EPILOGUE

“Daddy!” Audrina shrieks as she runs to me. I pick her up in my arms and as I walk through the lakehouse, Lucas comes running in with Cairo.

“Lucas and Cairo have been picking on me, daddy.” Audrina says and the two boys glare at her for tattling.

“Luke, what did I tell you about picking on your twin sister?”

Audrina brushes her dark blonde hair off her face and crosses her arms over her small body. Her twin, Lucas seems unaffected and blows stray hair from his face.

“Come on, dad, Cairo and I were just having fun. Preparing him for the arrival of his sister.”

Sometimes, I don’t understand seven year olds.

Ava and I had twins and it wasn’t really a surprise seeing as she has a twin herself. The day Audrina and Lucas were born was one of the best days of my life.

Holding our babies in my arms somehow gave my life new meaning and seeing them now, growing up and being great children, made me feel like I’m not as horrible as I thought I would be.

Audrina and Lucas inherited my blonde hair but they had their mother’s steel gray eyes. All their other features are a mixture of mine and Ava’s.

Needless to say, we have beautiful children.

Audrina’s more like Ava. Sweet, kind and innocent; almost angelic. While Lucas clearly takes after me. Mischievous and rowdy. Despite their differences and constant squabbles, the two love each other to death.

Cairo is Todd and Hanna’s first born and they’re currently expecting their second child in August. He has dark hair and huge blue eyes like Hanna. Along with inheriting his mother’s eyes, he also reflects much of her spunky, outgoing personality.

Ava rounds the corner and I put Audrina down. She scurries off with her brother and cousin and Ava wraps her arms around my neck. She’s in white floral sundress and white flats. Her dark hair flowing freely down her back.

“I’ve missed you.” She says against my lips.

“I missed you too. Trips like these used to be fun, but now, they’re a completely different story.”

I had to fly out to Europe for the weekend to check up on the restaurants and be back in time for a family reunion.

“Come with me next time.” I said, pulling her close.

“But the kids…”

“We can leave them with my parents here. Because yours are out of the question.”

She giggles against my chest, “That is true.”

Her parents are on a cruise, celebrating retirement and neither she, nor Todd know when they were coming back.

We walked out where my parents were enjoying their lunch while watching the kids. Hanna and Todd were sitting beside each other with huge smiles on their faces. Hanna looks like she could pop any moment now even if she’s not yet due for another month.

And Bandit, the old dog was sleeping soundly on the grass beside Ava. He’s already becoming weak and fragile but shows no signs of being in any sort of pain.

We know he may have to leave us soon but he’s given us so much joy these past years, growing old and taking care of the kids with us.

“Hey Olly!” Hanna greets me as I sit down with Ava. My parents followed suit with the greetings before turning their attention back to the rowdy children.

“Hello. Looking good, Han. Are you ready for your second?” I ask,

“Yeah, we’re really excited. I gotta give it to you two, though. Twins?! That must be a lot of work.”

Ava giggles as she leans into my side. “Well, I have the best wife in the world. It’s not a surprise.”

Todd scoffs, popping a piece of scone in his mouth, “Let’s agree to disagree, alright?”

After lunch, we gathered near the dock to watch the kids swim. Todd and Hanna opted to wait by the shore while Ava and I got into the water with the kids.

After a while, we found ourselves sitting on the dock, watching the sun set as the kids get dried off.

“Did you ever think we would be here?” Ava asks.

“No, I never thought I could be this happy. With a beautiful family.”

“Neither did I.”

As the sun slowly sets, I turned to my stunning wife of twelve years. She has not aged since the day I married her. Her eyes are still piercing right through to my soul and her smile never fails to take my breath away.

“I love you. And I will love you forever, Ava Allison Royce.”

“Hmm… You say that now.” She quips.

“I do. And I will say it over and over again until the day I die.”

“I love you, too, Oliver Royce. Until my last breath.”

FINAL AUTHOR'S NOTE

I will try to keep this short.

Thank you for reading and staying despite the delayed updates and all that. I know this is not the best wattpad story out there nor is the plot mind-blowingly amazing, but I do appreciate all of your comments, votes, and even just the reads. It was never my intention to gain any sort of fame or recognition through my story. I just needed an outlet for my overactive imagination. 

to my friends who had to read SEVERAL drafts of this story and for making my cover art (hi Tyn) thank you. You guys are seriously the best. Thanks for pushing me to post my story on wattpad. 

anyway, it was an awesome ride with all of you and I hope you continue to read my new stories which I will be posting soon! (I have like two more which I am currently working on. Apart from Better With You.)

MUCH LOVE FOR YOU ALL.