Chapter 4: How We're Going to Make This Work

Author's note:

Hi! if you noticed, I had to remove chapters 5-13. Sorry about that. If you guys want more Ava and Oliver, leave some loving messages below!

AVA

I realized that because of Oliver, I wasn't able to grab a bite for lunch today. So I decided to pass by a gourmet place and get some takeout. A salad with a couple of chicken strips would suffice.

I got my salad and drove straight home. I was completely exhausted and the impending reunion the following week was not much help, either.

I reached for my bag and take-out and went to the elevator. I had just entered the lift when my phone started to vibrate violently inside my bag.
"Hello?"
"Hey Ava!"

Oliver.

What a delight.

"What do you want, Royce?" I snapped.

"I was thinking, we should get to know each other before the big reunion. So! I have arranged for us to have dinner at the new Italian restaurant this Friday."

He said, completely ignoring my irritated tone.
"Why would I agree to that?"
His tone evolved to a more serious one, "To make this scam of yours to work, we have to act like an actual couple. Which means, knowing intimate or somewhat personal things about the other person."
He's taking this scam of mine seriously, and I hate to admit it, but he's right.
I sighed, "Fine."
"Great! See you!" he said excitedly.
As if the universe had decided to interrupt, the elevator doors open to my penthouse suite.

"I have to go. Bye." I said and hung up. I really did not have the energy to talk to him right now. I slumped down onto my dinner table and ate my salad.

When I finished, I threw the container to the sink and continued to my bedtime routine of washing my face, etc.

My big, king-sized bed looked like the most beautiful thing in the world and I practically ran to it.

I pulled the comforter to my chin and quickly drifted off to sleep.

~**~
AVA

There wasn't much work to be done that day at the office so I decided to go shopping with Hanna.

I picked her up from Interview magazine headquarters where she works (and she also owns it. Inherited from her mother).

I was chatting with one of her colleagues when she stepped into the lobby in her simple white top and cream colored jeans with nude pumps. She grabbed her coat and bag and continued to head towards the reception table.

"Hey Ava!" she yelled out to me and waved. Her strawberry blonde hair styled in a messy braid.

"Hi Han! ready to go shopping?" I said, hooking my arm in hers.
"You bet! I'm just dying to revamp my closet."
I waved goodbye to her employees and we walked out to my car.

"So, how's the boyfriend hunt going?" She asked while looking at herself in the mirror.
I shrugged, "Found one,"
She whipped her head towards me, her mouth and eyes gaping open. "YOU WHAT?! SINCE WHEN?!"
"Okay calm down--"
"You can't tell me to calm down! Why didn't you tell me?! When did you find him?!"
"Geez, Han, one question at a time, please. I'm driving here." She seemed to calm down a little bit and let the information sink in.
"Fine. First Question,"
"Shoot."
"Who is he?"
I paused for a moment, contemplating on whether or not I should tell her it's Oliver.
"AVA! WHO IS HE?"
I jumped at her question and spat out, "Oliver! Oliver Royce!" I heard an audible gulp and she stuttered, "Th--THE Oliver Royce? The most eligible bachelor in this country?!"
"Well, I wouldn't say he's 'THE' most eligible bachelor---"
"SHUT UP AVA." she interrupted.
"Oh-kay." I replied, keeping my eyes on the road.
Why is she worked up about this?
I didn't even know she knew Oliver or that she cared about him in any way.
"I really hate you right now." She said, crossing her arms over her chest. I parked my car and we both got out and started walking towards the entrance.
"Stop acting like a 5-year old and help me shop for this god-awful weekend."
That seemed to cheer her up as giving makeovers was her thing.
She enjoyed it even more when she was making me her own personal barbie doll.
We went from store to store buying dresses, jeans, shirts, bathing suits and she even insisted on buying underwear.
I didn't really want to ask why and I went in there dragging my feet on the floor. I don't see or feel the need to buy new underwear for this weekend. No one's going to see it anyway.