Chapter 7 - Ice Pack

" What the fuck?" I peer at the news article with my mouth wide open, my heart beating right against the bones in my chest.

Earlier this evening a new and unexpected album was dropped by Brooklyn raised rapper, Prodigy called 808 and Heartaches. The project is said to be leaked since the songs were only minimally mixed and mastered and displayed every emotion in the book regarding a current break up of what seems to be someone in the current mainstream media.

Previous songs by the rapper though sentimental and positive has never been this emotional. There is little feedback from fans as the the project was only leaked an hour ago but the album has been launched on SoundCloud and was quickly dispersed through other music outlets, the most recent being YouTube and the Hip Hop Early website.

As this story grows and more information is analyzed we think someone is in big trouble-"

I close my eyes as every emotion passes through me. I couldn't continue to read the article because I was too prone on ripping it from every music outlet possible. I want to act fast but before I attempt to remove anything I throw my phone on the bed, pull a shirt over my head, drag on some pants and head straight for Emil's hotel room. I feel the heat in me building up to my head, my fists clench and my jaw locks.

Without a doubt in my mind, I know immediately that it's him.

The walk to Emil is one of the longest walks I've taken as my brain continues to process just how much this means. Aside from completely demolishing my reputation in the game, Chanel would now know everything. How I really thought about her, how deeply I felt and how much hate I was hiding. I know there were songs that would kill her and songs she would thrive on. I know it wouldn't be long before she heard it all and I knew there was absolutely no way I could stop her from hearing. I also know that it won't be long before the Media finds out who I'm talking about if they haven't already. And now anything that comes from it will be completely associated with Chanel and myself. People will ignore the fact that I had a buzz before this situation. I know how this goes.

I bang down Emil's room door.

I bang until my hand hurts, I don't say anything because the anger in me is still very cautious and doesn't feel like shouting curses in a public hotel. Caution with the press is definitely something I would have to pay attention to now.

"Yo, its like 4 o clock in the morning." I hear Emil mumble as he turns the knob on the door. As soon as I see the slightest opening of the door, I launch at him, slamming the door to the wall and pinning him to the floor like a livid lion. The door slams shut with the same force I slammed it in with and Emil hits the ground with a huff as the air is knocked out of him.

"What the fuck, nigga?" I say with my elbow pressed in to his throat.

He struggles to speak and his weak hands attempt to push me off him. I press my elbow harder into his throat stifling his breath and watch his face go red as he struggles for any little bit of oxygen.

Get up

A small voice in my head whispers.

I pull my elbow from his throat and he coughs, his body still attempting to jolt up and push me off.

He huffs for air and I get off him momentarily disappointed with myself. For obvious reasons I've been practicing a little more self control while upset. And even though my eyes are glazed over with a red film, I know how far to take it.