Chapter 11 - Patience

Sally fell into unconsciousness and the ominous tendril lifted her. The others watched in silence, but before Slender Man left, he reached into Ben's head to grab the needed information of the location.
Ben flinched at the slight but sudden invisible pressure and stared with an annoyed expression at Slender Man, but he didn't say anything as the bizarre figure vanished, taking Sally with him.
Ben sighed and muttered to himself under his breath.
Jeff turned around wordlessly and began walking to his back door.
"You guys wanna play some video games?" Ben asked, crossing his arms. "I'm bored and it's been a while."
Jeff turned to look at him. "Dumbass, you know I don't have games here, much less a game console."
Ben's smirk became mischievous.
"Then we can just borrow some from the neighbors."

--

It wasn't long until Sally's eyes fluttered open. Her vision is blurry, but she blinked it away.
She pushed herself in a sitting positing and attempted to look around, but the trees seemed to spin around her. She managed to ignore it and stood up. She examines the area around her for her knife and immediately found it next to her, so she picked it up.
Not far from her, just outside of the small group of trees she's in, is a single house. The sky overhead is covered with gray clouds. The smell of rain is in the air. It may rain soon.
Sally takes in the unfamiliar environment around her, wondering what happened and where she's at, but then she remembered. A strange creature called Slender Man is helping her to seek her revenge. Did he take her where she needed to go? Is this the place?
As if her thoughts summoned him, she saw him standing a few yards away, almost hidden within the trees, watching her. She stares back, but soon he lifted his long arm and pointed towards the small, two-story white house.
"This is the place you seek. Here, you can satisfy your hunger for vengeance and justice."
Sally looked towards the house again. That's her uncle's new home?
Then she realized...she can have her revenge. Johnny lives there. There, she can bring her killer pain and fear, the things she longs to see from his eyes.
Rage spilled through her again and her hand clenched around her knife, and then, despite her earlier uncertainty, she began to walk towards the house.
Sally made it to the closest window and she stood on her tip-toes so she can peek in.
It looks like an ordinary kitchen and there happens to be no one in it at the moment.
Sally hopped down and began making her way around to find a way into the house, but then something sitting on the ground that she's sure wasn't there before caught her eye.
It's a teddy bear, one with fluffy brown fur and shiny blue eyes. It happens to be facing her direction and it feels as if it's looking right at her.
Sally felt immediately that it's no ordinary teddy bear; the way its eyes are fixed on hers, and the alluring presence it has.
It reminded her of Slender Man a bit, and she walked over to it, the soft grass brushing against her ankles, and then she knelt down in front of the bear.
It just stared at her, sitting completely still, observing in silence.
But the odd bear's presence isn't threatening, it's a comforting one. It's as if it was silently telling her she isn't alone in this.
Sally smiled sadly and reached her hand out towards the bear, then picked it up. She hugs it tightly to her with one arm, soaking in the stuffed bear's reassurance, then she stood up and faced the house, the one sheltering her killer.
Sally thought about how exactly she will end his life. A way that's satisfying, of course. She remembered Ben's suggestion. After all, Uncle Johnny deserves to die a slow, painful death, like Sally had.
She heard the rumble of thunder in the distance and she turns her head to see more, darker clouds not too far away, floating this direction. A breeze brushes through the trees and swiftly whirls around Sally, lifting her tangled hair and slightly soothing the flutter of anxiety that she's beginning to feel. There's going to be a storm raging soon, and maybe it will come to Sally's advantage. Before she kills Johnny, she'd like to bring some fear.
Sally squeezed the bear again and clenched onto the knife tighter, then went around the house until she found the front door.
The curtains within the most of the windows are closed, so Sally doesn't have to worry too much about being seen.
She walks up the porch, setting both the teddy bear and the knife in one arm as she used her free hand to reach up and grab the doorknob, but it's locked.
Sally thought of knocking, but as she raised her hand to the door, she was hesitant with fear again.
Is she really ready to do this? Does she truly want to do this?
She shook herself. Yes, of course she is. She can't run away from this.
Now she's thinking about finding a window she can open and climb in when her eyes landed on the doorbell button.
A plan formed in her head as she glanced at the big pot plant sitting next to the door, then she looked back at the doorbell.
She reached up, her hand tremulous as it reached for the button. She can't let herself be so nervous and afraid. She has to do this.
Because she hates him more than she's afraid of him.
Her anger filtered her courage and she pressed the button. She heard a ringing sound from inside, then she quickly crouched behind the plant, making sure the plant hides her form, and waited.
After a few seconds, Sally heard footsteps, and she held her breath. The doorknob clicked, and the door opened.
"Hello?"
The voice of her uncle sent chills down her spine and the images, the sounds, the pain, it all came back to her in a flash, tearing into her mind. A wicked reminder of an old nightmare.
She shut her eyes tightly and covered her ears, but she couldn't keep the memory out.
Stop it!
"Anyone there?"
Johnny Williams, Sally's murderer, stood in the doorway, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Someone had rang his doorbell, but no one is outside the door. Is this a prank?
After a moment, he exhaled heavily and closed the door.
Sally whimpered softly, bloody tears dripping down her cheeks. She remembered those rough hands on her, all over her...holding her down, restricting her, covering her mouth. She remembers how hard it was for her to breathe, and the ripping agony she felt-
No! Stop! Please...
She swallowed hard and sat there for a few moments, trying desperately to regain control of herself.
"It's okay...it's okay...h-he can't hurt me anymore," Sally whispered to herself, but not exactly convincing herself as she clenched onto the newly found teddy bear with trembling arms, engulfing more of its comfort. "I'm okay..."
After what only must have been a few minutes, she managed to calm down enough to take deep breathes and quickly wiped away the crimson dripping down her cheeks. Then she remembered what she has to do, what she wants to do.
She will make Johnny pay for what he did. Then she will no longer have to be afraid, she'll no longer have to feel like this.
Sally sits there for a few moments longer before standing up and reaching for the doorbell again, then quickly pressed it.
She once more crouched down behind the plant and waited for her uncle to answer it.
The door opened once more and Johnny's strident voice spoke out.
"Alright, who's there?"
He spoke with an annoyed and even exhausted tone. This time, he stepped out and walked towards the front of his porch, now within Sally's sight.
Her eyes widened when she saw him. Her rapist, her murderer, is standing just a few feet away now.
She could kill him that very moment, right then and there, and she desperately wanted to. The anger rapidly replaced her fear now as she glares at him. No, she has to be patient or her game won't be as fun. She wants this to be satisfying. She wants to scare him.
Sally quickly stood, now realizing the teddy bear is no longer in her grasp. Did she drop it? She doesn't remember it ever leaving her grip.
Her eyes darted around, but it's not in sight. She doesn't have the time to look for it now, she needs to act before she's seen.
She steps around the plant, only a few mere feet behind her uncle, and then dashed through the front door and into the house, all without making a sound.
Her head turned from side to side, quickly searching for a place to hide. She saw a small table against a distant wall and quickly ran for it, then slid under it, hoping the dark tablecloth would hide her.
Sally heard Johnny sigh heavily and the thudding of his footsteps walk into the house. She heard the front door closing and the lock clicking into place.
She clenches her knife tightly as his footsteps walked closer and closer to her hiding place, but then walked right past her. Good, he didn't see her come in.
Biting her lip, she peeks out from under the tablecloth a bit to see his legs carry him into another room. She lifts the cloth a bit more to get a better look at the place.
It's not a big area. Sally can see a small hallway ahead of her and a staircase towards the second floor just next to it. The front door is to her left. The doorway Johnny went into must be towards the living room. She doesn't hear anyone else, so she isn't sure if anyone else lives here.
There are a few unpacked boxes here and there, so he must not be finished unpacking from his move.
Sally doesn't know what time of day it is; she can't see a clock anywhere, but if she wants her game to work out well, she will wait until later this evening, when it's darker.
She curls up under the table, eyeing the blood-crusted knife in her hand. If she listens closely, she can hear the sounds of a television and his calm breathing from the next room.
Now, she just needs to be patient.