Chapter 22; That's Old

Aria's POV:

I fiddled with my fingers as I sat on the bed thinking over what had happened.

Mia had fallen asleep in the car on the way back home, so I had a little time to think to myself about the whole situation.

I had shed a few tears but had yet to fully break down as my brain wasn't processing the wholesituation.

I mean...he said that he'd never put me through the pain of cheating since the whole incident in Hawaii with Jessie but could he have lied?

I groaned quietly into my hands as I brought them up to my face and as I did the door opened downstairs before it shut close.

"Baby," I heard Justin say and my spine went rigid at the sound of his voice, "Upstairs," I mumbled even though I knew he had no chance of hearing that because it was barely audible for me to hear.

I wonder if he'll confess...I mean...nah I don't think so.

I heard his footsteps coming up the stairs and as the sound echoed in my ears I got up searching for a place to hide or just pretend to be occupied with.

I mean the thought of him cheating was only knocking off the tiny amount of confidence within me that I was holding onto and if he confirmed the fact that he was probably fucking some skinny blonde in his office then I'd probably die inside.

Damn that's stereotypical of me.

Just as I started to pace around the room like a mad man the door opened and my head turned to see Justin standing there in fresh clothes.

"I was calling for you and you weren't replying," He pouted walking up to me as he dropped his bag at the door.

"I was putting down Mia sorry," I said and I wasn't really lying, although I had put Mia down over two hours ago.

"It's okay," He said snaking an arm around and kissing my cheek and I tensed, the images of his lips on someone else running through my mind and just to my luck he realised.

"What?" He asked pulling back and looking down at me and I pursed my lips together before puffing out a big breath feeling my heart beat speed up.

"Nothing," I said to him and he hummed quietly not believing me, "C'mon tell me," He said with a small smile and I sighed.

I caught you cheating at work and I was wondering if you'd like to confirm that for me.

Yeah, that's not going to go down well is it?

"It's nothing," I said to him wiggling out of his arms and walking out the room with the baby monitor in my hand in case Mia decided to wake up.

I heard Justin sigh from behind me as I quickly took a look at our sleeping daughter before walking out the nursery and down the steps to the kitchen.

I busied myself with dinner as I looked in the fridge and as I did I heard the steps of Justin following me making me tense again as the air around me started to choke me.

"We are going to talk," Justin said and I turned around to see him leaning against the other side of the counter looking at me.

"We don't need to talk," I mumbled hiding behind the door of the fridge but he walked around and closed it making me look down at my feet as I proceeded to walk around him but he stopped me.

"Stop running away from your problems Aria," He sighed and I bit the inside of my cheek as the familiar need to cry started to creep up on me.

See, remember how I said that I hadn't cried earlier?