3.2

"Step to the left, that's right, you're doing great, Ling."

I sighed, looking at myself in the mirror in the practice room. A week has past, and I still couldn't get this move right. I haven't been much of a help either. "Thanks, Woozi." I said. "I'm surprised they haven't fired me yet but thanks."

Woozi raised an eyebrow. "Fired? What makes you say that?"

I shrugged. "Oh, I don't know. Probably because I haven't helped, like, at all?" I sat on the floor, exhausted.

"You do help." Woozi sat besides me, crossing his legs. "You know how stressful it is being an idol. With you around relieves the stress for some of us."

"So, like, you hired me to be your friend?" I said, chuckling a bit to how insane that sounds. "This must be everyone's dream job."

"Fine. See this as training, then. You're a trainee. You're Pledis' latest project. How's that?"

"As if." I rolled my eyes. "With my looks? Please. And besides, if that was true, pretty sure they'll tell me at least."

"Pledis tends to keep stuff a secret." Woozi said. "Who knows? And besides, there's nothing plastic surgery can't fix."

I elbowed him. "Watch it, Jihoon."

He laughed, making me feel a little better. "Come on, let's do that again. Don't mess up again."

"Yeah." I stood, brushing myself off. "I want to be ready for that music video. Still don't know why they want me to do it, and I guess the author herself doesn't know what my job is either, so okay."

"Shh. Don't break the fourth wall, Ling."

Woozi lightly put his hands in my waist, adjusting my position. "Don't trip in your feet. I can't count how many times you fell."

"I'll get better." I muttered. "Dancing isn't really my thing, though."

"That's why we're practicing. You don't need more practice for your singing, it's already pretty good."

There was a knock on the door, and Mingyu and Wonwoo walked in. Mingyu smiled and waved. "Hey. Practicing?"

Woozi nodded.

Wonwoo gestured out the door. "Man, that other room, though. Sounds like Sunhee is busy helping Dino with that duet he's supposed to be performing with that girl from Twice."

I resisted the urge to frown. I haven't had an actual conversation with Sunhee yet, which is strange, since we shared the same room for a week now. But somehow whenever I go to sleep, she isn't there. Or whenever I go in the room, she's already asleep. And I haven't talked much to Dino, either. He was either trailing around Sunhee or busy practicing for his performance.

"She has a really nice voice." Mingyu commented, "and from what I've heard from Jun, she's got some sick dance moves as well."

I bit my lip. Haven't talked much to Jun, either. I spent most of my days in the training room practicing with Woozi, or singing duets with Joshua and Jeonghan. Jun on the other hand, spent his days in the other training room, with Sunhee. Not that I was jealous or anything.

Wonwoo nudged Mingyu, annoyed. "Dude, you're making Yenling feel uncomfortable. Compliment her too."

Mingyu looked apologetically at me, smiling a little. "Your voice is amazing too, Yenling. But uh-" he glanced at Woozi, "I unfortunately can't say the same about your dancing ability."