Ch.19

I sit on the seat next to Nagisa's bed hearing nothing but the beeping sound of the heart monitor, and the droplets of the IVs.

I still can't comprehend this situation.
His own mother did this to him?

  I turn and look back at his unconscious broken body.
   Wires running all around his body, bandages covering him head to toe.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the ringing of my phone. I stood up and went outside the room to answer it, sparing one last glance at him before closing the door.

"Hello?" I answered without thinking-

"KARMA!!" To go deaf. Oh, I shouldn't really joke about that. . . . But Damn Rio's loud!

"What?!" I snapped back. Lord

"How's Nagisa?" She asked serious. She's the only one I told other that his dad. There's no need for the rest to know. I'm sure he wouldn't want people to anyway.

"The same." I said aggravated. Nothing changed the past three days I've been waiting for him to wake up but he still hasn't.

She lets out a long sigh before saying "well let me know when he wakes up okay?"

"I will, bye." I said before hanging up.

I slipped my phone in my back pocket and made my way back to Nagisa's room.

I walked in to see Nagisa was no longer unconscious, but was staring blankly at the ceiling with his good eye, breathing tubes going from the back of his neck to his nose trills, his hair gracefully down and out of the pigtails from when they had to stitch up his head.

"Nagisa!" I yelled in surprise, rushing towards him.

He tried saying something but winced from his hoarse voice.

"Here, have some water" I said helping him sit up, holding him carefully, close. I was taken a back by his next question however.

"Why did you save me?" he asked blankly, not looking my way.

Saying I was shocked was an understatement. Why? What does he mean by why?  It should be obvious. Is it not? I care. I really really care about you Nagisa Shiota; is what I wish to say, but I didn't. I just kept staring at him not knowing what to say.

Suddenly Nagisa turned back, looking at me with tired eyes. He then pointed at his ears. He didn't have to say anything, I understood right away what he wanted.

  I got up and reached for the night stand drawer, opening it and pulling out his hearing devices. He probably could hardly hear anything right now. Just muffled voices as he describes it.

I handed him his hearing aids and he was quick to try and put them in. It seemed difficult, as he was still laying down and with both hands badly injured to the point of shaking.

I went over to help but he stopped me and instead tried to sit up. Failing badly. I couldn't watch him struggle anymore and went ahead and helped him sitt up. After being in sitting position, he finished putting them in and rested his arms beside him, eye fixated on the wall infront of him.
  It's like he's not even here.

"Nagisa,  I know you might not want to talk about it bu-"

"I deserved it." 

He said cutting me off. He turned away from the wall to my direction. And what I saw made my heart ache. His eyes. They were dead. No glint of light what so ever. His expression tired as if he'd given up.

"What do you m-mean?"

" I deserved it. Everything. I ruined everything so I deserved what i got from her."

"No you didn't. You-"

"Yes I did!"

He yelled. I was taken a back from his outburst.

His breathing started picking up as he gripped his hair into fists.

"It was all my fault! If I had just died like I was supposed to none of this would have happened! Mom and dad would have been happy and you wouldn't have to worry about a mistake like me!!"

At this point he was his historically crying and pulling on his hair.

So I did the only logical thing that came to mind.

I slapped him.

~♢~♢~♢~♢~♢~♢~♢~♢~♢~♢~♢~♢♢~♢~♢~

I was planning on continuing but desided against it Xb.

What do you all think?

Good?

Bad?

Ice cream? 

.
.
.
I want Ice cream right now T^T

Vote♤Comment♤Follow

Till next time bye~ ☆