Chapter 10 - The Hunt

Ben sat in front of the computer and the continuous tapping of him rapidly typing seemed to be the only sound in the room.
He typed quickly and professionally, knowing exactly what to do to get past any block, virus protection, and firewall. His fingers moved at an impressive speed, hacking and organizing, and his eyeless gaze is glued to the computer screen.
"What's the number for the license plate?" He asked, now pausing in his typing to look at Hoodie.
Hoodie told him a combination of random letters and numbers that Sally didn't really care to listen to. Ben typed it in, then he began to scroll down the new page that popped up. Meanwhile, Sally looks around at the others, taking notice of what they're doing.
Jeff sighed loudly, looking extremely bored as he kept twirling his knife over and over again with an unamused expression.
Masky just made himself comfortable on the living room couch, stretching out with his legs kicking off and his hands behind his head.
Eyeless Jack knelt down beside the body of Anna's father, then turned him over so the man lay on his back. He lifts the old green t-shirt and brought out a small knife, much like a scalpel, then began making an incision in the stomach.
Sally stared in confusion and shock. What is he doing?
Jack soon noticed her gaze.
"Don't mind me. I'm just...getting a snack." He told her simply, then cut deeper and opened up the stomach. "You probably shouldn't look."
Sally, however, didn't look away. Jack reaches in and grabs ahold one of the organs, cutting it out. By the shape of it, it's a kidney.
Jack stood and turned around so he was facing away from the others as he lifted his mask just above his mouth, then he brought the kidney up to it. He didn't even bother cleaning it off of blood before he took a bite out of it.
Although he is facing away, Sally knew he was eating it and felt appalled and disgusted, and she looked at the others to see their reactions, but they dion't seem to care. Maybe because they've seen Jack do it before.
"Here we go," Ben spoke up, sitting straighter in the chair.
Sally looks over to see Hoodie hovering over Ben's shoulder to examine the computer screen. Sally walks over to get a view of the screen, although she doesn't understand what's on it.
"Did you find the address?" Hoodie asked as his eyes scanned over the words.
Ben shook his head. "Not yet, but I found the vehicle and who exactly it belongs to."
Ben then looked at Sally. "Is his name Johnny Williams?"
Her body tensed and became cold at the name. Her gaze darkened and hardened with rage, averting away as her little fists clenched tightly.
Ben nodded as he noticed her reaction, then looked back at the screen. "Yeah, it's him alright. Now I just need to..."
His voice trailed off as he clicked on a few things, typed some things out, and then abruptly stood up, knocking his chair back.
"Got it!" Ben announced, his hands dropping away from the keyboard. Masky sat up abruptly at the news, now looking over at the computer.
"Now did you find it?" Jeff asked exasperatedly.
"He did!" Hoodie exclaims, looking over Ben's shoulder at the computer.
"Of course I did," Ben claimed smugly as he read the address, but then his blonde eyebrows furrowed, and he looks at Sally again.
"You were killed here, right?"
Sally nodded, then Ben looked at the screen again.
"Then what the hell is he doing all the way in Illinois? This says he lived here only a few months ago."
"Yeah, what's with that?" Hoodie mumbled, reading the screen also.
"Maybe he moved. It shouldn't be much of a shock," Jack implied, tossing the half-eaten kidney to the floor and fixing his mask so it once again covered his face before he turned towards the others. "He didn't want to be found out, so he ran away."
"So, he's in Illinois now?" Masky asked, standing up and walking over to them.
"That's not a problem," Jeff spoke up now. "I know how to get on an airplane without any tickets."
"Duh, it's not that hard," Hoodie said.
"Well, looks like you're going to Illinois," Masky said, looking at Sally. Ben glances at Sally, too.
"Make sure his death is slow and painful," he suggested with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face.
"Sounds good," Hoodie agreed as Masky nodded in approval.
"Sick bastard deserves it," he said.
Sally let their words sink in, and she let her imagination take its toll. She wonders what the look on her uncle's face would be once he sees her. And then the agony, the fear...that will all swirl in his expression and gaze. It's a wonderful feeling she has as she imagines that face.
Eyeless Jack's voice brought her back to focus.
"We have trouble."
Soon, the rest heard it, too. The sound of police sirens in the distance.
"Well," Ben said, shutting off the computer, but not before deleting the history. "We got what we came here for."
Then there was a scratching sound, and the sound of class clicking against the floor.
Sally looks over and blinks in surprise to see that dog, Smile, walking right into the room.
"Where the hell did you come from?" Masky muttered, not really expecting a response, and he didn't get one, either.
Smile trots silently towards the inanimate man, then set its paws onto the puddle of blood forming beneath the body. Then it walked over to the nearest wall, leaving bloody paw prints in its path.
"Let's get outta here," Masky insisted, running towards the back door. Jeff and Jack rushed out soon after. Sally continues to watch as Smile presses its paws against the wall, then began dragging them in certain forms, leaving a trail of blood as they went. Then she realized what it's writing.
SPREAD THE WORD
As Smile dropped to the floor when its masterpiece was finished, its razor-sharp claws leaving marks on the wall. Then it ran out. Hoodie quickly came over to Sally and lifted her into his arms once more.
Again, she jolted in surprise when she was lifted. Her hands squeeze the knife that's still tight in her hold. She's not sure why she still has it with her. She's still somewhat baffled by the horrors she caused with this knife, and a part of her wants it to be as far away from her as possible, but yet, she can't seem to let it go.
And so then the killers left the house just before the cops arrived, leaving the bodies of another family fallen victim in their path.
Let's just say the cops were quite shocked at what they found. The evidence of the deaths were all different, but they all also connected with previous kills in this town.
There's a man with a stab wound and a missing kidney, soon found half-eaten on the floor. There's woman, her throat slit with a smile cut into her face. And a young girl, her chest bloodied from the knife that was forced through her heart.
Not to mention the obvious blood-written words on the wall.
Obvious murders, in fact. Murders made by multiple infamous killers.
The question that will be asked: "Why are these killers all in one area?"
This is going to be quite the surprise for the city, and a hit on the news very soon. It'll probably be popular around the entire country, too. 
As the killers made their way back to Jeff's house, Sally felt a bit surprised to see that Hoodie runs at an impressive speed and he's not even panting for air. Any normal person would be huffing and slowing down by now, but Hoodie seems to keep his pace, and his breathing is skillfully controlled.
Sally also thought it's confusing that, even so close to him, she still can't see his face. No matter how the light hit him, his face is always a mystery under that hood which left a dark shadow to conceal his identity. The only thing noticeable through the shade is the crimson shine in his eyes.
They soon met up again in the backyard of Jeff's house, and Hoodie set Sally down gently.
"Alright, so we know where Johnny lives," Ben said, motioning his hand towards Sally. "Now all you need is a way to get there and then you can satisfy your vengeance."
Masky looked at Sally. "Do you want to kill him as soon as possible, or do you wanna wait?"
Sally's hands clenched tightly at the thought of hurting her uncle. She desperately wishes to have his blood on her knife, to feel the blade cutting through his immoral flesh. She wants him gone, out of this world forever. Her threatening expression is enough of an answer.
"With that look, I'm guessing she wants to get him the second she has the chance to." Hoodie observed.
But then it fell silent when they all had that feeling, that feeling of being watched, as if they're not alone in this area. The heavy awareness caused shivers to crawl uncontrollably down their spines, and a strange, dull sound hummed through their heads as a headache formed in their skulls. All except for Ben and Sally.
Eyeless Jack scanned the trees as Jeff sighed.
"Come on out, Slendy! We know you're in there!" He called.
Sally furrows her eyebrows slightly. Who's that? She recognized the name, like she's heard it before. Wasn't it just yesterday when they mentioned it?
She blinks, but as she did, a figure appeared in her line of sight, just within the trees. Her vision blurred, but she blinked it away and squinted her eyes to focus on the figure. Did it just get closer?
It's very tall, impossibly thin with long, slender arms that almost touched the ground. The way its appearance is colored made it look like it is wearing a suit, a tuxedo of sorts. The head is just a white blur as their brains are unable to process it, and the figure is too far away for Sally to get a better view of it.
Her grip tightened around her knife and she tensed up, very uncertain and alarmed by that strange figure, but then she felt a hand on her shoulder and she glanced up to see Masky.
"No need to fight 'im. If he really wanted to hurt us, the damage would have already been done. Besides, he's immortal. You can't do anything if you tried."
Immortal? She may be young, but she knows what that word means, and it sent shivers down her spine. That person, that...creature can live forever, and can't be killed?
Sally stared at Masky with a skeptical gaze and he shrugged.
"We've known 'im for a while. He's trustworthy."
Sally looked back over at the trees to see that the strange figure is much closer now, just standing about a yard away.
She jumped a bit at its sudden closeness, but she only became more shocked and confused at the lack of facial features on its head.
No nose, mouth, ears, or even eyes. No eyes, yet Sally can feel the intense gaze from this inhuman figure, making the air around them feel heavier. However, despite the intimidating form, it doesn't seem threatening, not towards them.
"Good thing you showed up," Hoodie spoke to it. "We actually could your help."
"Sally, meet the Slender Man." Masky introduced, waving his hand towards the creature named Slender Man, a fitting name to go with such a slender figure. "Slendy, here's Sally, though I'm sure you already know that."
Sally kept her eyes locked on the figure, and it feels like it's staring right back. It was very silent for a while.
"Okay!" Masky spoke, his voice swiftly breaking the quiet. "So, how're we gonna get to Illinois?"
Jeff rolled his eyes. "Duh, the answer's right here."
He waved his hand towards Slender Man.
"He can fuckin' teleport. He can teleport others too, remember?"
"Oh yeah! We totally didn't know that." Ben stated sarcastically, glaring over at Jeff.
"Well, since these idiots didn't get the idea, I had to spell it out for them." Jeff sneered.
Then there was a slight pressure in each of their heads as a voice rumbled through their ears. Or voices, if you will. It's as if multiple people- women, men, and children- are speaking in perfect unison. Jeff is the only one who visibly cringed; Sally and Ben don't feel any pain, and Masky and Hoodie are both used to it. If Eyeless Jack was affected by it, he didn't show it.
"What is it do you need me for?"
They all, except for Jeff and Jack, stared at Slender Man, the owner of the voice. Sally felt stunned. The figure has no mouth, but it didn't seem to need it. Somehow, it can communicate its words into their heads. How?
"Well, Sally here wants to kill the fuck- er, the man who killed her," Hoodie explained, setting his hand on Sally's shoulder. She flinched and stepped away, and Hoodie dropped his hand. "And we need your help to get to this one place in Illinois."
"And what will you trade in return?"
Masky groaned. "Ah, c'mon, Slendy! We all wanna help her get the rightful revenge she deserves! You of all people should be able to understand that!"
"Hold on, hold on." Ben raised his hands a bit. "'We'? Who said I was comin' with ya? I helped you find the address, now you know where the guy lives. I've done my part."
"I'm not going anywhere," Jeff said.
Jack sighed. "No one has to follow. We just need to find a way to the man so Sally can get to him."
"I suppose it wouldn't be a waste of time."
Hoodie looks at Slender Man, "So you'll help 'er? Ya know, without needing anything to sacrifice for it?"
It was silent before the immortal replied.
"Yes."
Hoodie looks over at Sally, a grin in his voice. "You hear that, Sal? You get to kill your uncle!"
She jolted and froze when he heard that nickname. Sal. Her hands began to tremble and she diverted her gaze down to the ground.
Relax, you're okay. You're okay.
"Uh...you okay there?" Masky asked, feeling confused at Sally's sudden change in demeanor.
Sally swallowed her anger and pain down, then lifted her gaze to studied Slender Man.
"You will help me?" She asked, barely a whisper, but he heard her clearly and responded.
"Yes."
That's when a black, shadow-like tendril that stretched from his back and towards Sally, reaching out to her. It slithers through the air towards her, and her eyes widen. It reflected no light, instead it seemed to absorb it. What is that thing?
She looks over at the other killers that she had met, an uncertain expression on her face.
"It's fine, he won't hurt you." Hoodie reassured.
"Go on ahead, kiddo." Masky nodded towards her. "We'll see ya later."
Hoodie made a small wave and Jeff watched on with a careless expression. Jack stands there with an emotionless aura around him as he stuffs his hands into his pockets. Ben has his arms crossed and he's staring off into the distance.
So, they're not coming with her? Sally realized that a part of her actually hoped one of them would come with her. Has she really let herself trust them that much?
Sally looks back over at Slender Man and the dark tentacle-like appendage still slowly stretching towards her.
Suddenly, she found herself hesitant. It truly hit her then that she's going to face Johnny. It's what she wanted, it was what she was so determined to do earlier, but now she can't seem to bring herself to take a step forward. She doesn't want to do this alone.
She's scared, she knew that. The knife felt heavy in her hand, and she bit her lip.
She wants to do this. She has to do this.
"I...I'm ready," Sally said. Of course she's ready. She wants to face the person who ruined her life, who ended it. She wants to hurt him as he had hurt her.
The second she finished her sentence, the tendril shot towards her at an inhuman speed and plunged into her chest, but it didn't leave a mark, didn't form a single drop of blood. It's like it didn't even touch her, but as soon as it went through her, her vision faded out and her world spun around her, then she was falling...falling...