Chapter 16; Baby Please

Justin's POV:

In a flash I was up and on my feet as I leapt from my seat and towards the front door. For the millisecond it took me to register what had happened I mentally prepared to see Aria's body on the floor but when I got to the door she was standing fully.

Fully but frozen...

"What happened?" I asked frantically, my heart beating in my throat as I turned her around looking for any sort of damage to her but as I did my breathing stopped at a halt and I swallowed looking at the body on the floor.

"S-she just..." Aria whimpered and I looked back at her seeing her eyes pooled with tears, "She just pulled the gun out and shot herself," She cried, her face paled over as she brought her hands up to her mouth trying to contain the sob that was making her body shake.

"Why would she do that?" Her eyes blinked away her tears as I tried to avoid Jessie's dead body on the floor but it was hard since the blood leaking from her head was creating a pool at my feet as it spread over the porch of my parents' house.

My dad was already on the phone and my mom peaked out from the door; "Take her," I said softly to her and my mom nodded taking a shaking Aria into the house.

I looked back again to Jessie's body and winced but then my eyes widened when I looked down at her stomach.

Fucking crap, she was pregnant.

And when I mean was, I meant used to be because right now her stomach was deflated to the point where she didn't even look pregnant at all.

What the hell happened with the baby??

But just as unanswerable questions popped into my mind, several cars pulled up at the driveway and I saw Salvatore get out and rush towards us.

"What happened to Aria, is she okay?" He asked and I nodded making him breath out a sigh of relief. I knew it was hard on him since he hadn't been able to speak to her since the whole you're an embarrassment to the family incident.

"Is that-"

"Jessie? Yeah," I finished off swallowing again looking at her body, the gun she used was carelessly thrown to the side presumably when she fell to the floor.

"How the hell did this happen?" He asked just as Grace rushed past me and into the house looking for Aria, "Clarissa," I said rubbing my eye as the thought of every time either Aria or I opened a door, someone would kill themselves.

"So she just shot herself in the head when Aria opened the door?" Salvatore asked and I spoke up, "I heard her say something before I heard the gunshot." I said before pausing and trying to remember the words.

"Jessie said, she said that she'll be back later and she as is Clarissa," I said to him and he furrowed his eyebrows together.

"What the hell, why would she make Jessie kill herself?" He asked and the conversation faded out into silence as me, my dad and Salvatore tried to figure it out but as soon as I mentally put the pieces together it made sense.

"Jessie told us," I said and my dad looked at me, "About Clarissa?" He said and I nodded.

"Jessie was the one who told us that Clarissa was coming, so it would only make sense that Clarissa would kill her because she gave us leverage," I said and Salvatore and my dad caught onto what I was thinking.

"But why would she make her kill herself in front of you?" Salvatore asked, "Traumatise one of us into knowing how serious she actually is?" I proposed quietly and my dad sighed as Salvatore put a thinking face on.