Chapter 23; I Don't Understand

Justin's POV:

"Baby," I called out and she responded back with living room. I kicked off my shoes at the front and walked through the kitchen and to the living room seeing Aria sitting on the floor next to Mia was on her back grasping the toys that were hanging above her in a colourful display.

"Hey," she smiled looking up and following my actions as I sat down next to her and Mia. "How was your day?" She asked as I kissed her cheek and bent over to see Mia's eyes following around the toys above her.

"It was good," I answered before kissing Mia's nose and she squinted her eyes making me chuckle.

"How was yours and Mia's?"

"Good, although she refused to take a nap and was only satisfied when she was on the floor, so I'm expecting her to be knocked out sometime soon." She said and I looked over at Mia who was looking up at us already.

"Why didn't you take a nap?" I asked in a baby voice poking her cheek gently and in return she gave me a tiny smile making my heart pulse with love.

"I'll probably never be able to stay mad at you, do you know that?" I said as Aria laugh softly before standing up and walking towards the kitchen. I took that time to lie on my stomach and balance my weight on my elbows as I hovered above Mia.

"You look just like your momma," I said down to her, her eyes were the only thing that she inherited from me.

Everything else was basically Aria, brown hair from her, gorgeous little smile from her, a bunch on tiny freckles from her; basically a mini clone of her.

Jesus Christ I'm a lucky guy.

Two beautiful girls that I get to call mine.

"I love you," I whispered to Mia softly and she looked up to me, her eyes staring back at me with curiosity.

"So so much," I finished off and she blinked twice quickly making me smile, I kissed her cheek before getting up and standing.

But just as I went to grab my phone that was lying on the floor from where I was previously I heard Mia's whimpers making me snap my head down to her.

Her tiny face was contorted into a cute little frown and it was only replicated on my face as I kneeled down next to her.

"What's up huh?" I asked her and she looked up to me as I tried to work out what was making her cry.

"You hungry?" I asked her, "She ate 10 minutes before you came," Aria said from the kitchen and I ruled that out of my options.

"Then what's up baby girl," I said and she looked up to me and I got up again going to get Aria and ask her to come and see what was wrong with Mia but as soon as I got up again she started to cry.

"Oh," I realised before turning around, "You want to be held?" I asked her and I chuckled when she frowned at me.

"Come here then," I said reaching under the play frame and scooping her up in my arms.

She cooed quietly as I held her close standing up. I walked over to the kitchen where Aria was, her hands opening several cupboards as she set utensils onthe work top.

"I don't know what to cook," She said to me as I sat on the chair that was tucked away underneath the edge of the counter top.

"Make Alfredo fettuccini, you make a mean Alfredo fettuccini," I said and she gave me an ooo before she walked over to the fridge and got out what was needed.

30 minutes later I could feel Mia's movements go limp as she breathed softly, I looked over my shoulder gently and saw her tiny little eyes drooped over, her cheek mushed against my shoulder.