Chapter 15 - Unleashed

Hoodie opened the back door and walked out into the night with Masky and Sally following not too far behind.
"I think we should help Sally," Masky said to start up a conversation as they walked.
"Like how?" Hoodie asked and Sally listened, since this is pretty much about her. How can they help her? What more can they do? Johnny is dead. She is dead. Nothing can fix this.
"Ya know, help her walk steadily and maybe even run."
Once Masky said that, Sally looked up at him in confusion. How can they help her walk properly? She's already gotten used to her legs being so weak and wobbly, just as they were when she died. It's almost as if she couldn't heal the wounds she had before losing her life. If she could heal, she would've been much better by now. But, after many weeks of no change, it's obvious to her that these wounds aren't going to heal.
"We can train her to get past it and she can practice running and walking, and soon she'll get the hang of it, right?" Masky explained, sounding more confident about it than he probably should be. "I mean, don't you think it would be easier for her to go around from place to place if she did?"
"Good thinking," Hoodie praised, then he looked down at Sally. "What do you think, kid?"
Sally feels it's worth a shot, because she's tired of stumbling around, losing her balance and being unable to run. The soreness in her legs won't allow her, so she hopes some training could help her move around without tripping and hurting.
Sally bites her lip before responding. What if it doesn't work? And if it does? How long will it take her to finally get over the pain and the physical disability of walking? Then, she nodded. "Okay."
"Alright, well, let's start now," Hoodie suggested, walking backwards as he faces them.
"Why now?" Masky asked.
"Why not?" Hoodie countered, lifting his hands a bit as he shrugged. "We got the time, the place, and since it's nighttime, we shouldn't be bothered."
"Except for the police."
"Except for the police," Hoodie agreed. "But we can handle 'em."
"Uh, alright." Masky turned to Sally. "You up for it?"
She nods again, then looked down to her dirty feet. "Uh-huh."
"Alright, kiddo!" Hoodie exclaims cheerfully as he stopped walking, and the other two stopped, too. "So, that asshole damaged ya pretty bad, huh? Well, first, try taking a few steps as steadily as you can."
"Here, let me hold that for you," Masky insisted, referring to her knife as he held his hand out.
Sally isn't so sure about that, and she still isn't completely certain if she can really trust these two, but so far, they seem nice and they've even helped her, and still are. They're almost brotherly.
Sally hesitantly held out her weapon and Masky took it. Her hand felt oddly empty without it, and she almost felt panicked and she isn't sure why. Maybe it's because she feels so much safer with that knife, as if she's completely helpless without it. She took a deep breath.
Then, she began to walk, trying not to wobble as she kept her legs straight and tense. Her face scrunched up in pain. She couldn't stop herself from stumbling a bit, but she caught herself.
Her thigh muscles won't cooperate, and are still heavily bruised and paralyzingly sore.
"Hm..." Hoodie hummed as he observed her movements. "Let's get out onto the street. The ground is uneven here and it could be easier to try on flat ground."
The other two nodded and they made their way into the empty street.
On the way, Sally spoke up, asking a question she's yearned to know the answer of.
"Why are you helping me?"
"Well," Masky rubbed the back of his head. "I'm pretty sure you're gonna be hanging out with us more often, unless something changes. So while you're around, we can't just leave you with your walking problems. Might as well keep helping you out, right? Besides, you're a nice kid." He said and Sally can hear the grin in his voice.
"If...If you're doing this out of pity, then..." Sally's voice trailed off.
"No, not really. We're doing this 'cause we wanna help out." Hoodie reassured with a shrug, and then they made it to the street. "I won't lie and say that I don't feel sorry for you, but that's not the reason we're helping you. Well, not the main reason, anyway."
"What if...this doesn't work?" Sally asks softly, looking down at the ground nervously.
"Well, we don't know until we try, right?" Hoodie encourages.
Sally nods. Yes, he's right. Maybe this could work.
"Alright, now try to walk as steadily as you can," Masky instructed and Sally nodded again, then began to take a few steps forward, walking as straight as she could without stumbling from side to side, and she grits her teeth in concentration to focus on walking naturally. She's so used to letting her legs do whatever it takes to walk as painlessly as possible, so walking normally hasn't been an option for a while.
"Steady...don't push yourself," Hoodie said softly, so Sally tried to walk a bit slower, in hopes of being able to balance easier.
She's able to take a few steady steps, and it pained her, but she can get the hang of it. Then her steps became more wobbly, and one of her legs gave out on her. Thoughtlessly, Hoodie caught her arm before she staggered to the ground.
"That was good! Soon you'll be able to walk without a problem in no time," he chirps, ruffling her hair gently, careful not to touch her wound. Sally winces, but she didn't pull away this time.
She managed to make a small grin, despite her throbbing legs, but she knows she can manage. She can handle the pain, she just needs to learn to act like it's not even there.
"Alright, let's try to walk at a longer length without toppling over," Hoodie told her. "Try to take deep, even breaths, and let it out with every few steps. Try to keep it at an even pace, and sooner or later, the pain won't bother ya."
Once the instructions were clear to her, Sally began to walk steadily again, and this time, managed to do it for a longer time. Throughout the time, her knees kept wobbling, so she couldn't keep much of a balance, but Hoodie kept his firm grip on her arm, so it helped her.
Hoodie walked along with her and, as told, she took deep, even breaths, and it actually helped her keep calm, balanced, and the pain doesn't bother her much now that she is understanding how to avoid most of it by being careful.
"Awesome, kiddo! You're doing great!" Masky praised and Sally smiles a bit, still walking.
But soon enough, they heard an engine of a car nearby, and by the sound of it, it's slowing down as it came towards them.
They each peer back to see what appears to be a police car slowing to a stop beside them.
Masky quickly hid Sally's knife in the pocket of his hoodie as the tinted window rolled down to reveal an officer, looking up at them with narrowed eyes.
"What're you kids doing out here so late?" He asked, but then his eyes landed on Sally, who is hiding behind Hoodie, peeking around him to look at the cop as her little hands clenched at the skirt of her nightgown. She doesn't want the policeman to see her, although it's obvious now that he already does. If she's truly a criminal now, she doesn't want to be caught and sent to jail; somehow a childish fear compared to what she's faced recently, but the civilized girl within her is afraid of the thought of confinement and constant supervision. And she still has a sense of shame.
"Oh, we're just on our way back home, sir." Masky lied smoothly, as if he had years of practice. "We had to walk a long way from our grandparent's place."
The cop's expression didn't relax, so it's obvious that he doesn't really believe him. His dark eyes stares at Masky suspiciously. How can he trust someone who's walking around at night with a mask?
Then the policeman studied Sally, because underneath her dark hair, he swears he can see the darkness of dried blood.
His eyes then trailed down to her legs, where he sees the old blood trailing from there, and then her saw her dirty feet. Then his eyes shot quickly back up towards Masky and Hoodie, and those eyes widened once he realized who they were. He's seen pictures of them only recently, and now he knows that they are killers. Automatically, he assumes that these men are kidnapping the girl to kill her.
Masky immediately realized that they're not getting out of this without trouble, so he brought out his switchblade, and right before the cop could do anything, Masky shoved the knife into the man's neck. Blood immediately spurted from the wound and the cop soon slumped limply in his seat, lifeless. Masky peeks in to make sure no one else is in the car, then he turns to Sally and Hoodie.
"Alright, I'm pretty sure more will be on the way soon, so let's get outta here," he told them, and the other two nodded in agreement. Sally began to feel the flutter of anxiety, and another feeling. A feeling pounding through her being, nearly bringing a mischievous grin to her lips. There's the thrill, the excitement.
"Too late for that, boys."
They turned quickly to see an unmarked police car parked behind them. Two more policemen stood there with guns aimed at the two men. How did they not notice them!?
"Fuck," Hoodie muttered, his hand clenching around the pocketknife he has in his pocket.
"Put your hands in the air," the second cop stuttered, but then he cleared his throat. "Now."
"Make me," Masky challenged immaturely with a grin in his voice, stepping closer to Sally to secretively pass her knife to her and she quickly took it, clenching it tight and out of the officers' sight.
The first cop gritted his teeth as he reached his hand around to grab his taser, but right then, Sally decided to walk out from behind Hoodie and began slowly approaching the two. They widened their eyes once they saw the blood.
Of course they would think Hoodie and Masky did something to the poor girl.
Sally bites her lip to hold back her smile. Suddenly, she feels challenging, ecstatic with rebellion.
Sally reaches one hand out towards them, the hand that doesn't have her knife in it, and she stares up at them with wide, innocent green eyes feigning innocence.
"Help," she whimpers pathetically. It seemed to work, because one of the policemen took a step towards her.
"We will," he reassured soothingly, still keeping a sharp eye on Masky and Hoodie standing behind her. "Come over here, to us. We'll protect you."
"Will you play with me?" Sally bit her lip to keep from giggling. It's almost as if she's really playing a game. She felt the exciting rush of exhilaration from teasing authority like she's never done before.
They didn't seem to think much about her childlike question as the first cop glances towards his partner. "I got the girl, keep an eye on those two."
Looking away is a big mistake.
Masky lunged forward, towards the first cop as the second cop shot a bullet. The loud sound shattered the air around them and echoed throughout the sleeping neighborhood as Masky knocks the first policeman over, immediately bringing his blade to the man's neck, and quickly ending his life.
The second cop, with shaky hands, aims his gun at Masky, but before he fired again, Hoodie dashed forward and stabbed the man deeply in his thigh. He cries out, firing several bullets, but they either hit the car or the pavement in a panicked, sloppy aim.
The car's siren rang out and echoed through the streets, drowning out the sound of a man shouting in pain.
The man fell to the ground, his eyes swirling with pain and anger as he glares up at the three. "You...bastards! Murderers! You won't get away with this, I promise you!"
Sally tilts her head at him, and then his glare meets her gaze.
"And you. Sally Williams," he spat. Sally flinches lightly at the sound of her name. "You crazy, undead child. You're going to go to get in so much trouble for this, missy."
Sally forms her own glare. He's making her angry. Very angry. First, he dares to call her by her name as if it somehow had power over her. He calls her crazy, the word "freak" distinguished in the tone of his voice, in the way he looks at her. And then he threatens her.
Her hand holding the handle of her knife clenches tighter, and she brings it into view of the man. He will not threaten her and get away with it.
The cop's eyes widen slightly at the sight her weapon, but then he grits his teeth as he struggles to stand, reaching for his gun. "Oh, no you don't!"
Hoodie then kicked forward, right in the man's leg and onto the fresh wound. The policeman groans as his eyes squeeze shut and he stiffens in his place, one of his hands reaching down to his leg. Masky then came forward and shoved the cop, causing him to topple onto the concrete.
"I'll leave you to Sally," he said, kicking the gun away from the cop and snatching the taser.
Sally then allowed herself to smile, and she began making her way to the policeman.
He stared at her with wide eyes that quickly filled with fear of what he knows is coming to him. He was frozen on the ground, only able to watch as death made its way towards him in the shape of a small girl.
For the first time, Sally understood the image of what she is in this man's eyes. Now, she's close enough that she can see her reflection in them, and she felt that she likes what she sees.
he's understanding the impact that the killers are leaving on these people, the fear that they've embedded deep into the minds of these civilians, and the fear that she is causing this man.
"Stop! Don't!" The cop practically begged as Sally came closer, but then she grabbed him by his hair and pulled his head back. He grabbed her wrists and tried to snatch the knife away, but she kept firm. His strength is no match to hers right now.
"Thank you for playing with me," she whispered. "But now, our game is finished."
"Tell me, why are you doing this? What are you trying to achieve-"
His voice was cut off and he let out a yelp as Sally slit his throat wide open. Blood gushed from his mouth and wound as he sputtered, coughed, and gagged. His body twitched and writhed, fighting desperately against death before collapsing onto the street, a scarlet puddle forming around his head as he lie there, his body quickly becoming motionless.
  As Sally stared down at his body, his final words repeated in her head. Why is she doing this? What is she trying to accomplish?
Honestly, she doesn't know, and she's not sure if she cares, either.
The siren of the car still sounds loud and clear, piercing through her mind and shattering her thoughts, echoing through the night. Within the loud and quite annoying sound were the sounds of sirens, and very soon they saw flashing red and blue lights heading their way.
"Damn, someone must've heard the commotion," Masky said, quickly lifting Sally into his arms, and then both he and Hoodie broke into a run. However, they soon heard the screeching of the cars halting and doors slamming open, and a few cops shouting orders.
Sally's head spun as she stared at the blood on her hands and knife, some of that blood is even spattered on her pink nightgown.
What does she want, and why must she kill these people to get it?
She's already had her revenge. But, then, why is she still so angry?
The thrill and rage is all that swirled in her mind and she can't think clearly, she can't even process what's going on. All she wants now is to destroy, to harm, to end. To kill.
Because that may just be what she wants.
The sound of gunshots brought Sally back to attention. They've been spotted.
They hoped those bullets would miss, but unfortunately, one managed to hit Masky square in the shoulder and he cursed loudly, staggering forward, almost losing his balance, and Sally fell out of his arms.
"Shit!" Hoodie cursed, turning once Masky was shot, but more bullets fired, and he knew they had to get out of there, quick.
Sally gasped once she hit hard ground and she immediately sat up, quickly grabbing the knife which she had dropped in the downfall, and looked up to see Masky grabbing at his shoulder, blood leaking through his fingers as he breathed heavily.
For a second, her mind went absolutely blank.
But the sounds of bullets, shouting men, the sirens, it all broke her out of her mortified state, and she snapped.
Rage swelled in her like a flame, desperate to be set loose and burning with an unbearable heat. How dare they hurt her friend?
Hoodie is pretty damn pissed, too. These cops just fucking shot his friend. So then Hoodie pulls out his pocket knife and flips the blade open. "Looks like we're doing this the hard way."
Just then, another few bullets whipped past them, but one struck Masky again, this time, in the calf of his leg and he stumbled and fell to his knees, but then jumped behind a tree, out of the cops' sight.
The policemen ran closer to them, and the killers knew they needed to get out of there.
Sally, on the other hand, wanted to kill every single one of those bastards. She may be immortal, but Hoodie and Masky are not, so she knew that the police could kill them.
After they've been so kind to her, helping her to walk and acting much like older brothers to her, imagining the police shooting them down made her furious.
She will not let that happen.
"Need a hand?"
They turned their heads to see the smiling psychotic killer Sally had only met a few days earlier.
But then Jeff pulled out a severed hand that came from none other than one of his victims on his way here, and tossed it towards them, and it landed by Masky.
"Haha, very funny," Masky said, and despite his situation the pain he's obviously in, he still manages to make sarcastic remarks.
"I've always wanted to make that pun," Jeff said, then he turned his head to see flashlights pointing their direction and heard the footsteps heading their way.
"I'll help you guys kill them," he told them, glancing back towards Sally, Masky, and Hoodie. "Though I'm not doing it for your sakes, I'm doing it because I just want to."
Masky managed to chuckle, but winced afterwards. "Of course."
Jeff pulled out his knife as Sally stood up and Hoodie pulled out his pocketknife.
Masky wanted to help them, but seeing that his shoulder and leg are both immensely injured, he knew can't do much for now.
"Hoodie, here!" He called, tossing his own knife to his buddy, who caught it skillfully by the handle.
"Kill 'em for me," he said with a smirk in his voice, and Hoodie nodded.
Jeff ran behind a fence, just waiting for a cop to dare to pass by. Hoodie hid behind a bush, ready to jump out at any moment, but Sally didn't hide.
No, she doesn't need to hide to make this game fun.
A smile spread across her lips, but anger and madness swirled in her gaze. With a bloodied knife tight in her hand, she waited for the policemen to see her.

And so the game begins.