1.1

I yawned and stared blankly at the blackboard. The teacher was scribbling something with chalk. Something about a test. Whatever he was saying, I tuned out ages ago.

Perhaps staying up all night watching videos of Seventeen was not a good idea. Especially on a school night.

"Pass down these worksheets. I expect you to be finished with them in an hour."

I groaned mentally. I hated algebra. I hated school. After finishing our college entrance exams, the teachers decided it was best to teach us more for "extra credit" in college. It's amazing, really, how 50 eighteen-year-olds could stand being trapped in this classroom without going insane. We're almost graduating. Give us a break.

Why couldn't something interesting happen in my life for once? Handsome new students sitting next to the mc in a romance anime. A hero rescuing the mc when attacked by monsters in a fantasy novel. Hot guys chasing after mc like in that music video, Mansae by Seventeen. Everything good happened in fictional stories. How I wished something like that could happen in my boring life.

The student in front of me turned around to pass down the worksheets. His name was JJ. He smirked at me. "Daydreaming again, Yenling?"

I sighed. "Yes. Now give me that sheet."

He leaned back, dropping the stack of papers on my head. Immature. I rolled my eyes, taking a paper and passing the rest to the student behind me. "JJ, grow up."

He ignored me, took out his phone and proceeded to play it under his desk without the teacher noticing.

I started on question one. And stopped. Hesitating, I looked at the back of JJ's head, poked him so he turned around in annoyance. "What now?"

I stared at him. His eyes, his nose. A weird sensation tingled in my stomach.

"What's wrong? Something wrong with my face?" JJ asked, feeling his cheeks for dirt.

"No, no, I..." I looked closer. "You remind me of someone."

JJ looked at me as if I was delusional, which I probably was at this point, since there was no way my annoying and immature friend would look anything like Jun from Seventeen. But he did. Those eyes and that expression on his face. A complete imitation of Jun's. I glanced down at his body, cringing. Or to say, a downgrade of Jun. But nonetheless...

"Hey, you ever heard of Jun?" I said.

"Jun?"

"Jun from Seventeen. That kpop group."

Realization dawned on him. "You mean Wen Junhui?"

"Yes! How did you know?"

"He's my cousin." JJ replied nonchalantly.

Jun is JJ's cousin. Cousin. The words repeated themselves in my head. My mouth dropped open in shock, eyes widening into the size of dinner plates.

My plain, game addicted, otaku friend, was a relative to a guy in Seventeen, the group I just happen to love so much?

Coincidence?

JJ's mouth quirked up at the edges. "Are you a fan of him?"

I didn't speak, I just nodded.

"He's coming over. To my house. To attend a family gathering. You know how us Chinese are obsessed with big family gatherings." JJ continued. "You wanna come? Maybe you'll get a picture with him, or an autograph, or whatever you fangirls want."

His words processed through my head slowly. Family. A gathering. Jun. An invitation to see him. See Jun in person. In person. Jun.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. A little too loudly. The teaches glared at us, and promptly walked over to JJ's desk and confiscated his phone. With another look of warning, he walked back to the front of the classroom.

JJ's look was murderous. "I can't believe you did that."

"Sorry,"I whispered sheepishly. "Am I still allowed to go?"

JJ turned his back towards me.

I'll take that as a yes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+*+Authors Note+*+

Hey guys! Thank you so much for taking a chance and reading the first part of my story.
It's actually my first book, so I'm kinda nervous writing this?
Feel free to comment feedbacks or mistakes!
Some constructive criticism would be nice as well. 😄