Chapter 33; The Aftermath

Aria's POV:

"Get out of my fucking way."

I groaned, the back of my head throbbing as I tried to get up at the sound of Justin's voice. I felt a gloved hand touch my wrist, my eyes opening and then squinting at the light that invaded my vision.

I could still hear Justin telling people to get out of his way, a few other voices either asking me how I was feeling whilst others tried to keep calming Justin down.

"Ma'am, are you okay?" the paramedic by my side asked as I tried to get up but failed miserably when the sting in elbow shot up and through my arm, a pained cry leaving my lips as I gasped at the pain.

"Aria, baby I-I swear to God if you touch me again I will fucking cut your goddamn throat you piece of-"

Tears lined my eyes as I breathed out the pain and heard a rush of voices, "J-Justin," I choked out, feeling my fingers on my right hand loose feeling from how blinding the pain was.

"Justin, is he your partner?" the paramedic asked me and I nodded shakily as I tried to reach out my hand without thinking, another cry leaving my lips when I moved my elbow that had obviously taken the weight of my fall. "Let him through, they're together."

I clenched my eyes shut, biting the inside of my bottom lip as I heard the pop of what I assumed was a medicine bottle, Justin's voice soon being heard closer.

"She's pregnant, thirteen weeks, is the baby okay?" Justin rushed out in one breath, a shadow casting over my head as I opened my eyes and saw him above me, the paramedics voices suddenly muted from my ears as I looked at him. "Baby," he whispered quietly, smoothing his hands over my cheeks and wiping away my tears before I inhaled sharply when my arm was moved. "Stop, it's fucking hurting her," Justin snapped.

"Sir, she's dislocated her elbow. I have no choice but to stabilize her," the paramedic said wearily just as I groaned at the sudden cramp that flooded through me.

"What, what is it?" Justin panicked, his eyes widening even further when I placed my good hand over my stomach. He paled over before he cleared his throat just as I screamed when the paramedic moved my arm and then strapped something over it.

"It's done, I've done it," the paramedic breathed out as fresh silent tears curved over my cheeks. I could feel Justin's anger towards him from the sudden pressure of his fingertips, my good hand coming up to his arm as I shook my head.

He didn't say anything as he looked at me, a few other paramedics surrounding me as they brought over a stretcher. In a matter of minutes I was in an ambulance, Justin's hand clasped around my good one as they carried out an impromptu ultrasound.

I leaned my face against Justin's hand that was in mine as he looked at me, his stare not faltering even when the paramedic spoke up once wiping my barely there bump.

"Baby isn't moving as much as I'd like them to and I think that might be because of your elevated blood pressure," she told me, taking her gloves off and slipping some new ones on. "Your high blood pressure is most likely the reason of why you fainted, were you feeling any signs of distress before you arrived?"

"Um...it was more personal than anything so I'd rather not talk about it unless it's only Justin," I told her quietly, biting down hard as my jaw clenched at the sudden bump we drove over.

"Okay, well I'm going to keep on taking your blood pressure just to make sure it's not suddenly changing and once we get to the hospital, I'll book you in for an immediate ultrasound with the maternity ward and an X-Ray with the orthopaedic unit."