Chapter 8; Are You Okay?

Aria's POV:

"Here you go," Ellie said and I looked up to her seeing her there with a duffle bag, "I brought you some clothes," She said and I swallowed thanking her quietly before getting up and walking towards the toilets and getting changed.

Looking at myself in the mirror I sighed, my eyes were red and puffy from all the crying I had done and the fact that I hadn't stopped until a half hour ago meant that the skin around both eyes were sore as fuck, it burned to the touch.

It was currently 5am and it had been 7 hours since Justin had been shot twice, he was in theatre right now and I had stayed the whole time whilst some of the guys went home before coming back here an hour later.

Running a hand through my hair I let out a strained breath before walking back to the waiting area were everyone else was, "Have they said anything yet?" I asked Aaron and he shook his head patting the seat next to him.

I brought my feet up and rested them on the seat as I hugged my knees burying my head in my arms; I was not ready for Justin to die.

I was not going to let him fucking die.

Mentally scolding myself, I heard a doctor speak up.

"Mr Bieber," He said and we all snapped our heads up. "That's us," Jeremey said as his arm was around a tearful Pattie. "Can I talk to you please?" He said and my heart dropped but I refused to let a whimper escaping my mouth.

"Anything you want to say can be said in front of all of us," He said to the doctor and he nodded before looking at all of us with sympathetic looks.

"We did lose him in surgery," He started and Pattie let out a sob but he wasn't finished, "But thankfully, we brought his heart beat back up and the surgery was a success with getting both bullets out the wound," He said and I chewed on my lip waiting for him to keep speaking.

"However, the mortality rate for chest wounds varies from 14.3 to 36.8%." He said and my whimper escaped as I felt the edge of my eyes spill over my tears.

"We have put Mr Bieber in a medically induced coma for precaution whilst his body continues to regenerate lost muscle, as the bullet pierced through his left lung if his body responds well to the medicine then we will take him out the coma however he will still remain on a breathing machine whilst the muscle in the lung also builds up." He said and I took a shaky breath leaning my head back as I felt my tears slide down my face at the sides.

"Can I ask who called him when he was about to get shot?" He asked and I looked up putting my hand up as my lip wobbled from a sob that I was about to produce.

"You saved his life," He said to me and I swallowed hard, "If he hadn't of turned when you called him, the bullet would've pierced through his heart. The only reason that it's only his lung that got damaged and not his heart was because you had called him." He said to me and I felt the world spin around me.

"If it wasn't for you he wouldn't have even made it to the hospital," He said before giving me a warm smile and walking away after giving his best wishes and telling us that he'd call us when Justin was able to be seen.

"You okay?" Aaron asked softly and I looked at him before nodding slowly as I gulped down the sob that needed to subside because the skin around my eyes was going to be cried away at this rate.

I had saved his life.

Just imagining the fact that I may have not been able to shout for Justin was making my heart hurt.

Shaking away the thought of him actually dying, I buried my face in my arms again before silently praying that Justin would pull through.

>1 Week later<