3.1

"She's coming." Dino whispered. I glanced at him, raising my eyebrows. He looked different today. His clothes weren't wrinkled, and he had tried to comb his hair, something he never did during vacation. And- I sniffed the air. Was that some kind of cologne he was wearing?

We were all crowded in the living room, waiting for Sunhee's arrival. Dino tensed when he heard the ding of the elevator and the clicking of high heels. He straightened his shirt. "Do I look okay?" He asked me, nervous.

"Honestly Lee, you look better than I have ever seen during these past week."

He bit his lip, his eyes wide with anticipation. "Wang, I'm so nervous. I don't know why."

He did look nervous. His fingers were twitching, and I grabbed them, only to find the, cold and clammy. He jumped under my touch. "Don't do that!"

"I never knew you were frightened that easily." I teased, letting go of his sweaty palms. I expected Dino to tease me back, but he didn't. I have never seen him this quiet before.

The doorbell rang. Seungcheol jumped up and walked to the door. "Boys, and girl," he added as he glanced at me, "Make a good first impression."

I swallowed. Here's the moment of truth. Was she really as pretty as her pictures? Was she going to be a nice person to hang out with? Dino was trembling. I nudged him, feeling a bit worried. "Hey Dino. What's wrong?"

"I don't know what's wrong. What's wrong?" The maknae combed his hair with his hands. "I feel so nervous. It's a different feeling from performing of stuff. I feel hot. And lightheaded." He placed his hands above his chest. "And my heart is weird."

I coughed. "Lee Chan, Hun, have you ever had a crush on someone before?"

Dino looked at me, stunned. Slowly the words sank in, and his mouth dropped open. There was a panicked look in his eyes. "But I haven't even met her before! How-"

The door swung open. In stepped a girl with long, brown flowing hair, curled at the bottom. She was tall, taller than Jihoon, and even Dino. From what I could tell, she was almost as tall as Seungkwan. She wore bright red lipstick, and a casual white tee and denim skirt. She strutted in, swaying her hips, her black high heels fitting her small feet perfectly. She was wearing sunglasses, and as she took them off, I could see round, brown eyes. Her makeup was flawless.

In other words, yes, she was hot.

Besides me, I could feel Dino stiffen. I reached out to out a comforting hand on his shoulder. Out of the corner of my eye, I spied Jun biting his lip, and grinning. My heart clenched. My hand on Dino's shoulder also tightened, causing him to let out a small yelp.

Seungcheol clapped his hands, and the boys stood in formation. I stood by myself, a little to the right. The girl eyed me up and down, her eyebrows raising slightly. A sour taste filled my mouth. I gave her a smile, one I hoped did not seem forced.

"Say the name, Seventeen!" The boys bowed. "Hello, we're Seventeen!"

"And I'm Sunhee." The girl said. Her voice was soft, perhaps a little delicate. She flashed them a smile, revealing her perfectly white teeth. She looked even more beautiful when smiling.

Dino let out a sigh, a dreamy look on his face. "This noona is so pretty." He whispered, his cheeks tinted pink.

So my best friend from Seventeen now has a crush on Sunhee. Sure. Why not? Who am I to judge?