Chapter 27: Back to Normal

OLIVER

Ava jumped into my Porsche Cayenne with Bandit trailing closely behind and he occupied the backseat. I held her hand the whole time as we drove through the heavy rain. My shirt was soaking wet, the cold piercing my skin but I didn’t care.

I was over the moon to have Ava with me now, and wearing her engagement ring.

“I’m taking us to my place, is that okay?” I asked as I thumbed the ring on her finger.

She nods. “I haven’t been there in a while.”

“Hmm.. You won’t be leaving in a while either.” I couldn’t help the smirk that was plastered on my face.

She giggled and I caught the twinkle in her eyes. God, how much I missed that laugh.

“Our dog is soiling your interior, by the way.” She points at the dripping wet Bandit sprawled across the backseat.

“Yeah, but so are you and I’m not complaining.”

“Well considering as I just agreed to marry you, you will have more serious things to complain about other than me being wet in your car.”

She grins with her hair a wonderful mess on her shoulders.

“Oh, you’re wet in my car?” I ask with a smirk on my face.

She playfully swats my arm and laughs.

“I am a mess. A dripping…” She stopped mid-sentence and looks me straight in the eyes.

“A dripping but extremely happy mess.” She continued.

I lift her hand up to my lips and kiss her knuckles. We pull up to my apartment building and I went around the car to open Ava’s door.

She takes my hand and steps out, her coat dripping water onto the pavement. She blushed violently when she noticed how drenched she actually is.

I pulled her close and kiss her forehead.

“You can be a dripping mess in my Lamborghini and I still won’t care.” I could feel her smile against my chest and it almost made my heart burst.

I slightly pull away to open the door for Bandit. He immediately jumps out and shakes the excess water from his fur.

“Come on, let’s all get dried up.” I said as we walked into the lobby and up to my apartment.

I hand the keys to the valet that was waiting near the entrance.

“Have it cleaned before parking it. Send me the bill upstairs.” I said a little too harshly, but I didn’t dwell on it. There are much more important things at hand right now.

The valet quickly nodded and seemed like he made a mental note of the things I asked him to do.

~**~

We stepped into my apartment and Ava removed her soaked coat.

“Uhh so where do I put this?” She dangled the coat in front of me.