Chapter 10: Years Ago

*Author's note:

I noticed I forgot to change the color of Oliver's eyes in some parts. To be clear, his eyes are GREEN, not blue. Had to change it mid-story because almost all hot guys in the stories I've read have blue eyes. So  Olly gets green eyes.

AND! Alex Pettyfer has green eyes so there.

That is very important. Because Alex Pettyfer is so beautiful, I cannot even. 

OLIVER

The final photo that was flashed on the big screen was that of a raven haired girl deeply immersed in the book that she was reading.

She was wearing a cream sweater and jeans with striped sneakers.

The shot was beautifully candid as the subject was completely oblivious to the fact that her picture was being shot at the moment.

I looked closer to the person in the picture when the eyes and lips seemed to be familiar.

I turned to Ava and saw her look in horror as her classmates tried to guess who the girl in the picture is.

Camilla stood up all of a sudden and yelled out Ava’s name. The whole table started to laugh after Camilla did a little victory dance.

Ava’s face turned beet red as if her photo being shown to the whole world was the worst thing that could ever happen to her.

I put my arm around her shoulder to soothe her as she buried her face in her hands.

“Why are you so embarrassed? That was the most beautiful photo in the bunch!”

She looked up at me as if weighing my affirmation.

I meant it though.

The girls seated with us started saying ‘aww’ in unison after hearing what I just said about Ava’s photo. She just laughed and rolled her eyes at them.

After the slideshow, Meredith announced that there will be a beach party complete with a bonfire during dinner.

“Before our awesome beach party, let’s get to know each other with a little game called human bingo!”

The two brunettes that were at the registration table appeared and started handing out paper with words like, married, has a graduate degree, went to ivy league, etc. printed on it.

“You would have to find people who best fits the label on your bingo card and have them sign it. Plus ones will have to help their partners and cannot be asked to sign bingo cards,”

She was looking straight at me when she said that last sentence.