighed and she turned to face him, opening her eyes.
"What?"
"Why did you do it?"
She blinked. "What do you mean?"
He looked away from her. "Why did you trade away your humanity? Why did you give up fighting for it?"
She stared at him. "What's the point of fighting it? We all know you'll only lose in the end anyway."
Ben gritted his teeth. "At least I have the dignity to try to keep it. I don't plan on giving up so soon. I will fight as long as I can."
"It's not worth the struggle," Sally whispered soothingly, shaking her head softly. "It's amazing, Ben. This feeling...it's something you would want. It'll be easier to just let go."
"Hell no to that," Ben replied sharply.
Sally sighed, but she didn't continue. She knows Ben will have to accept it sooner or later. He does have to live forever, so he'll have plenty of time to figure it out.
"So, what do you plan to do now?" Ben looked at her as he asked his question.
She shrugged. "Honestly, I don't know. Anything, everything."
Ben looked up into the sky. "You know...I've always thought about how the world would end. Now we have front row seats, don't we?"
Sally thought about it, then she giggled with excitement. "Yeah, we do. We get to watch the world end."
"What do we do after that, though?" Ben looked at her again. "Will we just...float through space? Explore other galaxies and travel the universe?"
"I don't know, but it sounds fun."
"Fun?" He raised an eyebrow at her. "No matter how interesting it sounds, I don't think it'll be very entertaining once the time comes. Can you imagine how boring it'll be?"
Sally giggled again. "Then I guess we should have as much fun here as we can while we can."
After a silent second, Ben smirked, but it seemed forced. "I guess so."
"Let time go with the flow," Sally sang and put her hands behind her back. "That's how the game works."
"What game?"
She met his gaze. "This game. Everything that's happening, it's all part of the game."
"Oh," Ben looked a bit perplexed by Sally's logic. "When does this 'game' end?"
"It doesn't."
"What?"
"It goes on forever. It's a game that never ends, and we never stop playing." Sally said, staring out at the distant flames. "A game that lasts for all of eternity."