Chapter 2: Introducing Oliver Royce

*Author's note:

When it comes to the setting, I just placed random things in there. I just really wanted the story to be in New York so even if it's physically impossible to build another building beside Trump Tower, I built one there anyway. :))
Anyway, thank you for continuing to read. If you are. :))

Leave some messages there for Ava and Oliver! :D 

Edited 11/272015 [Indentation errors]

OLIVER

"Katya, do I have any appointments today?" I called to my assistant who was on her usual post. I grabbed my coat and car keys from my office table.

"No sir. All clear for today."

"Nice. I'll be out for a while. Gonna visit my favorite twins!"

"Okay, sir. I'll take messages and dodge the women."

"You're the best!"

She nodded and waved goodbye as the elevator doors closed.

The Baron International building wasn't very far from mine but the roads in New York are hell. Despite the traffic, I still drove to the Baron International building simply because I enjoyed driving. When I got to the floor where the twins' offices were located, I went to visit Ava first. She hated me so much, seeing the fury I cause just made me feel alive.

She's one of the only women who can do that to me. She's also one of the few who can resist me. It's a breath of fresh air, really; to be attractive and still be hated by one person. It's always fun to rattle the tiger's cage. Truth be told, I just really enjoy seeing that look of pure fury and anger on Ava Baron's face. I didn't know I could cause that particular emotion in a woman. It was hilarious though.

Before, I had hoped I could stir up other kinds of emotions in her. I'd known her since she was, what, ten? Our fathers had become good friends and decided that their children should be the best of friends as well. That idea was half good, half terribly awful.

See, being an only child meant you are spoiled rotten. What else would you expect from a workaholic father and a stay at home mother who had nothing better to do than throw lavish parties and shopping? They gave me everything I wanted. When I was little, I got all the toys every kid wanted, the greatest parties with the biggest moon bounce and people on stilts, plus clowns!

For my teenage years, I had all the coolest gadgets and my parents allowed me to throw crazy parties at our sprawling mansion. The police would never bother us as our property was secluded. Among other things.

I also got two sports cars for my 18th birthday and my own apartment in a high-end building in the city. I spent my 21st birthday in Vegas with my friends and we gambled, partied, and so much more. You name it, we did it. Thank God I wasn't drunk enough to get married by an Elvis impersonator.

However, I didn't know that all the things I received was my father's way of making me indebted to him. By the time I turned 22, He told me I would be taking over Royce Incorporated. I didn't even want that job!

I wanted to travel and learn and be more than just some rich spoiled brat who had daddy give him everything. College taught me how I was just some self-centered rich kid who would just probably follow his father's footsteps and not make his own mark in the world. Alas, I had no choice. By being an only child, my father had one heir and that was me.

To stop my father from guilt tripping me until his last breath, I took the job on the condition that I am allowed to explore other business opportunities of my own.