Chapter 28: Standing in the Dark

AVA

We arrive at Oliver’s apartment a little after twelve. Bandit was exhausted, choosing to plop down on one of Oliver’s couches and went straight to sleep.

The moment we enter, the wind was knocked out of me. Oliver turned me around as he closed the door behind me and my protests were silenced by the sudden crashing of our lips together.

I felt his tongue slowly trace my lower lip before putting it between his teeth and tugging lightly. My hands found their way to his hair and were immediately tangled in them.

“This dress is an evil creation.” He breathes onto my lips.

“How so?”

His hands slowly slide down to my waist, one hand continuing to travel down to my thighs. Pulling one leg up to fasten behind him, he whispers in my ear, “It’s been giving me some evil thoughts.”

I literally shiver when I felt his tongue graze my ear.

I think I’ve lost my mind.

He pulls my other leg to his back and carries me to the bed. My dress has ridden up so high he was easily able to yank off my underwear. Not that I’m complaining.

I sit up to unbutton his dress shirt and pushed it off his shoulders. Everytime I undress him, I catch my breath.

I don’t think anyone can or should look this good naked.

While I was sitting up, he managed to unzip my dress and pull it off of me. All this without breaking the liplock we were in.

He must have done this a lot of times before.

What. Why did I just think that.

The thought alarms me and I stiffen, having made up flashbacks of Oliver with several women, all breathtakingly beautiful pollute in my head.

Oliver senses my discomfort and whispers in my ear.

“Whatever it is you’re thinking, get it out of your head and come back to me.” He says in a low, demanding voice.

WOAH.

It was enough to diminish any thoughts of him with other women for the rest of the night.

He showed me that there really was no one but me that night. All the other girls from before don’t matter anymore. There was just me now.

~**~

Oliver found it amusing that both his fiancée and his dog have turned into zombies after one party. A party that didn’t even go past twelve.

I woke up in the middle of the night and Oliver wasn’t in the bed with me.

“Olly?” I call out.

“Bathroom. Be out in a second.”

The little devil in my head decided to make an appearance after a tabloid article pops up on my phone.