Chapter 21; Not Great, But Good

Justin's POV:

"So how is it being parents?" Salvatore asked, "Tiring," Aria said and I looked up to see her hugging Blake.

We were all in the kitchen whilst Mia was sleeping in the living room wedged safely betweencushions on the sofa.

"Even with Justin helping out with night feeds, I wake up in the morning feeling like a zombie," She said before yawning behind her fist. "How many times does she wake up during the night?" Blake asked.

"At least 4," I said to him as the conversation was actually making me feel tired, "Whoa," He said and I hummed sitting down on the chair and yawning.

"Wait, then how are you guys going to cope when Justin gets back to work?" He continued and I heard Aria groan, "We will cope, hush," She said putting her finger to his lips and I chuckled sleepily and just as I went to say something the cry of Mia made me come to a halt.

"I'll get her," I said before walking towards the living room to hear her cries getting louder, "Baby girl," I cooed lifting her up and trying to calm her down because every little whimper and cry broke my heart.

"Are you going to go back to sleep for daddy?" I whispered smiling lightly as her cries faltered and soon turned into small whimpers. Minutes went by but the answer to my question being a yes became less likely as she blinked silently cooing to herself.

"Let's go see momma then," I said kissing her head before walking out and into the kitchen, "Is she sleeping?" Aria asked pulling away from Blake and I shook my head.

"Are you hungry baby?" Aria whispered leaning down to Mia and the sound of her gurgling made me smile, "That's not an answer but we might as well try," She said and I handed Mia's tiny frame to Aria as she went to go proceed to feed her.

"Do you want help babe?" I asked her as she picked up the baby bag before speaking up in a teasing tone.

"Unless you got boobs I'm fine,"

~

Justin's POV:

The sound of Mia whimpering filled my ears and I groaned quietly looking over my shoulder and to the clock, "Six thirty Mia?" I said rubbing my eyes as Aria went to slip away from me and get up but I stopped her because she been up all night with her.

"Let me go," I said and she looked back at me, "You sure?" She asked sleepily and I nodded yawning as I got up and out of bed. I stretched before walking out of the room and to the nursery which was directly across from us.

I walked over to the crib to see Mia whimpering, her frame was so tiny even though and I always had a thought in the back of my mind that she would break if I handled her not as gentle as I should, so picking her up like she was a piece of glass I pulled her up to my chest.

"You got me and momma so tired baby," I whispered sleepily as she breathed out a tiny cry as I rubbed her back softly, "Are you hungry, is that why?" I asked as she whinged in my arms, her feet and arms stretching before stilling.

"Or have you got a dirty diaper?" I said before flicking the lamp on in the room giving it enough glow to let me see but not blind me in the process.

I laid her down on the changing table and slowly unbuttoned her onesie making the small whimpers that I prayed to go away return at full speed.

Another thing Mia hates, getting changed.

"We need to change your diaper missus," I said and I grabbed the wipes from in the draws underneath and a clean diaper before changing her. She whined as I buttoned up her onesie, kicking her legs.