Chapter 1: Twins

*Author's note

First ever story on wattpad! I hope you guys like it. Pardon the misspellings and grammatical errors. 

Edited 11/27/15

AVA

"Hi, Sis!" I heard my brother call out from the elevator as he chased me down the hallway.

"Yes, Todd? Should we get to our publicists to talk to another girl you allegedly impregnated?" I replied with a smirk on my face as I walked to my office at the end of the hallway.

He furrowed his brows and spat out, "Hey! That's not the way to start the day, Ava! And that was just a misunderstanding. You know how those gold diggers are."

"Yeah, I know how they are that is why I keep telling you to be careful, but no! you just don't like listening to your sister, do you?" I replied, tilting my head to one side to taunt him even more. Todd had been the victim of a couple of gold diggers due to his playboy status and great wealth. Needless to say, it has caused us -mainly myself- a ton of headaches.

"Geez, sis. Learn to let some stuff go,"

"I will, as soon as you get an attitude makeover and stop sleeping with every blonde bimbo you encounter."

"I actually have standards Ava,"

"Yeah? Prove it."

"I will! You just wait and see!" He said as he walked backwards to his own office that was adjacent to mine.

I faced my double mahogany doors that had large half circles as door handles. It was one of the ways that Todd and I would give our offices a personal twist, among many others. It would be necessary when we inherited the company. As they say, out with the old, in with the new.

Our parents didn't expect to have two children, but seeing as Todd and I are twins, they didn't really have a choice. Everybody had to adjust, even the board of directors. They also expected one heir, not double trouble. If the board had to adjust, so did the whole office building. Our father had his own office building built beside the Trump Tower, thinking that some of its business luck would rub off on us and it seemed like it did.

It even earned my father a new ally in the business.

There was only one office for the heir but hey, twins mean two offices. Our father had to have another office built when we turned eighteen.

Yes, our father gave us our own offices when we turned eighteen. He had already given us cars, but those kinds of gifts were practically meaningless since he could buy them without any kind of difficulty whatsoever. The offices, however, were a completely different story. They signified our introduction to the company and officially named us heirs of Baron International. If having your name engraved on a platinum band that is 4.5 inches thick beside your own office doors doesn't seal the deal, nothing ever will.

You think that's pressure? No, that's just the tip of the iceberg. There were trips and parties, but they weren't with our closest friends or anything, it was to meet with the important people involved with Baron International. It's everything an 18 year old could ever want.

No, not really.

It may seem so fabulous and glamorous, very lifestyles of the rich and the famous. It's difficult, though, being eighteen and already having a whole corporation resting on your shoulders. I guess I'm very lucky to have Todd by my side through all of this chaos which we call our lives.