Chapter 28 - No Mercy

"Who the hell are you?" Masky demanded, noticing Sally's horrified and aghast expression and extreme discomfort.
"Uncle Johnny..." Sally whispered in shock. How is this possible?
It was very silent after that.
Johnny chuckled, his dark eyes staring into the camera and sent shivers down Sally's spine. "Guess you're pretty surprised to see me, aren't you?"
"Y-You...You're dead," Sally blurted, shaking her head as she took a step away. Is this really happening?
He grinned, but his brown eyes are cold. "You see, I was. But now I'm not. I'm back, but technically, I'm still dead."
"Holy shit, the bastard's immortal!" Hoodie exclaimed, sounding shocked and furious at the same time.
Eyeless Jack looked over at the screen once he heard that, confused as to who Hoodie is referring to and then stared in shock when he just remembered who exactly Johnny is.
The man who murdered Sally, the one she had killed in return, is now talking to them through this laptop. There's no doubt that Johnny had came back from the dead.
"Looks like you've made quite a few friends, Sal." Johnny commented, still smiling with no emotion. "I'm so, so proud of you."
Sally swallowed hard, her voice is shaky when's he spoke. "What..."
"I've missed you, Sally, and I thought I should drop by, only to realize you weren't there." He sneered, his fake smile fading. "Instead, I find someone else. Two people, in fact."
Johnny grabbed the camera and moved it so now they all can see both two familiar people, unconscious and bounded to chairs by duct tape. Those two people were Maria and Liu.
Sally gasped and her eyes widened further. No, this can't be happening.
Next to Sally, Jeff tensed up.
"Don't you want to see them again?" Johnny asked, now moving the camera to face him, and he looked directly into it. "Find me, and don't bring those friends of yours. I want to play with you alone. It wouldn't be fair if you brought your friends, now would it?"
"You mother fucker!" Jeff growled through his teeth.
"Well, will you look at that? Jeff the Killer, the most wanted killer in the US." Johnny said in a mocking tone, but he did looked surprised and amused. "I didn't expect to be surprised, and yet there you are, next to my niece. Didn't see that coming, now did I?"
"Let them go," Sally commanded, but this time, her voice isn't shaky and soft, it's stern and powerful. It doesn't matter how Johnny is back, she can worry about that later. Right now, he's blackmailing her, and there's no way she's going to let him hurt her mother.
Johnny smiled sinisterly, shaking his head. "Sally, Sally. You should know by now that it's not that easy. You see, I'm not finished playing our game. We need to break the tie."
"Now, listen up, fucker. You better not lay a fucking hand on her or those people or-"
Johnny interrupted Ben, shaking his finger. "Ah ah ah. This isn't your fight, little bastard," he spat. "This is between Sally and I, and if she decides not to come, then say bye-bye to Mommy and her little friend."
Jeff suddenly picked up the laptop and, in a bout of rage, threw it against the wall with a shout, and it shattered into pieces.
"Dude! What the hell!?" Masky yelled, standing up. "We could have gotten information from him!"
"What information!?" Jeff shouted, turning to glare at Masky. "He already told us that he had the bitch and Liu in his grasp!"
"He could have mentioned where he was keeping them captive," Jack informed with a sigh. Jeff didn't respond to that.
Sally, however, stared at the floor where the laptop had sat.
What can she do? How will she find Johnny?
How is he still here? Why is he here? What is his plan?
"He...has Mommy..." Sally whispered, shaking her head in disbelief. "But...I killed him. I killed him!"
"Well, he's fucking back now." Jeff muttered, pacing around the living room. Of course he's pissed. Johnny has Liu, and not only that, he threatened to kill him!
The only hands Liu is allowed to die in is Jeff's!
"Great, you idiot. I could have used that to get to him," Ben muttered, motioning his hand to the broken laptop, glaring at Jeff, who completely ignored him.
"And he wants Sally alone?" Masky snorted. "Fuck that."
"Yeah! Like hell I'll leave her alone with him!" Hoodie exclaimed, sounding strangely like a protective older brother.
"Sally, he's immortal now." Eyeless Jack cautioned, looking at Sally. "You need to be careful when you find him. He can hurt you now."
"You know what, we should come along anyways." Ben said, standing up. "What's the worst he could do?"
"He could kill Mommy and Liu..." Sally whispered.
"We won't let that happen," Masky said gently, rubbing Sally's back in order to reassure her, although it didn't seem to help.
"But...wh-what if he..." Sally's shaky voice trailed off and her eyes filled with scarlet tears. The thought of Johnny hurting her mother...
"Dammit, don't cry!" Jeff demanded, now pausing in his pacing to look at her. "There's one thing you need to learn, and that is to never show weakness."
Sally nodded and took a deep breath, blinking back her bloody tears. He's right, crying isn't going to help her.
"Never allow yourself to feel pain, don't feel anything that would make you seem weak to the enemy. One slight cringe would give them satisfaction," Jeff continued to lecture Sally, now meeting her gaze. "Don't give the enemy satisfaction, never reveal defeat. Doesn't matter what the fuck he threatens to do, do not let him know that he's your weakness."
Sally nodded again, taking in the information. Don't cry, don't show weakness, and never give the enemy satisfaction.
"You know what, don't even give a shit that he has them!" Jeff exclaimed and now Sally looked up at him in shock.
"Huh?"
"If you prove that you don't care about them, then he won't think that he has you pinned," Jeff informed. "If he thinks that your mother doesn't matter to you-"
"But I do care about her!" Sally argued, staring up at him with disapproval.
"Caring for her is walking straight into his grasp," Jeff muttered, shaking his head. "Don't show him weakness! Letting him know you care for her is showing weakness! He's using her against you! That's what he wants. That gives him satisfaction. Caring makes you weak!"
"That's not true!" Sally rebuked, but Jeff shook his head again.
"She's going to die anyway," he growled to Sally, poking her roughly on her shoulder. "He'll kill her either fucking way and you know it."
"He won't!" Sally shouted, clenching her fists stubbornly.
"He will! You heard what he said!"
"I won't let him!"
"Well, how the hell do you think we would find him? Huh!? He'll probably kill her when he gets impatient, if he hasn't already!"
"He can't! He-"
"Open your fucking eyes, Sally!" Jeff bellowed, quickly stepping forward and causing Sally to jump in surprise at his sudden, threatening action and vocalization. "From the looks of it, he doesn't give a shit about her life! He'll kill her just to make you angry, and that's just what he would want! She's going to die, and you need to deal with it!"
Sally shook her head, breathing heavily to fight against the feeling of wanting to cry. "No! I won't deal with it!"
Jeff roughly grabbed Sally's shoulders and she gasped.
"Jeff, stop." Eyeless Jack said, a warning in his tone.
"Shut it, Jack." Jeff growled, his gaze not leaving Sally's. "There's shit this kid needs to understand."
Sally squeezed her eyes shut, chanting in her mind to get away! Get out of here!
She feels like she's going to explode and she needs to get away. She frantically imagined herself somewhere safe, somewhere where she can think, somewhere away from Jeff and the truth.
"Don't you dare walk out on this, you little brat!" Jeff shouted, squeezing her shoulders even tighter, but too late. She vanished.
Jeff gritted his teeth and straightened up, then went back to pacing around the room.
"Was all that really necessary?" Hoodie questioned, crossing his arms.
"Of course it was!" Jeff clarified, turning to face him. "She needs to learn that there are-"
"She doesn't need to learn anything right now." Masky said, shaking his head.
Jeff glared at him. "She will have to sooner or later."
With that, Jeff walked out of the house, and it was silent for a bit.
Ben shrugged. "He's probably just pissed off 'cause Johnny's gonna kill his brother."
Jack sighed, leaning against a wall. "Well, looks we need a plan."