4.5

"This is it, boys." Seventeen was standing in a circle, sticking out their fists in unison. I stood behind them, watching their faces. They looked nervous. Even more nervous than usual.

Seungcheol took a deep breath. "I know things have been rough lately." He paused, meeting everyone's eyes. "But since we've debuted two years ago, we have survived every hardship thrown at us. We can survive this too. So do your best on stage. Do it for us. For Seventeen!"

"Seventeen!" The boys echoed, but it felt half hearted.

I caught a glimpse of Sunhee, smirking in the shadows. What the fuck is actually wrong with her? Ugh. I mentally slapped my forehead. How can one person mess up something so badly? And most don't even suspect her for anything.

I looked across the room at Seungkwan, who was taking deep breaths. He caught my eye, and gave me a confident thumbs up. He raised his voice. "Guys!"

I raised my eyebrows. Seems like Divaboo here has a plan.

"Guys, as you all know, my mom got in an accident lately." He paused, glancing at me again. "I almost lost sight of what I came for. I almost lost hope. But someone told me," he gave me a giant grin, "that I had to try my best, no matter what happens. I want my mom to be proud of me, and that's all that matters. If we mess this stage up, I can't visit my mom knowing she'll give me a look of disappointment."

My eyes went wide. To think what I said actually helped him...

"We can celebrate after we give the audience our best, full of our charisma and confidence. And then we can solve our problems in high spirits. Most problems are easier to solve when we're in a good mood, right?" He grinned at all twelve members. "Besides, we're Seventeen! We can do anything as long as we're together."

Seungkwan, the mood maker, continued encouraging the group, and I could see the atmosphere lightening up. He made a few jokes, and the members visually relaxed and laughed along. Seungcheol looked relieved. Sunhee, on the other hand, frowned. She gave me a glare, to which I returned with a smile.

Man. It felt so good when you know you're efforts worked. Seungkwan's making me soft, damnit.

A staff rushed in, signaling that they were next up. The boys marched out of the room, in much better shape than a few minutes before. Minghao leaned down to whisper in my ear as he passed. "Good job, Yenling." He gave me a wink, and followed the others out.

Jun was the last to leave. Ignoring the fact that Sunhee was also in the room, he leaned down and kissed me.

"Jun." I giggled. "You're messing up your makeup."

He shrugged, and kissed my forehead. I felt myself melt under his touch. I could feel the difference. I could tell he felt much better, and that the smile that was on his face now was not fake like the last few days. He ruffled my hair, and hurried out the room without a word.

My Jun. Never was good with words.

"So how do you feel?"

I whirled around. For a moment, I also forgot Sunhee was there with me.

"What?"

"How do you feel being Jun's personal bitch?"

Not again. Now that the boys weren't allowed, that snake finally took of her mask. I rolled my eyes. "Ouch. That hurts. Please stop." I said sarcastically.

"I'll show you what hurts." And with that, she slapped me out of nowhere.

Stunned, I stumbled back, clutching my cheek.