Chapter 30 - Another Round

Sally glared up into Johnny's eyes as he said those words, and she still struggled against his hold, despite the fact that she's not very successful.
Suddenly, there was a loud BAM and Johnny blinked, his eyebrows furrowing, and then he turned his head to see Liu standing behind him, holding up a chair, which he had bashed against Johnny's head, but of course it had no effect. The chair shattered into pieces from the force that it suffered, and the pieces fell around Johnny and Sally.
Liu's eyes widened when he realized that his attack caused no damage, and then Johnny released Sally to stand up and face Liu. Maria took a step closer to Liu, as if she was ready to protect him from whatever Johnny may be about to do, but she's conflicted; should she protect Liu or should she go to her undead daughter?
Johnny did nothing but smile at Liu with that same emotionless smile. "You're stupid, aren't you?"
Liu regained his composure and dropped the remaining piece of the chair, glaring at Johnny. "You're the stupid one, kidnapping us and thinking I won't kick your ass for it, you undead freak!"
"That's not very nice," Johnny mocked an offended tone, now glancing at Sally. "She's just a little girl."
Sally sneered at Johnny as Liu shook his head.
"I was talking to you, dumbass! Now get outta here and leave us alone!"
Johnny shook his head, clicking his tongue a bit as he did. "You see, I can't do that. I promised a certain someone that I would...well, bring him some treats."
"What the fuck are you-" Liu cut himself off once they all heard a sound echo from the darkness, somewhere in the warehouse. It sounded like something falling and hitting against the floor.
Sally's ears perked up and she quickly stood, looking around in alert. Something's here with them, that much is obvious. The air feels so wrong, and they can feel something's gaze staring at them. Sally can almost feel the hunger and malice from whatever is lurking in that darkness. Then the smell wafted around them. Oh, the smell. It's horrible!
It's as if old, decaying flesh is surrounding them and it gagged them, but Johnny seemed unaffected.
Sally, with her keen and sharp hearing, was able to hear a faint sound of...footsteps? Footsteps accompanied with the clicking of claws, and the pungent smell became stronger as the sounds came closer.
Maria covered her nose and mouth, looking as if she's going to puke. Liu has a disgusted expression, but then their faces fell into shocked and frightened expressions as they paled when a creature came into sight.
It's no creature Sally has ever seen. The moment it stepped into sight, Sally widened her eyes and her breath caught in her throat.
It's completely grotesque, this creature. Its hairless skin is tight on its frail form, and revealed an odd gray color. It has a shriveled appearance, showing off its joints and bones, and its ribs are sticking out. It seemed humanoid, yet it obviously isn't human. It walked on all fours. Its unnaturally long limbs seemed twisted and deformed, and yet it moved swiftly. Its claws are long, sharp, dirty, and slightly bloody, but the blood is old and dry. Its lips are curled into a snarl, revealing its jagged, sharp, yellow teeth. Its bald head hung from a long neck. Then the eyes...or where the eyes should be. Staring at them with an eyeless gaze are two black, empty sockets.
The aberration moved itself closer to the four as they watched it in horror.
"Welcome," Johnny told the thing with his empty smile and gaze. "I see you came just in time."
The creature didn't even look at him, or Sally in fact. It seems to be focusing on Liu and Maria. Pink saliva dripped from its lips and Maria looked as if she was going to scream.
"I brought them for you. I bet you're hungry, huh?" Johnny said, then he turned and motioned his hand towards Maria and Liu. "Well, dinner is served."
The moment those words escaped his lips, the creature's mouth opened ghastly and let out a loud, inhuman shriek that caused Maria to release her scream. Liu jumped into action, grabbing Maria's arm and pulled so that they both stumbled away from the thing, but they're no match for the speed the creature had as it launched itself at the two.
Sally gasped as she realized that they aren't going to get away from this thing. It's hungry, and it's fast. She has to do something. So then, in a speed so fast the world blurred around her, she moved in front of the creature, in its path between it and its 'meal'. It stopped abruptly, only a short foot away from the girl.
Its face is now right in front of hers and she can smell its horrid, rotten breath, and its eyeless gaze glared right into hers, as if questioning why she dares to step in its way.
Sally opened her mouth to speak, and she wanted it to be strong and stern, but now her voice is soft and shaky with shock and fear.
"D-Don't hurt them."
Johnny shook his head, still grinning. "Oh, Sally, that's not how it works. He's been very hungry for a long time, he deserves to have a good meal. Now, will you be so kind as to step out of his way?"
"Wha-What the hell is that thing!?" Liu shouted.
"You don't see it?" Johnny asked. "The similarities. He represents what is within us all. He is the monster of human kind."
"Now you're talking nonsense," Liu said, his eyes not leaving the creature for a second.
Johnny chuckled and motioned his hand towards the creature, "Tell me, stranger. What difference is there between us and him? He consumes flesh, and he enjoys fear, anger, grief, insanity. It's what he is. You cannot tell me that the same isn't within us all. Do you see now? This creature is us, and it's your turn to accept him."
"Accept him by letting him eat us!?" Liu asked incredulously. "Uh, I'll pass."
"You're insane!" Maria shrieked.
Johnny laughed, crossing his arms. "Maybe I am."
Maria grabbed Liu's arm as her gaze shifts from that creature, to Johnny, then back."W-We should get out of here..."
Liu nodded. "Yeah, we really should."
Maria then looked at Sally, speaking in a soft, shaky voice. "C'mom sweetie, we need to-"
"Mommy," Sally interrupted, shaking her head as she continued to stare at the creature before her, continuing to stand in its way. "I can't go with you."
Maria pressed her lips together and shook her head sadly. "But...why?"
"I just can't," Sally said, swallowing hard. "Leave."
"Come on, let's go." Liu said, but Maria shook her head.
"No, I won't leave without my daughter!"
"Just go! You'll die if you stay here!" Sally raised her voice.
"B-But you-!"
"I'll be fine! I'm already dead, it can't get any worse than this. Now go!"
The creature's gaze didn't leave Maria and Liu, and more drool dripped from its curled lips. It growled, then looked at Sally, as if commanding her to step out of its way. It looks like the kind of creature that would attack anything, but it hesitates when it comes to Sally.
Sally shook her head confidently now that she knows she needs to protect her mother. "No, you will not hurt them!"
Any hesitance the monster had before vanished. It snarled, raising a claw to swipe at her. She caught its wrist before it could touch her, but it's inhumanly strong as she is, so Sally struggled to hold its attack back. The thing stood on both hind legs to claw her with its other hand, and she caught that one, too. It brought its face close to hers, gnawing and chomping in her direction as it leaned itself against her, using its weight as its advantage. Sally pushed back and dodged from side to side, although it got fairly close to biting her...
Her eyes shifted over to Liu and Maria, who stared at Sally in shock.
"Go!" She repeated. "Go home!"
Maria shook her head, but Liu grabbed her arm and pulled her, so then they began to run. As they did, the creature screeched furiously and swung its arms, lifting Sally into the air with an incredible strength and tossed her away from it, and then it ran after Maria and Liu.
"No!" Sally shouted as she was flung away, but then she rammed into a shelf that was carrying empty wooden crates. Her collision caused the shelf to fall apart and the many crates to fall and shatter against the concrete ground.
Maria screamed when she saw that the creature is once again crawling ferociously after them, hungry with bestial instinct. The creature caught up to them in seconds, but the moment it pounced at them, claws and arms outstretched and jaws wide open, the light overhead flickered. A sharp pain hit Liu's and Maria's temples and they winced as they stumbled back.
The creature, Liu, and Maria immediately stilled, and all was silent. The creature didn't continue its attack, and it seemed frozen in place, as every other being in this room was.
Then they all felt it; an ominous presence, one that Sally immediately recognized.
It didn't take long for them to find a tall, abnormally thin figure standing in the center of the light. Its image appears to be unstable and vague as it flickers in and out of their vision, but it's definitely there.
"Johnny Williams," Slender Man's distorted voice rumbled through their heads and Sally's eyes widened, surprised to see him here.
Johnny looked surprised also, as if he didn't expect this. Maria and Liu couldn't look at him, since their heads hurt and their vision wore out when they did.
"You wished for one last meeting with Sally,"mSlender Man continued. "And you told her to come alone. It would be fair of you to do the same."
Johnny tilted his head, looking curious. "That wouldn't be much fun, now would it?"
"If amusement is what you seek, then would you not find that amusement yourself rather than watching another as the protagonist in this battle you started?"
Johnny stared at the legend known as the Slender Man, and he did not gain any headache from the sight of him, and it is the same with Sally.
The creature growled at Slender Man, but it made no further attempt to attack Liu and Maria, nor did it dare to attack the other immortal.
"I made a deal with him, though." Johnny stated, gesturing to the creature.
"You did, but this is not the time to fulfill that promise. You called for Sally's presence and her presence only, and she is here."
Johnny seemed to think for a moment, but then he sighed in defeat and waved his hand absently. "Fine."
The second the word escaped his lips, the light began flickering again, and the moment it turned back on, the Slender Man, the creature, Maria, and Liu were all gone. Just...gone.
Sally blinked and looked around, but no one is here. Just her and Johnny...
"Momm-"
She was cut off and she gasped as Johnny threw himself at her and slammed her against a metal beam and she gasped again at the surprising pain.
Sally blinked and looked up to see Johnny's wide eyes burning with malice as a wicked grin was spread across his lips.
"Let's begin, Sally." He said in a gravelly voice, but before Sally could regain her composure, Johnny grabbed a handful of her hair and lifted her.
She cried out and struggled, kicking and screaming at the sharp pain in her scalp, and the wound on her head didn't help this situation at all.
Now, as he has her in his grasp, he balled his free hand into a fist and began beating her, battering her chest and stomach, causing her to cry out at the pain.
This pain...it's been so long since Sally felt this new pain, so of course it surprised her, and it's almost unbearable with Johnny's strength.
Then the Monster was there within her again, allowing her to transform the pain into strength and suddenly Sally was filled with rage and determination.
She managed to gain control of herself and just before he could continue battering her, she grabbed the wrist of the hand grabbing her hair and she kicked her legs forward, right onto his groin. He gasped and automatically dropped her as he instinctively recoiled.
Sally immediately stood as he was grabbing in pain at the area where she kicked him, and she frantically looked around herself, trying to find something to use as a weapon. Right then, her arm was grabbed and she was suddenly lifted and then thrown onto the floor, and now Johnny is above her, glaring down at her with those dead eyes, dark as night.
Just as he lifted his fist, she jumped up and stumbled away from him, bumping into a large crate, but her eyes quickly glanced over to where a pile of small, metal, hollow poles were. Just as she realized she could use one as a weapon, she darted over to pick one up, then turned to face Johnny.
Sally gritted her teeth as Johnny ran at her in an inhuman speed, but she could easily keep track of him. At the right moment, she shoved the pipe forward and the very next second, it was burying deep into Johnny's thin stomach, then tearing through and is soon sticking out of his back.
He screamed in agony and fell to his knees. Oddly enough, unnaturally dark blood began oozing out of the new wound and Johnny's hands grabbed at the pole.
He coughed and groaned, pulling it out, but as he did, Sally pounced on him, pressing her hands to his throat and squeezing her fingers into his flesh, as if she's trying to rip his neck open.
At this point, Sally had completely lost herself to her rage. She's wild and almost animalistic as she snarled, gripping tightly at the neck of her prey, willing for him to die.
Johnny moved his arms quickly, shoving her off of him and yanking the bloodied pipe out of his stomach, then stood, though he's obviously in pain.
The wound in his stomach wept with dark, thick blood that seemed darker than normal, almost black. It's gooey and old, and it smells putrid and rotten.
The stitches holding together his old wound ripped from the attack and now his flesh hung open, but there are hardly any organs within him, because Sally had torn most of them out the day she killed him.
Sally's vision went hazy and darkened to a reddish color as her bloodlust and fury consumed everything else.
There is nothing but the Monster. That's all that is important, it's all that she is.
Sally was about to charge at Johnny again until the light above them flickered, and then went out completely, leaving them in complete darkness.
Sally blinked, looking around herself. She stood still, doing her best to be utterly silent while trying to locate where Johnny is, but she can't hear him. He's clever...
The darkness is like black paint, rolling around her. Her eyes created all sorts of shapes and colors because her vision isn't adjusted enough to understand what it's seeing. The blackness swirled, swallowing her.
Sally closed her eyes, but that made no difference whatsoever. The silence was terrible, and it was almost difficult to breathe. Sally held her breath- breathing will only make noise anyway- and listened closely for a few moments.
Then, to her far left, there was a slight movement,
Her head snapped towards that direction and she rushed there, only to run into what felt like stacked crates, which fell. The sounds of them crashing in the darkness echoed throughout the whole warehouse. The clatter was agonizingly loud. Johnny must know where she is now.
Sally growled and stood, pushing the fallen boxes off of her, and then let her hearing take control again.
She doesn't hear anything else, so where is Johnny?
Just at that thought, another sound made its way throughout the warehouse, the sound of a running motor of something. It has a shrill sound to it, and it was familiar. Sally knows that there's a workshop in here, and she assumed that what Johnny has is a running saw of some sort.
Johnny has a weapon. It screeched from afar, loud and echoing throughout the establishment, making its location known.
Sally faced that direction where the sound is coming from, and began to walk blindly and silently towards it, but within a few seconds, the motor was turned off, so now no sound can be heard.
"Sally..." She can hear Johnny's eerie call from a distance. "Come out and play, Sal."
She didn't respond, she didn't speak, she just continued walking towards where she can hear his voice. There's a soft padding sound of her bare feet walking along the concrete floor, and her breathing was shallow.
"I can hear your footsteps," Johnny spoke in a hushed voice, and he sounded closer.
Sally tensed up and stopped walking completely. By now, her eyes have adjusted to the darkness, so she can just barely see her surroundings.
She's in an aisle of shelves filled with tools and boxes, isles upon aisles of them. A maze in the dark.
"Where are you, Sally?" Johnny called out, and yet he seemed to be ever closer to her. He must be toying with her now; of course he knows where she is, despite how dark and silent it is in here.
Sally clenched her fists, continuing to keep as silent as she could, just waiting for him to get close enough so she can attack. She just needs to be patient.
It was silent for the longest of minutes, and she held her breath to hear the next sound, but none came. She didn't dare to move, or call out, although a part of her desperately wanted to. Her senses screaming at her for something that can break this stifling atmosphere.
But just then, Johnny's voice spoke from right behind her. She shuddered at the feel of his cold breath as it swiftly brushed over the back of her neck.
"There you are, Sal."
Sally swirled around to face him only to hear the loud screech of the running saw. The next thing she knew, that saw was shoved into her stomach, right beneath her ribcage, and it began slicing.
The sharp teeth of the tool rapidly cut and tore into Sally's skin, flesh, bone. The pain is oppressively agonizing and she couldn't even scream, she couldn't breathe. She can feel the saw slicing deeper and deeper into her body as it cut into her, and she can feel the wet, thick liquid of her blood pouring out and splatting on her face, arms, everywhere. She couldn't focus on anything else. She's never felt this before, and she wanted it to stop stop stop!
Johnny had a psychotic smile on his face. His eyes are wide and have a crazed look in them as he then yanked the saw to the side, cutting through Sally's waist and almost cutting her in half.
She collapsed to the newly wet floor, blood pouring from her mouth and nose as she fell completely limp, but not yet unconscious.
Sally can't stand this pain! It's gotten to the point where she wishes she would just die already so it would be over. She silently begged and prayed that she'd just die, but her prayers were never answered. Of course they weren't.
Her vision went gray around the edges, blotting out the darkness, and she felt herself slipping away. For a moment, she was hopeful. But then she remembered; she can't die. She's not dying, she's merely slipping into unconsciousness.
That remorseless thought brought bloody tears to her eyes, and then she heard the whisper of Johnny from above her.
"Looks like I win this game, Sal."
Once those words reached her ears, Sally's eyes drifted shut as her body went numb, and her world faded into nothingness.

--                                                                        

"Shit, we're surrounded!" Masky hissed as he noticed more police cars at the other end of the road they're running along.
Hoodie shifted Jeff's weight on his back so Jeff wouldn't slip off. The killer hasn't awakened, but he's still breathing and still bleeding.
"I'm not," Ben said in a smug tone as he strutted over to a streetlight pole.
"Ben, you asshole! Don't just leave us here!" Hoodie nearly pleaded, but Ben smirked at them as he held his hand out to the power cord on the pole.
"Later," Ben chirped, and then he was gone.
"Dammit!" Masky muttered, now he faced Eyeless Jack. "Where do we go?"
Eyeless Jack pointed in a direction as the cops had started exiting their cars. "There, follow me and I'll show you a trick I use to escape situations like this."
"Let's go!" Hoodie ordered as the three began running again. Jack made a sharp turn and they turned also, but it was harder for Hoodie since he has to carry Jeff.
Next thing they knew, bullets began flying past them and Masky slowed slightly to run behind Hoodie, keeping him and Jeff covered.
Jack made another turn into a long alley, and so Hoodie and Masky followed.
They made it to the dead end, but before Masky could freak out, Jack ran to their right and grabbed ahold of a rusty ladder, leading to the top of the building, and began climbing.
"That's convenient," Hoodie muttered, but then he went over and tried to climb too, but he had to be sure Jeff doesn't fall off along the way.
Masky started climbing the second Hoodie did, and then looked up to see Jack climbing with skill and speed as they're slow and steady.
"Fuck..." Hoodie cursed under his breath when he felt Jeff gradually slide from his place on Hoodie's back and Hoodie had to shift again to make sure a Jeff doesn't fall. He's not sure if Jeff could survive another impact.
"Hood, hurry!" Masky called and Hoodie looked over to see the cops running into the alleyway after them.
Hoodie began climbing faster, but again, bullets flew at them and they heard the voices of the policemen shouting at them, but they chose not to listen. They were lucky enough that none of the bullets hit any of them this time.
Hoodie finally made it to the top and Jack grabbed his arm to pull him up, and then pulled Masky up. They had no time to rest as Jack began running again, and so they began running, too.
"I-I don't know if I can run much longer," Hoodie panted as he noticed he's lagging behind Jack and Masky.
"C'mon, man, you can do this." Masky encouraged, though he sounded rather breathless himself. He and Hoodie were obviously not prepared for this much running.
Then they heard Jeff groan.
"Jeff? You awake?" Masky asked, not even glancing at Jeff as they dashed across the roof of the building.
Jeff didn't respond, mainly because he couldn't. The pain is coming to him, pulsating from his crushed abdomen, and once it began reaching its full capacity of agony, Jeff wished that he was still unconscious.
He knew that his shoulder is dislocated, and his waist feels as if it's shattered. He can't move his legs at all, he could hardly feel anything from them. That caused the warning bells to ring in the back of his mind.
His whole body must be broken and most likely has some major internal bleeding. A trail of blood dripped from his head, over his forehead and down to his chin, so his head must be wounded, too. 
Jeff's situation gradually sank in, and he's slowly remembering what had happened and how it came to this. Hoodie is carrying him on his back, and they're on a roof, now slowing to a stop.
"Where...Where to now...?" Hoodie breathed, catching his breath. The sunlight beat down on them, and they were sweaty and breathless. The fact that they're wearing hoodies didn't really help, either.
Masky looked up to look at Eyeless Jack, only to see that he is no longer there.
"Huh? Jack?" Masky called as he looked around, but Jack is nowhere in sight. Did they lose him?
Hoodie sighed as he carefully set Jeff down, and then collapsed onto the roof floor himself.
Masky took a few deep breaths to settle his heartbeat from their long run and he looked out to the horizon that's decorated with skyscrapers that pierced the skies.
"How do you think Sally's doin'?" Masky asked absentmindedly and Hoodie shrugged, letting his head fall back as he stared up into the sky above him.
"I dunno. I hope she's alright."

__________________________________________
The song that came with this chapter is Words As Weapons by Seether.