2.6

I lay in my loft bed, texting my friends. After the paintball game, we were driven back to the dorm. The red team was in relatively high spirits. They were probably in the kitchen, celebrating with junk food and drinks. The yellow team joined in as well, just to eat. I had excused myself and went back to my room.

I texted my parents first. I should've texted them the minute I got off the plane.

My friends were dying to hear what I've been doing. They were insanely jealous I could take the rest of school off, even though it meant I would miss the graduation ceremony. One of them even proposed to come see me after graduation. They were planning a trip to Korea with the whole class, as a 'graduation trip'. I remembered looking forward to it since I was in my freshman year.

I deleted all the requests to follow me on Instagram. The rumor was still out there, but it died down relatively after Pledis explained the situation. Of course, they didn't mention I was staying with the boys. Smart thinking.

A notification popped up. It was a VLive. The boys were doing a VLive now? I opened the app and tapped on the video.

Hoshi's face popped up. He was talking about the paintball game to the carats. Of course, without mentioning me. I felt a sinking feeling in my chest. I knew it was important not to tell anyone about the assistant situation, since it might cause an uproar. But I didn't like living under a lie. And I definitely didn't like the boys pretending I don't exist in front of the carats.

"But one of the staff helped us since our numbers were uneven." Jun's voice. He rarely speaks in front of the camera, especially when he was with the other boys. He always let the other members do the talking. But now, he spoke up for the first time.

"She was really good. Caught me off guard." Jun went on. Hoshi raised an eyebrow at him, then at S.coups. Coups nodded a little, and Hoshi's mouth spread into a wide smile.

"Yes!" He exclaimed. "She was like this!" He made various whooshing noises, imitating the sound of paintballs flying. He pointed a finger gun at DK's forehead, and said, "Checkmate." Right on cue, DK fell to the floor, spasming and crying out. The boys burst out laughing.

Minghao took the phone and spoke. "Yeah, we're glad she was on our team."

I smiled to myself, feeling warm.

He handed the phone the Woozi, who read the comments. "They're asking to see the person."

"I'm afraid she's busy at the moment. She's the staff, and she has work to do." Seungcheol said smoothly.

"Yeah." Seungkwan said. "Editing and filming and all that. And she's not a girl. She's a woman."

Aww. Is he saying I'm mature?

"She's like, thirty years old." Seungkwan continued.

Never mind.

I turned off my phone. The fans were probably at rest now, knowing that a thirty year old girl would never steal the boys away from them. Sighing, I relaxed against the covers. I should turn in for the night. Today was a tiring day.

=======================================================

"Psst." Someone was shaking me. I turned around, grunting. I wanted to sleep. It's like, three in the morning, probably. Probably just a dream.