Chapter 19 - D'usse

The smell of hookah and liquor polluted the air of the massive club filled with high end celebrities. DJ Benzy, one of the top DJs in America was finally releasing his album with only the best and most influential artists in the game and this was his release party/ turn up event. His team reached out to me with a private email and I couldn't decide if it was because Chanel was on the album or because he actually considered me worth inviting. Either way I was happy to be there. I doubt he even knew who I really was. I looked around the club, lights flashing all around me, music pumping loudly causing the speakers to shake. I saw some familiar faces, DJs, singers, rappers, models. Everyone seemed to be with their own small group of people snapping and turning up in their booth. 

I sat at my own booth with Emil. Trisha and D'tello arrived shortly after and joined us and Chanel was late because she had to do the red carpet and take pictures with DJ Benz. I poured myself a shot of Dusse and threw it back. I was most definitely here because Chanel was on the album. It had nothing to do with me. Maybe the thought kind of stung. 

Trisha and D'tello make a unique couple. His dreads tied up into a pineapple, his outfit for the night, a loosely tied tie, a half buttoned white collard shirt and a navy blue jacket and pants, the pants rolled up to look like Capris. Trisha sat beside him and took a shot of Dusse along with me. She was in navy blue as well and make no mistake, D'tello and her were dressed in the same exact fabric. As if they were walking models of their own line. The two were coupled with silver jewlery and as Trisha moved forward to pour another shot, her wrist glistened with a silver bracelet decorated in charms. 

I lightly grabbed her hand and brought it towards my face. 

Real diamonds. 

I puckered my lips and gave her a nod of the head, completely impressed. She pulled her arm away from me shyly and glanced from myself to D'tello who was smiling proudly. 

"That's a gift if I've ever seen one." I said wowed. 

"Beautiful jewelry for my beautiful Queen." He said over the music. He smiled big and kissed her cheek. I could tell that he was off the liquor. But I could also tell that he truly cared for Trisha, I saw it in his eyes. He was proud of her and proud to have her. He looked like he enjoyed dressing her in his finest. 

"A shot?" Emil questioned. He had already poured me another and was holding up both our glasses. 

I took my glass from him and watched him carefully. 

"Trying to get me drunk so you can sneak off and leak another record?" I said bitterly. 

I felt Trisha nudge my leg. I didn't meet her gaze. 

"To friendship." Emil tipped his glass to mine. 

I laughed loudly and set my glass back down, without putting it to my lips. 

His face fell as he swallowed by himself. 

I saw her now. A dress that appeared to have a thousand diamonds with a low cut V-neck exposing just enough of her breasts to set me on edge all night. Her and Flex walked over to our booth. Flex's arm interlaced with hers as those long smooth legs glide in those silver heels. My babies beauty was something to stare at and I always knew it. I almost felt jealous having to share it with the world. I stand up and take her from Flex, she kisses me lightly on the lips and for a moment I see the flash of a few hidden cameras. I ensure that Chanel sits without twisting an ankle and when she is safely in the middle of the booth by Trisha, I climb back in.