Chapter 3

Aubrey

"What?" I asked as tears begin to slide down my cheek.

"I have cancer" My mother said again. This time lowering her head as she spoke.

"How did this happened? When did you find out? Mami what am I gonna do if I loose you?" All the questions came rushing out all at once.

"Baby don't worry about none of that okay? If it's my time to go soon then that's just what it is. Always remember baby god has the last say" My mother said as I dropped down to the floor.

The banging at the door stopped and all that could be heard were my cries.

Months later...

"Baby I'm leaving for work" My mother said poking her head in the door.

"Ok" I said not looking up at her.

"Baby it's gonna get better I promise" She said giving a weak smile then leaving .

After she left I got up and jumped in the shower and cried. I washed my body then got out and wrapped the towel tightly around me.

I been such an emotional wreck lately.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Ugh" I took my time going down the steps. I didn't want to deal with anyone so whoever it was could wait.

Bang! Bang!

"Damn why you banging on my fucking door like that" I yelled yanking the door open before looking through the peep hole.

"Who the fuck you think you're talking to like that!" J asked walking in and slamming the door behind him.

"Wha--t what you doing here?" I asked backing up until my back had hit the wall.

"Don't get scared now baby girl" He smiled at me.

"Ain't nobody scared" I said tryna poke out my chest.

"Yeah whatever. Damn you smell good" He said putting his nose in the crook of my neck.

His hands made there way up to my hips while his lips traveled my neck. Now I'm not gonna lie and say I wasn't enjoying it because I was. That shit felt good! Why was he here though?

He pulled my body into him while he sucked lightly on my neck "Why are you here?" I moaned into his ear.

"Shhh don't talk" He said lifting me up and wrapping my legs around him.

My arms snaked around his neck while he carried me upstairs.

"J?" I moaned.

What the fuck am I doing?!

"Yeah baby?" He asked walking in to my room and laying me down on the bed.

"What you doing here?" I asked again.

"I thought I told you not to talk" He said looking me in my eyes

He then removed my towel and started kissing me from my neck on down. He slowly rose back up to my lips and began to kiss them softly.

Ding dong!

"You expecting company?" J asked.

"No" I said trying to push him up off me so I could get the door.

"Where you going?" he asked not budging.

"To get the door now can you please get up" I said pushing at his chest.