Chapter 17: Alcoholic Beverages and Nightmares

AVA

Todd finally set a date for when he was going to buy drinks and he said it was going to be a double date because he was going to bring Hanna.

I was probably sitting down for a good hour, trying to find something to wear in my sea of clothes. Then finally, a black and gold strapless cocktail dress that was about four inches above my knee caught my eye. I rarely go out to bars but hey, I’m dating, not tying my hair and wearing red lipstick. Why not add a scandalously short cocktail dress to the mix?

I couldn’t help but smile at my choice of footwear. I finally found a match for my gold platform pumps for Christian Louboutin! Spiky and metallic. Perfect for a night out.

I think.

I just hope I don’t accidentally kill anybody with these.

I tousled my hair a bit for a more carefree look and went for the red lipstick again. If I had known how easy it was to just slap this on in the morning, I wouldn’t even bother to do full face makeup anymore.

I grabbed a gold clutch bag and walked out of my bedroom. To my surprise, Oliver was already there. Leaning on my kitchen counter, fiddling with his phone. He was wearing a white polo with the top two buttons undone and a black blazer over it. His hair was still a sexy mess.

He could have been a model. No kidding.

He stood up and placed his phone in his pocket.

“Don’t you look sexy.” A playful grin, decorating his perfectly chiseled face.

I walked up to him and gave him a quick kiss.

“I’ve got to keep up. With all the women just waiting to pounce on you, I gotta bring my A game.”

I strutted to the elevator and pressed the button to go down.

“I like that you’re possessive.”  He whispered in my ear.

Shivers down my spine. I managed to keep my cool though.

We stepped out of the elevator and as we walked to the parking lot, I didn’t see a familiar car again.

“How many cars do you own?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“I have enough.” He smiled crookedly without turning to look at me.

We stopped at a dragon red Bentley Continental GT V8. I kind of hate him right now.

He’s destroying the environment.

Okay, I don’t really think that. I’m just jealous.

“My lady,” He said as he opened the door, gesturing for me to go inside.

Ahhhh. It even smelled nice.

One of the perks of dating Oliver? He has really nice cars.

When we drove off, I asked him which club we were going to.

“Todd said to meet him at the Red Pirate. It’s a new club. We should be there in about ten minutes.”