Chapter 37: THE Wedding

Author's note

deep breaths everybody. They're getting married.

I HAVE ACTUAL TEARS IN MY EYES OH MY GOODNESS.

OLIVER

“Damn it!” I grunt after the eighth time of untying and tying my stupid tie.

“Calm down, Oliver. She won’t bolt.” Todd says calmly, yanking the tie away from my hands. My father who was standing beside him takes the tie and does it himself.

Bandit is wearing a bowtie, once again. Bride’s orders.

I think it’s ridiculous, but whatever Ava wants, she gets. I made sure of that. So, if she says Bandit wears a freakin tutu, it was going to happen.

Thank god, she didn’t think of that.

“Son, you should stop worrying. Ava loves you and this is the first day of the rest of your lives together. It would be best to get rid of the nerves.” He says calmly before putting the tie around my neck and tightening it.

I nod, fixing my white vest of my otherwise all-black ensemble.

My groomsmen were all lounging around in the room, talking amongst themselves when we were silenced by a knock on my door.

Todd opens it and Elise, our wedding planner, peeks her head in. “It’s time, Oliver.” She smiles.

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding before nodding. Glancing at my watch, I saw that it’s already 3:45 pm. Right on time.

Todd claps my back and I lead them out of the room and into the garden.

I was greeted by a number of family members on my way to the end of the aisle. Everyone’s dressed up and the place looks incredible. The aisle itself was covered in a white carpet lined with pale pink rose petals leading up to the end where I was supposed to wait for her.

I’d be lying if I said the nerves were gone.

Todd walks silently beside me with a grin on his face.

“Now we wait,” he says as we step onto the all-white altar.

AVA

I slipped my feet into my white lace peeptoe heels before taking in a deep breath.

“Oh my god,” I breathe as I turned to face the mirror.

I looked over my reflection and took in this beautiful person. Somehow, I couldn’t bring myself to believe that this is me and I’m about to marry the love of my life. By the end of this day, I will be Ava Royce.

“Shit, I have actual tears.” Hanna grumbles and I chuckle.

I chose an intricately designed off-shoulder gown with sweetheart neckline and full skirt. The bodice is riddled with more diamonds than I could ever count, cascading down to the length of the skirt. My hair is pinned to a low bun near the nape of my neck.

I could see my mother choking back tears as she looked at me.

We’ve been trying to build an actual relationship during the planning of my wedding and although it hasn’t been easy, this is the best state our relationship has ever been in.

“You look beautiful, darling.” She whispers as she rubbed my shoulders.

My cousins are wiping tears from the corners of their eyes, careful not to smudge or ruin their carefully applied makeup.

A soft knock caused us to turn our heads to the direction of the door.

Elise comes in with her clipboard and says, “He’s waiting for you.”

~**~

I’m standing at the end of the processional line behind Hanna. My bridesmaids are all wearing baby blue dresses in varying designs, cut just above the knee.

Hanna looks over her shoulders and smiles at me. “This is it! I’m so excited! Next year, we’ll be switching places!” She squeals.

A small smile spread on my lips as I think about her impending wedding to my brother.

Elise walks Bandit over to Hanna.

Since Todd has to wait beside Oliver at the end of the aisle, Bandit is going to walk with Hanna.

This was one of the best ideas I have ever had for this wedding.

From where I was standing, I could see the white and baby blue chairs aligned perfectly by the wide aisle.

Pale pink rose petals lined the aisle and at the end, I could see the altar. Four pillars that seemed to be made out of white roses alone and chiffon curtains gathered beautifully on opposite sides.

I was broken out of my thoughts when I felt a light touch on my arm. I turned to see my father smiling kindly at me, offering me his arm. “You look like a princess.” He says with glassy eyes.

“Thanks, dad.” He kisses my cheek before looking forward and the bridal march begins to play.

My heart is pounding in my chest as one by one, my bridesmaids paired with Oliver’s groomsmen, made their way down the long aisle.

I honestly don’t remember this aisle being endless.

When it was Hanna’s turn to walk, she winks at me before starting and once she has taken her place off to the side of the altar, it was my turn.

I took a deep breath and looked out. Immediately, I zeroed in on him despite the distance between us and the presence of everybody else, Oliver was the only person I could see at that moment.

My father and I began our walk down the aisle. I had one arm hooked around his while the other clutched my wedding bouquet. I looked around and saw the faces of our family and friends.

At the end of the aisle were my mother seated with Oliver’s parents and everything felt perfect.

When I was close enough to see the expression on Oliver’s face, I had tears in my eyes. The way he looked at me made my heart flutter.

I could see nothing but adoration and love in his emerald green eyes and at that moment, I knew that I love this man with all my heart and soul, and nothing could ever change that.

Once we finally reached the end, my father was failing at holding back his tears. Oliver holds out his hand and shakes my father’s before taking my hand and encircling it around his elbow. I gave Hanna my bouquet before moving forward.

“I love you,” He whispers and those three words, no matter how many times I’ve heard him say it to me before, brought tears in my eyes.

I looked up and saw that he had tears in his eyes too. “I love you, too,”