Chapter 3: Pseudo Boyfriend Status: FOUND

*****EDITED 

AVA

Oliver Royce. Filthy rich, handsome, and relatively smart. I think I've found my pretend boyfriend!

Crap. Okay, now all I have to do is grab him from Todd's office and talk to him about my plans.

Crap. Again, I may have forgotten how much of a jackass he actually is, but it is at least worth a try. If it doesn't work out, and if he threatens to blab on me, I'll buy him out. Royce Incorporated will be mine.

Stop. One evil thought at a time please. I'm not exactly a one-woman army. Yeah, sounds good.

Okay. Here I go.

I pushed Todd's office doors a little too hard and made an entrance that was probably more dramatic than what I was aiming for, but I couldn't redo that so I just went with it. I heard Todd mutter something when I came in but I couldn't make out so I ignored it.

After spotting the two standing at Todd's desk, I blurted out, "Oliver, may I speak to you for a moment?"

He looked up at me with a surprised, but obviously amused look on his face and before he could say anything, I added, "My office, now."

I didn't want to stay and see them laugh at my apparent discomfort so I immediately turned and practically flew to my office. I waited nervously in my office and it took every ounce of self-control to prevent myself from pacing. I was already throwing my pride and dignity to exact revenge and I refuse to give Oliver Royce the satisfaction of seeing me as nervous as a turkey on Thanksgiving Day.

He finally came into my office and I managed to mutter a measly 'hi' to ease the tension that was building up in the room.

"So what's this all about?" He said as he sauntered towards me.

I managed to back away before I finally said, "I have... a proposition for you."

He looked intrigued. He put his hands into his pockets and leaned on to my desk.

"I'm listening."

Perfect. I've got his attention.

He raised his eyebrows as if to let me know he's waiting for me to speak.

He is such a cocky human being!!! I cannot believe I'm actually considering this.

Though at this point, it was too late to back out now.

It's okay, Ava, you can do it. Just spit it out.

"Short version, I need a pretend boyfriend for my high school reunion next weekend."

I continued, not letting him get into fits of laughter because I didn't think I could handle it at the time. "You don't need to pay for anything. Just show up, wear nice clothes, be charming, drive a badass sports car, yadda-yadda-yadda. You're pretty much all of those things already anyway so it shouldn't be difficult. What do you say?"

That was a mouthful. I was babbling. Shit. It felt like years before he started talking.

"Well..."

Finally. I thought Oliver swallowed his tongue in the middle of my monologue.

"You think I'm charming?" He said with a sly grin on his face.