2.9

"Hansol, you Nicki Minaj wannabe."

We were crowded into the karaoke room. It was dark, but there were splashes of light here and there as if it was coming out of a disco ball. The other thing illuminating the room was the giant screen, which was now displayed multiple butts shaking in the air.

Vernon was holding one of the microphones, rapping like there was no tomorrow. His face was rather red. I eyed the empty beer cans and champagne bottles lying on the coffee table. Did idols ever drink? Were they allowed to drink? We may never know.

I sat on the edge of the long sofa, with Dino slumped besides me. The dancing lights reflected off his eyes. "Yo, Wang." He mumbled, his words slurring together. "Is that Michael Jackson there on the screen? Because if he is, tell him I love him."

I grunted. That boy has been like that for what, an hour? And it's only been an hour and a half since we've been here.

Vernon was still rapping. Very loudly, I might add, and swinging his microphone around. A new dance move? What? Anaconda was already over, and the screen was playing the next song. Seungkwan lunged for the mic, yelling words I couldn't make out over the loud music. He snatched away the mic while Vernon stood there, looking down at his empty hand, a little dazed.

Seungkwan took a swig of whatever was in that glass he was holding. He started singing, his vocals completely off, but he was acting like the diva he was, strutting around the room and pausing for dramatic effects.

"Wang~" Dino tapped me on the shoulder. "Let's go say high to Michael. We're all best friends, remember?"

"Lee, go to sleep." I muttered, pushing him down on the sofa. He fell, and passes out.

Joshua handed me a glass of water. "Dino's wasted?" He gently pushed Dino aside a sat down next to me. "You must be tired."

I rolled my eyes, accepting the water. The coldness of it cleared my head a bit. "He drank too much. Honestly, Josh, they're like a bunch of kids." I nodded at Seungkwan screaming into the microphone and Vernon trying to get it back. DK was on the floor, laughing. Always laughing. He pointed a shaky finger at the two boys, and went down, hugging his stomach and rolling on the floor, empty beer cans surrounding him.

Joshua smiled rather sourly. "I told them not to drink. As I always say, there's nothing wrong with a nice, refreshing cup of water."

"Of course." I said. Josh has repeatedly said this about ten times since we got here.

On the other side of the room was Woozi, was slammed a bottle of champagne on the coffee table, his face beet red. He reached for another one but was blocked by Minghao, who shook his head. I strained to hear him speak above the noise. "Hyung, you already drank too much."

Woozi shot him a death glare. "What did you say?"

I watched and Minghao gulped. "Umm..."

Jihoon continued shooting daggers out of his eyes at Minghao, who slowly backed away as if confronting a wild beast. He scurried to our side of the couch and sat on the floor, facing us.

Joshua handed him a glass of water. "You did good, the8."

Minghao stared distastefully at the cup. "I don't know, Josh. I think I'm going to open another beer. I mean," he gestured at the chaos before him. "Why not get drunk like everyone else?"

"But what if the manager finds out?" Joshua hissed.

"I think he already knows." I said. "Look at how much noise we're making. He's not bursting in, which means we're allowed to drink, I guess. Anyways, it's vacation time. Relax." I reached out for a shot of champagne.