Chapter 8: Nobody Likes the Blonde

OLIVER

"Hello darling!" the platinum blonde woman exclaimed as she enveloped Ava in her arms.

Ava didn't look half as happy as the blonde. She didn't even return the hug.

Hanna and Todd weren't too glad either.

When she finally let go, I wrapped my arm around Ava's shoulder. She immediately leaned in to me as if the hug had drained her energy.

All of a sudden, the blonde flitted away to Todd and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. His expression was like stone.

These people are not happy to see this woman at all.

she's as tall as Todd in heels and easily towered over Ava.

She turned her attention to me and held out her hand,

"Meredith Harker-Cavanaugh, and you are?" She stated.

"Oliver Royce," I said as I shook her hand while smiling.

her mouth opened wide open in exaggerated shock,

"It IS you! THE Oliver Royce!" She exclaimed dramatically.

This woman obviously likes drama.

She whips her head towards Ava's direction and she's practically been turned to a statue right after Meredith released her from the surprise hug.

"Look at you, Ava, snatching away the most wanted bachelor in the country! SO much has changed! Looks like you're no longer the worthless plain-jane I used to bully in high school!"

I don't hit women and I never will but if there ever comes a day that I am given the opportunity to hit one, Meredith would receive one hell of a right hook.

that comment was extremely inappropriate and unnecessary.

Ava looked like she was about to crumble to a million pieces and I saw Todd's face turn beet red with anger,

"Meredith..!" He hissed through clenched teeth.

Meredith simply laughed and waved her hand,

"Oh come on Todd, I was just joking. And little Ava here knows that,"

She turned her attention to me yet again, and she started to gently stroke my chest.

"And you, Mr. Royce, if you ever get tired of hanging out with the Barons, come and see me. I'm just in cottage 206." She said biting her lower lip and winking at me.

She did all of this while Ava, Todd and Hanna were all still within earshot.

I smiled as I gently pushed her away and said,"Mrs. Cavanaugh, I don't think your husband will be too pleased with your actions,"