Ch.20

(Unedited and might be a little Triggering to some)

        'I slapped him.'

   Nagisa slowly turned back to be engulfed into a hard but comforting chest.

"Don't say that!" Karma said with a calm expression, but a strained voice. Still holding Nagisa close in an embrace. Nagisa can tell karma was upset.

"Listen, I don't know the whole story, but I care. You're not a mistake, Worthless, and definitely not a burden on me. So please." I pulled away to see his wide tear filled eyes staring back at me.

"Please. I'm here for you. Always will be." I said leaning my forehead on his.

He blinked and wiped away his tears that kept getting replaced by new ones. Karma brought his thumb under his eye and tenderly wiped them away.

Karma's P.O.V

He suddenly hugged me as best of his ability with his injuries, which had me realise how truly hurt he was. So broken. Did I actually just slap the kid? Gosh now I feel bad.

All that was heard in the room was the sound of his sniffles and IV drops.

" M-my mom always wished for a girl" His small voice started.

"B-before she had me she always said to my father how she couldn't wait to have a beutiful baby girl, so she was ecstatic when she learned she's pregnant. She would always say ' I will not approve of anything other than a girl!' Of course my dad never took her words seriously."

   He paused and took a long shaky breath then exhaled. I gently started stroking his hair.

  "It was exactly two weeks after the sixth month, when my dad  persuaded her to finally find out what the gender was. She hasn't been wanting to go saying that she's sure it would be a girl... it wasn't, and she was devastated, no, she was angry. Angry at my dad angry at others, and angry at her u-unborn c-child." He said his voice cracking at then end as tears slipped down his beutiful, but pained face.

"After that she changed. She stopped caring for herself and would resort to anything that would be damaging...but not for herself, for her child." That had my breath get stuck in my throat. No way.

" S- she started doing drugs and drinking, it was around the seventh month. My dad would try and stop her, hiding and throwing away what he can. At the end he had to send her away somewhere before she could hurt me anymore. It was some kind of f- facility. She stayed there for a while until-"  His voice cracks as he stops and takes in another sharp breath.

"Then one day She had enough and s-started looking for other ways to get rid o-of me. S- she would hit h- her s-stomach, j-jump around and try and hit things. I- I ended up being born really early and with a lot of complications. But that wasn't all-"

He brought his hand to his mouth as a loud sob escape his pale trembling lips. His whole body shaking and tears flowing down his red cheeks. I brought him eve  closer to me if that was even possible, and hugged as he buried his face into my chest.

Why did such a sweet and amazing person have to suffer so much? It made my heart hurt hearing the pain in his voice as he told me this. He turned his head to the side, sharp intakes of breath where heard as he coughed a little.

" shhh, It's okay. I'm here, you don't have to continue. I want to know but I don't want you to feel pressured about it" I told him.
   If it's this painful then I don't want him to go through this. He shakes his head and opens his eyes as he softly spoke.

"No. I want to tell you this. I want you to know, because I trust you." He said before taking another breath and continuing.

    "After that my mom learned she had lost the ability to conceive. She went ballistic. Devastated that I'm all she'll able to have, I heard my dad had gone to pick me up from the orphanage a couple of times after she left me there. She blamed me. Hated me. Wished me gone ." He said lastly with a dry laugh as his red eyes started getting teary again.

"I was Never wanted! My own mother didn't want me! I could have easily been born with much worse conditions, I could have also easily died!" He brought his hand to his chest and screamed. It was painful watching him suffering like this.

  "If I'm the one at wrong the I deserved what I got from her-"

"You do not deserve anything that happens to you!" I cut him off. I bring my hand to the side of his face a lift it up, our eyes meeting.

    "You are the most wonderful person I have ever met in this entire world and nothing can change that. You've done nothing wrong. Being alive is never wrong. It's your mom who's wrong. If a parent can't love and accept their child then they don't deserve to be called parents, You mean something to me. Not just me, your dad, Rio, Isogai and all our other friends. We all care about you." I finished as he smiled softly.

"Thank you kar..ma..." He said as his eyes slowly started dropping.

"Get some rest beutiful. I'll be here when you wake up." I said, resting him down on the bed.

He closed his eyes as one last tear fell down his cheek. I wiped it with my thumb and leaned down till I was  centimeters away, connecting our lips I kiss him softly.

   I slowly pull back, seeing his long lashes resting on top of his flushed cheeks and puffy eyes.

  "I'm so glad I got to know you."

•••••••○••••••••••••••••••••••= V =●●●●

Pheeew. This was hard. Sorry for the late update but at least you got the truth!! Sorry if this was messy I kept getting lost on what I'm writing X'D but hopefully you like it!

Vote! Comment! And follow!

Till next time bye ~ ☆
And holy crap over 1040 words in the ch.   :0