The Closure

Davina's pov

i strolled past the dirty hallway , my breath catching in my throat , my heart beating wild in my chest. as i walked closer to the cells, a feeling of anticipation fell upon me. i needed to know why, why he did this to his own son. i pretty sure it's not for power, he already had power more than he needed. a retired alpha, what could possibly drive him to want to kill his own son?

a shiver ran down my spine as i got closer...and closer...and closer.

i hadn't realized i was shaking until i felt Adam palm my shoulder. that's what i loved about him, he was always there for me and he didn't have to use words to made me know that, it's simple gestures like these that are more than enough.

as i reached his cell, i took a deep breathe before sitting on the chairs that were put for us to sit. i looked at him straight in the eye, ignoring my beating heart. the look in his eyes was pure wicked, it almost broke down my confident facade that I've been trying so hard to hold.

we spent a couple of minutes in silence , no one uttered a word, just staring at each other.

Tristan, Adam's father was the first to break the silence, "where's your mother? " he asked.

"non of your concern" Adam snapped.

"where the hell is your mother? " Tristan screamed.

"she doesn't want to see you" i replied before Adam loses control. we fell back into silence again and looked at each other awkwardly, no one daring start the conversation we were here for.

"well if you're here to stare at me, knock yourself out." Tristan said as he let out a sick laugh.

"why are you leading a whole bunch if rogues and allying with witches? " i asked calmly.

Tristan titled his head to the right before he let out a loud laugh. i shivered slightly at his actions, feeling the goosebumps all over my body.

"it's simple, i want power " he answered , putting emphasis on power.

"you're insane" i spitted out with venom dripping from every world. i promised i wouldn't speak , but i couldn't hold it .

"insanity is merely a result of a wild imagination.so perhaps criminals are merely geniuses and the remainder of society lacks the ability to dream. that's why people like me are locked up, because our thoughts are such beautiful creations that the world deems them as hauntingly dangerous." he replied in snarky tone, smiling wickedly.

"you have all the power you need !" Adam burst as he rose from his seat, referring to Tristan's previous comment. i quickly stood up and pulled his back down to his seat while rubbing small circles on his back. i let out a relieved breath as i felt his tense muscles relax under my touch.

"there are almost 15 packs out there, i don't want to be just one alpha out of 15, i want to be the only alpha, and the only way to do it is by tricking those idiot rogues." he said and I've never felt so disgusted my whole life.

"you see, it all started when jade's parents died in a fight on the hands of an alpha, she was devastated, I've never seen her so depressed. and it killed me that i couldn't do anything to help them , to take away her pain. And then i thought to myself , if there was only one alpha, one who was wise, no one would have had the power to kill my love's parents. "

" Don't you dare blame this on my mother! you cheated on her! how can you say you did this for her? " Adam screamed at his father, but Tristan ignored Adam's outburst and continued.