Moriarty: Netflix and Kill

Request for midnightbluehue

~

"So you're leaving me? You're just going to up and go just like that? For another man?" asked Jim, clutching onto your hand with both of his and sporting his best pouty face.

"Jesus Jim, I'm just going to meet a client," you chuckled. "It's all business - he tells me he wants his wife dead by 'accident' and 24 hours later the job is done."

"At least let me tag along," he begged, standing up from his spot on the bed. He came to stand behind you. You spritzed perfume on your neck, and seconds later he was nuzzling his nose into your skin. "I don't like knowing other men can look at you, and smell you, and-"

You put a hand up to him. "I get it, you're protective. Which is exactly why you can't come." You tried to say it sweetly, but when you looked in the mirror a scrunched up look had come over his face.

"I'm not protective!"

"Yes, and you also hate killing and eat your vegetables. Must be opposite day ey?" you teased, giving him a cheeky look.

"(Y/n) I promise not to-"

"And if the clients see I have a boyfriend then they might think I have a heart, then I automatically lose my badass reputation and next thing I know people are questioning my cold blooded killing skills."

You shimmied into your uniform - a sexy dress that reeked with blood lust - and slipped on your boots and jacket to go with. His eyes had been traveling up and down you, first lighting up with passionate fire, then falling to disapproval. "Is that uniform really necessary?"

"I have to look the part don't I? Same reason you wear your suits out when the majority of the time you're barely wearing knickers."

"That's for your sake not mine," he winked, stepping closer to you and placing his hands on your elbows. You rolled your eyes with a smirk. Suddenly his face got serious, his jaw setting into place. "I'm coming, and you can't stop me."

"Oh James, you're so cute when you try and be tough." You then leaned into his ear, whispering heavily in it. "But you're not going anywhere." And with that you snapped the handcuffs around his wrist, that were already attached to the bed frame,  kissed his shocked face goodbye, and strutted out the door.

~

"She's snoring too much at night." You tried not to spit out your drink as you watched your twitchy client explain why he wanted his wife of 11 years dead. You had your share of odd folks you serviced to, but this was a new one. There had to be another reason... Right? "Well and her life insurance could buy me a vacation home in Spain." And there was that other reason.

"Where does she work?" you asked. You didn't hear his answer because from across the bar you had spotted an all too familiar head of hair ducking behind a group of people. When he peeked through the bodies, your thoughts were confirmed - Jim had followed you here. You should've known those handcuffs wouldn't hold him.

"So you think you can do it?"

You snapped out of your thoughts and looked at the man. He was at least 10 years older than you and basically the exact opposite of Jim - sandy hair, bright blue eyes, bulky. You decided right then and there to have a little fun.

"Yes. And I'll take half off the price if you do me a favor." Instantly his blue eyes got bluer.

"Yeah, anything!"

"Put your hand on my knee and lean close to me."

"Uh okay," he said. His movements were awkward and as he got closer the smell of meat and whiskey entered your nose. You watched from the corner of your eye as Jim crept closer, his efforts of hiding becoming worse and worse.