Songlock: Fragile (Kygo)

Request for AC_A99

Song: "Fragile" by Kygo

~

Crazy to think that a man can't hurt
Love takes its toll every time it don't work, yeah

"I'm not going," she said, standing firm with her arms crossed. Her eyes were ablaze with anger as she looked between John and Mary.

"(Y/n), we already told him you were going, you can't just stand him up!" argued Mary, giving her a stern look.

"I don't even know this guy and he doesn't know me, he won't care!"

John and Mary exchanged a quick glance, hoping (y/n) didn't catch it. "He's uh, a very sensitive fellow. And trust us, he's very excited to be spending the evening with you."

"Will you at least give me this sensitive fellow's name? I'm going off of nothing here," she said, giving them both stern looks.

They shared another look. "William," they said at the same time.

(Y/n) smiled. "Sounds like a civilized name for a civilized man." They shared another look. "But I just don't think I'm ready," she said, sighing and flopping back onto the couch.

One door closes and another opens
But it's hard to let go when your heart's broken
I give you my trust, can you give me your word?

Mary sat down beside her and put a comforting arm around her. "Listen, whatever happened between you and Benedict, happened for a reason. I know that he hurt you (y/n), but you have to get back out there. Not every guy is going to be him."

(Y/n) looked around the room, biting her lip while debating the pros and cons. John had his fingers crossed behind him, hoping to god she would say yes.

And finally she did.

~

Come take my heart of glass
And give me your love
I hope you'll still be there
To pick the pieces up

(Y/n) sat at the table, awaiting her knight in shining armor. William. She repeated the name over in her mind, imagining how a handsome face might fit a handsome name. She was interrupted in her daydream though by the sight of a head full of curly black hair. She groaned. "Sherlock, what the hell are you doing here?" she asked as he approached the table.

He looked at her up and down in awe. Had she always looked this good? How had he never taken note of the way her features all seemed to compliment each other perfectly? He noticed her trying to peer around him, like she was looking for someone else. Didn't she know? He was her date. John and Mary said she knew and- he stopped thinking as he noticed her making eyes at a man who was making his way slowly by the table.

"William?" she asked the stranger. The guy, who had seemed interested in her moments ago, before she had opened her mouth, shook his head in confusion then hurriedly walked away.

She sat back in her chair dejected and arms crossed. Sherlock took a deep breath, then approached her. "My name's William."

She rolled her eyes as she looked up at him. "Very funny Sherlock. I thought you would've been smart enough to remember your own name at least Mr. 'I-have-all-the-worlds-knowledge-stored-inside-my-abnormally-shaped-head'."

Sherlock scoffed in amusement. "William is my name, my true first name."

(Y/n) stared in shock. "You've got to be kidding me." She then gestured for him to sit down, not hiding the disappointed sigh she let out heavily. "Let's get this thing over with then." She was not excited to be spending the night with Sherlock Holmes, anybody could see that. However, he was excited to be spending it with her, although he would never show it.