Chapter 32: Facing your Demons

A/n 

I know it's a long time coming, but I have school and life is hard, basically.

Anyway, double update for Maegan! Hi, thank you for reading my story! :D

OLIVER

I’m not entirely sure why she would want to see Robb and Camilla, but I’m letting her anyway.

I would have to stop myself from killing Robb when we see them.

“Olly, come on!” Ava emerges from her bedroom with Bandit following closely behind.

I got up from the stool and grabbed my keys from the farther end of the counter.

Anyone who is of a sound mind would not be excited about going to visit one’s kidnappers, but it seems that Ava has lost her mind. She seems awfully cheerful during the drive going there.

“Why are you so excited? Did you already forget that they attempted to murder you?”

Ava just shrugs and pulls out her phone. “No. But I do remember that they put my brother in a coma.” She said flatly.

I fell silent and the air in my car began to thicken. She hasn’t talked about Todd that way; or in any way for that matter since the other night.

It wasn’t long before we pull up to the precinct and I didn’t know whether to feel relieved that we’re out of the car or dread that we’re about to come face to face with two people I long to behead.

“I want to see Camilla Bradford and Robert Madden, please.” Ava requested and the officer shuffled to his feet to get the required paperwork.

“May I know who the visitor is, ma’am? Oh and we can’t allow your dog to go with you.”

“Ava Baron. They tried to kill me, and my dog goes where I go, so there’s that.”

I’m confused and surprised, to say the least. I’ve seen various sides to Ava but this one is something I have never seen before. She’s aggressive and her voice dripped with a finality that is unheard of.

Oliver, this is hardly the place to be getting turned on in.

The young officer stutters and kept walking around like a headless chicken. Ava’s terrifying him.

Quite frankly, she’s scaring me too.

“Officer,” I began, trying to somehow get the situation under control.

“He’s such a great dog. I mean, look at him. He doesn’t have a leash and he’s around so many strangers and he’s not acting out. We promise he’ll behave.”

The officer, whom we’ve identified as Officer Mills is scared out of his wits because it’s his first day and he’s just recently graduated. That’s why he’s so jittery.

“Alright, fine. Wait, are you Oliver Royce?” Mills’ face ashened after recognizing who I am and his eyes back and forth between me and Ava.