Chapter 30: Recovery

Author's note:

Hi. I know it has been a while since my last update and it is because I was so caught up in reading the After Trilogy and Psychotic that I couldn't write properly. I lost my soul somewhere in those fanfics for about two weeks. I'm so sorry!

I have been working really hard to get the last couple of chapters together (yup, a couple of chapters so this is not the last chapter yet!) for a grand photo finish and awesome epilogue. 

Anyway, I hope you guys find this chapter to your liking! 

LOVE YOU ALL FOR STICKING WITH THE STORY AND DELAYED UPDATES. *tears everywhere*

AVA

I saw a pair of glowing eyes in the dark just off to the side of the bar. Chairs and tables were pushed to that side and it seemed like it was supposed to be the entrance to the bar. Whatever it was, it was concealed by the dark with only its eyes to betray its presence in the bar. I couldn’t make out who or what it is but it definitely wasn’t human. I’m probably just seeing things as I’m badly beaten up and I have a gun being waved around just above my head.

I could clearly see the frantic expression on both Todd and Oliver’s faces. They were just roughly two meters away but they knew that if they took one step, I’d have a bullet taking residence in my head. Looking up, I saw Robb finally point the gun to my head. I guess he’s finally decided he’d hurt more people by killing me first and that’s exactly what he’s going to do.

That’s when I heard footsteps. No, more like paws rapping on the concrete floor and it was getting closer. The four of them were so engrossed in conversation that it seemed I was the only one who really noticed.

Then I recognized what and who it was.

I turned to Todd and Oliver when I heard a click, followed by a gunshot. I expected to drop to the ground and… die or at least feel pain but there was nothing.

Next thing I knew was Oliver rushing towards me when a black blur sped past me and went straight for Robb’s outstretched arm.

Another gunshot echoed around the room and I remember screaming. All the pent up energy and frustrations making itself known through one ear-splitting scream.

I must be losing my mind due to the numerous blows to my head.

Robb fell to the floor, struggling to get Bandit off of him but my dog had its jaws locked onto Robb’s wrist, shaking his head about causing Robb to cry out in what I could only guess is excruciating pain, drawing a whole lot of blood. The gun has been successfully knocked out of Robb’s hands but I had no idea where it went or who has it at the moment.

Within seconds, I feel arms carefully wrap around my shoulders and I knew who it was. I sunk into Oliver’s arms and started crying. “I got you, it’s okay. I’m here. I’m so sorry baby.” He rocked me back and forth, kissing the top of my filthy head of hair. A heavy weight was lifted off of me when I came to the conclusion that he has me. He’s saved me. His familiar scent, touch and voice. I never thought I could miss all of that so much in just a matter of hours.